Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see this tweet from one of the CCP Twitter accounts?

View attachment 1118233

It reads. “China lighting a fire versus India lighting a fire”
i wonder if they will be quite so cockey when India finally get their s**t together, just imagine Indias Potential if they ever kick the caste system and begin working as a collective.

Did you see this tweet from one of the CCP Twitter accounts?

View attachment 1118233

It reads. “China lighting a fire versus India lighting a fire”

Given they've been literally fighting at the border and India is run by an ethnonationalist crazy, is nuclear armed, and has just going an aggressive anti-China alliance, pretty lame really.

If we're talking unpleasant aggressive stuff from an imperial power:

i wonder if they will be quite so cockey when India finally get their sh*t together, just imagine Indias Potential if they ever kick the caste system and begin working as a collective.

Well that's not going to happen any time soon with Modi in charge

Given they've been literally fighting at the border and India is run by an ethnonationalist crazy, is nuclear armed, and has just going an aggressive anti-China alliance, pretty lame really.

Is there anyone the CCP isn’t fighting with?

View attachment 1118217

This from WaPo, owned of course by Amazon, which I saw on Twitter, now repost here.

This is how Anglophone IW works. Trading off the reputation of Watergate at WaPo to give credibility to a patently false claim that then gets rapidly shared around the globe on multiple platforms
Lazy prop, is still lazy…
Why use kristallnacht.. they’ve got many many examples of Chinese state power, could’ve wheeled out photos of tiananmen or the cultural revolution, esp if you want to be seen as the liberators of freewdom!

I can’t watch the video but I imagine that’s the “We came we saw he died - giggling” video? Pretty ****ed up. Libya is a failed state now. They have a slave auctions and all.

Is there anyone the CCP isn’t fighting with?

The vast majority of the world?

They don't have a network of military bases around the world. They didn't invade Iraq. They haven't occupied parts of Syria. They're not picking fights with countries like Iran that are thousands of miles from Beijing.

"Is there anyone the US isn't fighting with" is the better question.

These guys are clearly pro Chinese propaganda, but they are quite interesting.

To take this on a tangent, on that Global South/The East stuff, it used to always confuse the s**t out of me when I first started learning about IR/geopolitics because I'd always think of it initially in an Australian context. I was like, but we're south and east relative to Europe and we're clearly not them (and I absolutely thought about them as an other and perjoratively when I was a naive, slightly racist by upbringing young idiot). For something so simple, it took me a long time to actually figure that stuff out. But then obviously when I did I realised how interesting Australia's relative ethnic and cultural isolation is both in an Australian political context and for the region.

The vast majority of the world?

They don't have a network of military bases around the world. They didn't invade Iraq. They haven't occupied parts of Syria. They're not picking fights with countries like Iran that are thousands of miles from Beijing.

"Is there anyone the US isn't fighting with" is the better question.

But we’re not having a conversation about the US....for once.

i wonder if they will be quite so cockey when India finally get their sh*t together, just imagine Indias Potential if they ever kick the caste system and begin working as a collective.
If you’ve ever seen Indian media it’s like fox on steroids.. they’ve been rolling Hindu nationalism for ages, I don’t think they’ll have much issue gaining support for a war, with a country that’s perceived as mocking them..

But we’re not having a conversation about the US....for once.

We're having a conversation about how China is being perceived as some threat.

That's because the US has decided it is no longer a market but a competitor.

Again, US imperialism.

On a slightly related note, I saw first hand how western media operates to overthrow governments once before. Was a really eye opening experience and helped me to see that everything we view is through the lens interested parties want us to view it, and that can sometimes shape reality itself. Of course, the 'other side' also does this, but many of us have convinced ourselves that we don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a slightly related note, I saw first hand how western media operates to overthrow governments once before. Was a really eye opening experience and helped me to see that everything we view is through the lens interested parties want us to view it, and that can sometimes shape reality itself.

Out of interest, can you share which one?

I still recall big evil Vladimir Putin asking the US how they could support the liver eating Syrian jihadis - he knew what they were.

Yet recall how they were brave rebels here, how we were meant to want to support a no fly zone over Al Qaeda held parts of Aleppo.

We're having a conversation about how China is being perceived as some threat.

That's because the US has decided it is no longer a market but a competitor.

Again, US imperialism.

China has said they want to be the most powerful nation in the world. China mocking India has nothing to do with the US. Personally, I don’t like any military dictatorship, and certainly ones that try gangster politics with Australia.

China has said they want to be the most powerful nation in the world. China mocking India has nothing to do with the US. Personally, I don’t like any military dictatorship, and certainly ones that try gangster politics with Australia.

Really?

If you don't like countries that use gangster politics on Australia, mate, the US knocked off Whitlam as our PM.

If you’ve ever seen Indian media it’s like fox on steroids.. they’ve been rolling Hindu nationalism for ages, I don’t think they’ll have much issue gaining support for a war, with a country that’s perceived as mocking them..

It could backfire badly because there’s some reports the rocket will crash on New York. Probably just click bait though.

Really?

If you don't like countries that use gangster politics on Australia, mate, the US knocked off Whitlam as our PM.
The concrete evidence has never shown up to prove that they actually did. Australian historians, including my supervisor who wrote Evatt’s biography and is no fan of the alliance, have largely reaffirmed the view that there is scant evidence. Peter Edwards, who wrote of Australia’s nasty involvements in Southeast Asia from 1948-65, has also dismissed it. Whitlam later wrote that Kerr did not need any encouragement from the CIA.

Long story short, it is largely unproven and will likely remain so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back