Autopsy Rd 8 vs Dogs - 16 point loss. Let's not sugar coat it ... we choked!

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy is slow but we really could have used someone hard in the middle today & presenting forward.
Teague did exactly fu**all when we needed him in last 50min.
No one at the coal face & a sh*t ruck performance in the 2nd half.
So disappointed- forwards & backs did there job & did it well
Kennedy experiment is over. Good VFL player, below average in AFL. Another Nick Graham

I'll predict and say Teague says 'we just have to get better for longer'

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

They do seem to have their usual cliches.

Malthouse and his 'make no mistake, they're a very good football team', when we lose to a team in the bottom 4.

Damn...thought we had them...then shat the bed.
but Eddie & hmac were pretty good, weiters awesome, mids stank it up.
what’s with saad always running to the right when he can’t kick with his right, does my head in.
anyway bring on the dees, there due for a loss.

They do seem to have their usual cliches.

Malthouse and his 'make no mistake, they're a very good football team', when we lose to a team in the bottom 4.

Teaguey may need to put on a BBQ this week at training. A sausage in ******* bread should make all the fans feel better!

Kennedy is slow but we really could have used someone hard in the middle today & presenting forward.
Teague did exactly fu**all when we needed him in last 50min.
No one at the coal face & a sh*t ruck performance in the 2nd half.
So disappointed- forwards & backs did there job & did it well
We got smashed in the midfield... again... there are serious issues with the coaching staff for the midfield and stoppages groups. They are reactive to changes in opposition tactics and are ultra slow to do it. Our backs coach is probably the only one of our coaches who isn't stealing his salary at the club at the moment. If we didn't have Eddie and Harry in the side this week, we would have been slaughtered.

How on earth did you possibly watch that game, and come to the conclusion that Casboult is the problem?

He is a problem, but he's not the only one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the point of Cripps sitting on the bench for 7 mins at the start of the third quarter. Did he a rest from the half time break fmd.
Because he was doing absolutely nothing in the middle. Bench the prick and see how he responds....... And doesn't respond.....says a hell of a lot about him.....alot

Are you going to start running out stats about how good we are with Barker as our stoppages coach. Teague doesn't set the structures... Barker does. Stanton is supposed to organise the outside running midfield players to transition from either a stoppage or defence into attack... and we keep breaking down on the transition.

Teague just tells them how we are supposed to play. The tempo... all the rest of it. And then, as I said, Barker and Stanton are supposed to make it happen.

We have had this dance. If Teague wants an attacking style, which incorporates setups, all over the ground, despite not being sustainable, any assistant would struggle

If the assistants need to be moved on so does Teague

Need to spend the second half of the year trialling a few different options in the midfield. Dow needs an extended run, if SPS gets a game he needs to be around the stoppages. Give Ramsay a go. Throw Cottrell into a few centre bounces. Reinstate Setterfield and give him responsibility as our primary ball winner.

Cerra needs to be our number one trade target too.

I think part of it is that at GWS their ball movement from defence and through the midfield had methodology underlying it.

Our midfielders have no ******* idea what they are doing, it is complete chaos. I can understand how much of a shock it would be to enter Carlton's system.

Part that, part Williams IMO.

We gave a 6 year contract to a bloke with a bit of injury history and so far has already missed 2 games through 'soreness' and been poor in the others.

Williams was meant to be our 'big fish' to help our struggling midfield. So the list management team identified the right weakness, but so far seemingly targeted the wrong player to fix it.

Williams only played a few games as a mid at GWS...it seems like we almost recruited him and offered $800k p.a off his 1 outstanding performance in a PF vs Collingwood where he played as a mid. When offering a big contract to someone to help our midfield, I would really have preferred someone with runs on the board and a long history of being a gun mid, rather than basically 1 game.

Can people stop with this sort of thing?

Calling out positive posters. Calling out negative posters. Calling out those who thought Betts was done.

As they say, a week is a long time in football and many comments are genuinely felt at the time they are stated. The beauty is it can all change the following week.

Concentrate on your own opinions all. If you see something you disagree with, quote it and state your disagreement. Sweeping calling out of groups of posters is awful for discussion.
Can't agree with this. Most of the time this board spins insightful criticism of Carlton's performance as negativity instead of illuminating the fact that we will remain in a quagmire with current board, football department, coach and captain. There are talented players who suffer at the hands of a leadership crisis.
A) A captain who will not commit
B) A Board that is disconnected from the football department
C) A head coach who lacks charisma, too close to the players and appears tactically lost
D) Assistant coaching panel with low or no level of finals experience

We must be the only team in the comp when up by 5-6 goals who still dont shower you with confidence.

At no point was I confident, I blame years losing from similar points. Something is rotten but not sure what.

This one hurt a lot.

yep really really hurts to lose from the position we were in
They had my hopes up then just shattered them all in the space of 30 minutes 😢

Teaguey may need to put on a BBQ this week at training. A sausage in ******* bread should make all the fans feel better!

Charlie Curnow will slip on a ******* onion, do his knee again and prove Bunnings right.

Cuningham has quietly turned into a really good footballer, for one of the few positives.
Just needed to get involved more and his centre work was ordinary (his opponent got alot of it). But absolutely when he go it he was dynamic. So much to work with and need to keep putting him through the middle.

People saying Cripps form is concerning etc surely weren't at the game.

It ain't form.

He is genuinely lame. He was grimacing slowly jogging to the huddle and couldn't change direction.

Shades of Judd in the 07 finals. Very hard to watch.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
once you step over that white line, you're judged on your peformance whether you're injured or not

Back