News Dr Bridie O'Donnell elected to the board

Remove this Banner Ad

I usually agree with most your posts - but fu** this is such a poor, dangerous opinion.
I'm intrigued to know why you think that's dangerous. FWIW I'd tend to be against having transgender players in the AFLW, but if their players union were fine with it I'd probably change my mind

I'm certainly not trying to twist you're words.

I think she's a very practical appointment. She brings a depth of expertise and understanding on women's sport at a time when we have AFLW, VFLW, and netball franchises. They're areas that'll continue to grow and prosper, and are deserving of representation at board level. She also apparently brings expertise in governance to a board criticised for it's management on governance. All she's missing is a dick apparently.
No it matters nothing to me if she has a dick or not,

it matters to me that she is taking up a vote on a board that’s about to make very important appointments, that will ultimately decide how quickly we rebound.

I have already stated that her skills would be good for the club down the track, but those skills are not needed right now, our others franchises are travelling ok do you agree.

I can't speak for the women in the AFLW but I would assume that a majority of them will never want it. it's an unfair advantage having a transgender woman on the team. You're basically playing with a person who has male attributes. It's not fair and it just doesn't sit right with me.

It is a brave new world we live in ...

Cutting through the chatter.
She simply doesn’t qualify to be a board member under the current rules.
The people who have put her there do not understand these rules. Or, worse, believe that those rules do not apply to them and their appointments.
Her seat on the board is untenable. If the current board think otherwise then it is nothing more than confirmation that they are not interested in CFC or it’s rules.
She must go, or the board must put itself up for a vote of confidence in its governance.
The choice I believe is easy.

Cutting through the chatter.
She simply doesn’t qualify to be a board member under the current rules.
The people who have put her there do not understand these rules. Or, worse, believe that those rules do not apply to them and their appointments.
Her seat on the board is untenable. If the current board think otherwise then it is nothing more than confirmation that they are not interested in CFC or it’s rules.
She must go, or the board must put itself up for a vote of confidence in its governance.
The choice I believe is easy.
Incompetence writ large

It is a brave new world we live in ...

And the sport of female weightlifting will be forever tainted,
I have no issue with transgender people. I believe every person must live their life as they see fit. And if that involves gender reassignment, then all power to them. Live a happy, safe life. Life is short, leave no regrets behind.
But I do take issue with the simple fact that the male physic by its very nature is superior in strength to the female form.
People who have been males should not compete against those who have no male components in their life.
It sounds terribly phobic, but I think transgenders can live a full life without stepping into athletic competition.

Last edited:
Incompetence writ large
It’s a thin wedge that we see, and that thin wedge could be leveraged by an opponent to spill the board and start with a fresh sheet.
I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing, but the arrogance shown by this board, surely they knew the appointment was outside the rules, cannot be overlooked.
Forget the pic of the Doggie jumper, forget the Saints tweets, that’s all chatter, look simply at the appointment.
An appointment outside the rules.
Arrogance, simply the opposite of what we were promised when Eddie departed and this new board stepped up.

It’s a thin wedge that we see, and that thin wedge could be leveraged by an opponent to spill the board and start with a fresh sheet.
I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing, but the arrogance shown by this board, surely they knew the appointment was outside the rules, cannot be overlooked.
Forget the pic of the Doggie jumper, forget the Saints tweets, that’s all chatter, look simply at the appointment.
An appointment outside the rules.
Arrogance, simply the opposite of what we were promised when Eddie departed and this new board stepped up.
Hardly a "new" Board - still tainted by Ed's stunningly arrogant incompetence.

I dont tell anyone what to do. Now if youre a christian, you might think its reasonable to waltz around and tell people to become one of them....and the same for the rest. I dont tell homosexuals that sex is immoral, I dont tell people not to do drugs. I probably tell them not to sell drugs to kids because they are spreading their madness. I dont tell people not to indulge in kinky sex.

So if the women want to play with trannies .....then be my guest. So is that clear enough of my perspective in life.

If bridie wants to encourage women's sport, be my guest, but dont take resources from the main prize....winning a premiership. That is the main prize. THe rest...the parity, the equality, the community stuff is very nice, but I dont want it to interfere in getting a premiership.

So that is my position.
I don't believe the women wish to be playing against 110kg players like Hannah Mouncey.
I spoke to, admittedly only 1, of Collingwood's star players and she was adamant about it (not being a good idea) and espoused that others shared that view.

Yes.
As they have demonstrated with this appointment.
In the famous British TV quote (altered) “they are the weakest link. Goodbye!”
Why do Cwood self destruct in spectacular fashion every now and then?
Graham Wright probably thinking "I think I remember what a well run club is like"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If bridie wants to encourage women's sport, be my guest, but dont take resources from the main prize....winning a premiership. That is the main prize. THe rest...the parity, the equality, the community stuff is very nice, but I dont want it to interfere in getting a premiership.

No doubt that is the good doctor’s laser focus. As she pointed out in her 3AW interview, our VFLW girls are going well. They’re undefeated at the top of the ladder, after 11 games they’re two games and 60% clear of the next place, and this weekend they come up against last placed Darebin.

I dont tell anyone what to do. Now if youre a christian, you might think its reasonable to waltz around and tell people to become one of them....and the same for the rest. I dont tell homosexuals that sex is immoral, I dont tell people not to do drugs. I probably tell them not to sell drugs to kids because they are spreading their madness. I dont tell people not to indulge in kinky sex.

So if the women want to play with trannies .....then be my guest. So is that clear enough of my perspective in life.

So that is my position.
What's wrong with kinky sex?

I don't believe the women wish to be playing against 110kg players like Hannah Mouncey.
I spoke to, admittedly only 1, of Collingwood's star players and she was adamant about it (not being a good idea) and espoused that others shared that view.

well if thats the case, then let the women work it out and make a decision. I get sick of men making judgements for what they say are the best interests of women. I remember that malthouse response a few years back about women playing footy, and he was laying down the law against it, and was looking like a dinosaur. I read today that kelly slater had told some woman that she shouldnt surf big waves. Someone should have told kelly not to try to act in movies.

i said i had no problem with it. Most politicians swear by it...

Politicians get away with murder but at some stage we have put animal welfare at the front of our thinking.

Any chance at the AGM that the members dont ratify her nomination for the board given her she was ineligible to be appointed in the first place.

Would the members hold a grudge for that long?

We spend up to the football department cap. How exactly do these other teams take resources away from the men's team.

We spend up to the football department cap. How exactly do these other teams take resources away from the men's team.

There's only a finite amount of money coming into the club. If there were decisions to, lets say, pay the same amount to the women as the men, then the amount paid to both would need to be less than the current men's salary cap. Most clubs would be lucky to make $1m or 2 profit. If it was decide to make the women's salary cap $5m, then something else would need to reduce...... of course, if the women can generate a large amount of income, then the pie gets bigger. Of course, currently there is money coming from AFL central to subsidise the costs associated with running AFLW - airfares and probably even the current AFLw salary cap. I'm not sure how much AFL central is getting for the telecast rights to AFLW. I know AFLW was charging $10 at the gate last year, so a crowd of 2000 will deliver $20,000, which mightnt be enough to pay for venue costs. Once again, crowds may increase. Then there is the income from AFLW memberships and maybe some merchandising. That would be hard to quantify in areas such as guernsey sales to young girls, for example. It's all a balance but as I said at the start, there is a finite amount of money to go around

Yup, one minute your thinking edible underwear... next they're trotting in a horse

but to go back to my original point, as long as it's consensual - maybe the horse kicking the ground once for yes and twice for no - then I wont be condemning the politician. I can see people like Barnaby having longterm relationships with their horse, that they would find impossible to have with humans.

but to go back to my original point, as long as it's consensual - maybe the horse kicking the ground once for yes and twice for no - then I wont be condemning the politician. I can see people like Barnaby having longterm relationships with their horse, that they would find impossible to have with humans.
Neigh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back