Discussion Round 11 and 12, 2021 (Indigenous Round) - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 11

Friday, May 28

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, May 29
Collingwood v Geelong (MCG)
Brisbane Lions v Greater Western Sydney (G)
St Kilda v North Melbourne (MRVL) (T)
Gold Coast v Hawthorn (SCG) (N)
West Coast v Essendon (OS) (N)

Sunday, May 30
Richmond v Adelaide (GS)
Sydney v Carlton (SCG)
Port Adelaide v Fremantle (AO) (T)

ROUND 12

Friday, June 4

Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (GS) (N)

Saturday, June 5
Sydney v St Kilda (SCG)
Adelaide v Collingwood (AO) (T)
Essendon v Richmond (OS) (N)

Sunday, June 6
Carlton v West Coast (SCG)
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs (OS) (N)

Byes: Geelong, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide

Last edited:
It’s big ask but I think for next year teams need to produce home and clash variants of the Indigenous jumpers if the two round concept continues.

Honestly think it starts to become too much, what makes these jumpers so great is their uniqueness, two of each worn over multiple weeks they start to become diminishing in their impact to what they represent.

The way it was in 2018 was perfect, 1 round where every club used them, then each club used them a few more times depending on their personal choice.

I wonder if Heardy did exactly what I did which was see the phrase "Game Day in Sydney" and assume they were playing the Swans. I forgot about the venue switch.

Yep, that's exactly what I did.

I haven't been put down for my nap today, my bad 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Port v Freo is a minor clash, from behind the jumpers look quote similar.

I'm at the game and thought the same thing a couple of times when it is down the other end. Nothing major but it's got me a couple of times. Gonna sounds really stupid but ports Guernsey blends in a bit with the crowd too... Maybe I need my eyes checked.

I'm at the game and thought the same thing a couple of times when it is down the other end. Nothing major but it's got me a couple of times. Gonna sounds really stupid but ports Guernsey blends in a bit with the crowd too... Maybe I need my eyes checked.
Its the stupid white number panel. I get it's "tradition" but the jumper really would look better without and would solve a lot of problems.

Wonder if they’ll redesign the Dreamtime at the G logo for Essendon vs Richmond this week.

They didn't bother last year when it was at TIO Stadium.

I can't imagine it would be easy to turn around quickly, plus Under Armour seem to struggle with logos as it is!

They didn't bother last year when it was at TIO Stadium.

I can't imagine it would be easy to turn around quickly, plus Under Armour seem to struggle with logos as it is!
They did have a new logo heatpressed in iirc

Ironically yes, when no-one from Victoria could travel up for it.
The Dees actually played at the Gabba as a home ground for about 6 years in the early 2000s, but the vic kit didn't exist at the time. For some reason they still wore away shorts sometimes and we also wore the horrible yellow giant lion thing two or so times, and the whole arrangement still baffles me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dees actually played at the Gabba as a home ground for about 6 years in the early 2000s, but the vic kit didn't exist at the time. For some reason they still wore away shorts sometimes and we also wore the horrible yellow giant lion thing two or so times, and the whole arrangement still baffles me.
Off topic but I think at the time the AFL wanted every team to play 12 games in their home city so Melbourne played a home game at the Gabba and the Bulldogs played a home game at the SCG against Sydney until about 2007 (also the Kangaroos played a bunch at the SCG against teams other than Sydney in 1999-2000, not sure why they thought that was a good idea).

Can't see the games continuing without mini hubs (avoiding Victoria at the minimum). Great news for people who support Victorian teams in other states, but not those within. Would be nice to see some of these games in regional settings.

Nah definitely not. Using such a large corporations name for something like this feels wrong. Besides nobody calls Optus Stadium the O.
"Yeah man, I'll meet you outside the Big O"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back