Preview Rnd 11 - Carlton v Sydney Sunday May 30th 3.20PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sh)ts me that those red and black rats have put pressure on this result...

Has now become a real measure of where we are at ... we simply must win this game.. no excuses.
let me get this straight, we are under more pressure because * won tonight?

I just never get this need to win, must win - are people suggesting the players run onto the ground with the coach's words ringing in their ears - "remember fellas, no desperate need to win this week"...........surely we try our best to win every week, trying harder and lifting a gear cause we need to says something pretty bad about our efforts in general..........

Taking a moment to reflect a bit more on the changes, it'll be interesting to see where Stocker and JSOS wind up in this line up. I think we might even see Jack in defence, with TDK taking over the third tall role up front, which puts Stocker into the midfield to tussle with Parker and Kennedy.

Alternatively, Jack could be the guy going into midfield, or Levi could be playing the spare in a more defensive look designed to promote counter-attacking play.

Guess we'll find out in 12 hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking a moment to reflect a bit more on the changes, it'll be interesting to see where Stocker and JSOS wind up in this line up. I think we might even see Jack in defence, with TDK taking over the third tall role up front, which puts Stocker into the midfield to tussle with Parker and Kennedy.

Alternatively, Jack could be the guy going into midfield, or Levi could be playing the spare in a more defensive look designed to promote counter-attacking play.

Guess we'll find out in 12 hours.

if Jack goes to midfield would it be to run with Kennedy? He’s gone to big bodied mids in that role before.

I haven’t watched enough of Sydney to know if Kennedy is playing well enough to warrant that kind of attention.

personally I’m hoping they simply make a late change and Levi comes back out again. We are ludicrously tall.

Last edited:
that would be supporters being under pressure then............

supporters who are terrified of the big bad nasty media bullies.

Seriously… we need to win or the media will have a field day?

we should win because Sydney are very beatable. We need to win because if we’re going to make the eight we need to beat some teams in the eight to make up the ground we are chasing. Big couple of weeks coming up.

Sydney will be a tough get. Never confident against them. Then again, I'm never confident when it comes to a Carlton win!
Exactly how I feel as well. Never confident of a win. Given how we struggled last week to put Hawthorn away, we're going to have to improve big time against Sydney

Sh)ts me that those red and black rats have put pressure on this result...

Has now become a real measure of where we are at ... we simply must win this game.. no excuses.

We are further along than the Bombers. I think they are where we were halfway through 2016. The kids will tire and the senior guys in form start to feel the season a bit more.

I don’t think they’ll experience the lows of our 2018 but it’s going to be a few years before Cox, Perkins, Jones etc. can be consistent A graders, if they even get there

We only need to focus on our own backyard anyhow. We have improved year on year since our low and I expect that to continue. It won’t always be linear and as much as I’d love to win today it won’t have any major bearing on our long term prospects. Noticeable changes in the game plan and structure will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back