Preview Rnd 11 - Carlton v Sydney Sunday May 30th 3.20PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely a forward line of Casbolt, JOS, McKay and TDK is a joke.

Major issues include:
- defensive pressure, can't apply any
- small ground so instead of Harry being one out he could be flying against 3 talls
- No team in the AFL would play 4 stalls, for obvious reasons, lacks run, lacks flexibility.

This selection defies all belief.

We are further along than the Bombers. I think they are where we were halfway through 2016. The kids will tire and the senior guys in form start to feel the season a bit more.

I don’t think they’ll experience the lows of our 2018 but it’s going to be a few years before Cox, Perkins, Jones etc. can be consistent A graders, if they even get there

We only need to focus on our own backyard anyhow. We have improved year on year since our low and I expect that to continue. It won’t always be linear and as much as I’d love to win today it won’t have any major bearing on our long term prospects. Noticeable changes in the game plan and structure will.

Time will tell, we have 4 very winnable games starting with the Swans this week.

I just never get this need to win, must win - are people suggesting the players run onto the ground with the coach's words ringing in their ears - "remember fellas, no desperate need to win this week"...........surely we try our best to win every week, trying harder and lifting a gear cause we need to says something pretty bad about our efforts in general..........
i reckon some of our players are more interested in the final siren so they can have a laugh with the opposition.

Time will tell, we have 4 very winnable games starting with the Swans this week.

I go into every game thinking we can win because I know what we have on our list. Whilst we have been poor at stages this year we don’t get blown out of games and we can pile on scores quickly. Just waiting for it to click.

Major issues include:
- small ground so instead of Harry being one out he could be flying against 3 talls
- No team in the AFL would play 4 stalls, for obvious reasons, lacks run, lacks flexibility.

Hawkins, Cameron, Esava, Rowan

Brown, Jackson, McDonald, Hannan

What a joke. Those choosing our team have lost whatever semblance of the plot they had. Casboult in and honey sub. * me dead.

Kind of makes me relieved we have no tall depth as if we did we'd be playing 6 talls up each end.

What a joke. Those choosing our team have lost whatever semblance of the plot they had. Casboult in and honey sub. fu** me dead.

Kind of makes me relieved we have no tall depth as if we did we'd be playing 6 talls up each end.
I didn’t think they announced the sub until 1 hour before the game.

I just never get this need to win, must win - are people suggesting the players run onto the ground with the coach's words ringing in their ears - "remember fellas, no desperate need to win this week"...........surely we try our best to win every week, trying harder and lifting a gear cause we need to says something pretty bad about our efforts in general..........

Players would be acutely aware of ladder positions, other results and diminishing opportunities to stake a claim to play finals. This would factor into individual mental preparation for games and there’s a fair bit of influence that the ‘above the shoulders’ component of the game has on results. Add internal, as well as external, pressures on players, and we get ‘must win games’.

I don’t doubt players intend to try their best to win each week, but pressure and expectations influence individual mindsets in different ways.

IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are further along than the Bombers. I think they are where we were halfway through 2016. The kids will tire and the senior guys in form start to feel the season a bit more.

I don’t think they’ll experience the lows of our 2018 but it’s going to be a few years before Cox, Perkins, Jones etc. can be consistent A graders, if they even get there

We only need to focus on our own backyard anyhow. We have improved year on year since our low and I expect that to continue. It won’t always be linear and as much as I’d love to win today it won’t have any major bearing on our long term prospects. Noticeable changes in the game plan and structure will.
Unless their young'ens are like our Walshy.

Well i got to Sydney yesterday, today it’s cloudy with some blue sky, but it did rain for about 5 minutes this morning, hopefully it stays fine, although it has been windy up here also. Heading to the ground soon to watch the 2nds.
hopefully a good day for the blueboys...... Go Blues!

Major issues include:

Agree.
It's rarely worked before for us if at all and the autopsy thread is always all about how we could all predict it before the ball was bounced.
Happy to win though! 🙄

Well i got to Sydney yesterday, today it’s cloudy with some blue sky, but it did rain for about 5 minutes this morning, hopefully it stays fine, although it has been windy up here also. Heading to the ground soon to watch the 2nds.
You sure about ressies game?? Read here it was called off?

Thanks for the report B66.
Have a GREAT DAY!
signed
Stiffy

I reckon the selection of Levi is a no- brainer. Can see Levi playing back and matching up on McLean. Jones gets first crack at Buddy with Weiters playing as our intercept defender. Makes sense, as we have options if buddy (who looked like the buddy of old last week) cuts loose, and the ability for two talks to double- team him.

A forward line with Big H, TDK, JSOS and Martin has enough marking power and versatility to kick us a score.

In honour of my live-game watching friend.
Clean straw :whitecheck:
Freshwater, hint of mint :whitecheck:
44 carrots (whooh!!) :whitecheck:
TV angled around to my stall :whitecheck:
Warm cosy blankies :whitecheck:
Ol' mate Shetland bringing apples :whitecheck:
GoBlues! :carlton:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back