Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I’m just bemused.

we were second to the ball as soon as the rain came down, it’s all mindset and it’s all on us.

it’s not his fault but if there isn’t heat on Ratts now...
We are a mentally weak football club. Its that simple.

A really good starting point would be to pick players who want to compete.

Can’t wait to hear that we reviewed the game really strongly , I will deadset spew.

Ratten out now. This club needs a change of coach, a change of administration and most of all a change of culture. This club is in serious trouble and most of its problems have been self-inflicted. Some of the players and a coach can start planning their suburban league careers tonight. Lonie to Bayswater and Ratten to South Belgrave.

Not sure I will ever get over the Hannerbury trade to be honest, knowing what I know. Worlds biggest stich up, Lethers and Finnis still walking around with jobs. Disgusting.

Leave it alone for * sake, your like a dog with a ******* bone. It hasn't cost anything at all bar a future second. It's no worse than any other trade that didn't end well.

How long did it take you to get over the Lovett one? Or are you still harbering ill hate about that too???? What about the Hamill trade? Yeah nah? * me. Just let it go

I rememeber I think during pre season that Ratts had given a lot of trust to the plaers to basiclly run their own running sessions with not a lot of input from the fitness guys or something like that. I remember being a little bit like ooh thats interesting. Well its turned out pure ass.
Yep I remember thinking the same thing. Good to see the geniuses at our club knew better than every other club who holds time trials.

We're playing teams with 22 blokes that would and do bleed for their clubs... we don't have 22 of those. So we start 3-4 men down.... and those same that aren't prepared to get stuck in aren't good enough users or don't get enough of it to justify their lack of heart and intensity... don't need a broom but there are a few that cant get f%$&!@ as far as I'm concerned...

I think I'd be happy with a compo pick for Billings right now. Cash-in this off-season.

You cannot be potting Clark who had his jaw knocked out a quarter in
[/QUOTE]

So Clarke's clear lack of workrate is irrelevant because he got a knock on the jaw?

If he wants to walk around as an AFL player with a pot belly and grandma arms that is his prerogative, but he certainly has zero hope of being an elite AFL player.

It's a shame, because he could be one. Clearly is not being pushed to get there.

Not sure I will ever get over the Hannerbury trade to be honest, knowing what I know. Worlds biggest stich up, Lethers and Finnis still walking around with jobs. Disgusting.
Not sure how seriously you can be taken if you can't even spell the blokes name right.

I mean seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's a few reasons why we lost:

1. Goal kicking. Every week. Didn't make enough of our dominance and it meant the margin was never that big. Then when they came back we went to water.
2. Passengers. I find it interesting that people will pot Lonie, at least he was involved in the game. Where the f were Battle and Butler?? Coffield forward was an absolute abomination of a move. We may as well have been playing three players down with those guys. Then add in Bytel who couldn't get near it. I wish we'd had Joyce as sub, at least he would have come in and impacted the game.
3. Panicky play. Once they came back we couldn't string handballs or kicks together, we just hacked the ball forward and eventually gave it away. Our ball movement was absolutely terrible.
4. Clark injury. We just seemed to fall apart at that moment. He was playing well so that didn't help but we stopped.

Unfortunately we just left too much to too few. Basically thought Steele and Crouch could win the game on their own. Steele was shot in the last quarter, gave away about three free kicks and made some really bad decisions too. Looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

The umpiring was hilarious, culminating in that holding free against Dougal for a freebie. One of the worst decisions I've ever seen. On top of that we should have had at least 10 more holding the ball frees. Having said that we can't blame the umps because we choked.

I think I'd be happy with a compo pick for Billings right now. Cash-in this off-season.

Hes been reasonable. Playing at a 200k standard. We've had blinkers on for years. Hoping that he'd play consistently at a standard befitting of a player over 500k or more. He just isn't. Additionally, he seems unable to get his own pill when it's hot and the games mean something...

A really good starting point would be to pick players who want to compete.

Can’t wait to hear that we reviewed the game really strongly , I will deadset spew.

Yep. Saw Newcombe play for hawks… 1st gamer would have put a few senior players to shame

I rememeber I think during pre season that Ratts had given a lot of trust to the plaers to basiclly run their own running sessions with not a lot of input from the fitness guys or something like that. I remember being a little bit like ooh thats interesting. Well its turned out pure ass.
Lazy approach, similar to how we play

How many of our experienced players would actually be getting a game if our injury list wasn’t so cooked?

I’m not talking about Hunter, Byrnes and the like.

I’m talking about -

- Coffield
- Battle
- Long
- Lonie
- Butler
- Billings

Guys who are coasting. Guys who clearly aren’t tough enough mentally. Guys with a defeatist mentality. Guys who go to water when the heat is on.

I’m so sick of our loser mentality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back