Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing Gresham, Marshall, Jones, Ross, Membrey, Hannebery, Paton, Geary and Carlisle, and then losing Clark (and replacing him with Bytel, who hasn’t played footy in 3 weeks, and who then had just 4 touches), it was pretty much the result I was expecting.

Yeah great, well done Nostradamus, but who is expecting that when it takes 45 minutes for Adelaide to put a score up?

Get f’ed mate
nah Snake is right. Even a small attempt at 'flying the flag' for Hunter Clark would have been welcome. I blame Carro Wilson for driving us to the point of no characters. I blame the board for listening to her that has got us to this point.

Yeah, tried the uplifting thing about injuries. Didn't work, even for me

We just shat the bed in the second half. Not going to say anything about the umpiring, because it just seems standard. Our defense was excellent, but even the best in the league couldn't hold up under that much pressure.
Mids need a rocket, forwards (apart from King, Higgins and Wood) need a good hard look at themselves. I'm sorry, but if you would rather check side a shot at goal instead of a drop punt from a slight angle, then you shouldn't be playing AFL footy.

Byrnes was excellent tonight, same as Crouch. Steele was up there but I felt Dougs was our best. How he doesn't blow his stack at the umpiring at times has me bewildered. I wouldve lost my mind over that tilthorpe one.
I'd be more concerned about how he doesn't blow his stack at our midfield.

We have a serial killer in the making.

How many of our experienced players would actually be getting a game if our injury list wasn’t so cooked?

I’m not talking about Hunter, Byrnes and the like.

I’m talking about -

- Coffield
- Battle
- Long
- Lonie
- Butler
- Billings

Guys who are coasting. Guys who clearly aren’t tough enough mentally. Guys with a defeatist mentality. Guys who go to water when the heat is on.

I’m so sick of our loser mentality.

1000% ... too many of them. Last 2 weeks they've shown their colours, like we didn't know already. Almost to a man on the crows and Swans list, they attacked the pill hard at every opportunity. We have too many that just don't want a bar of it... how deflating would it be for the likes of Crouch, Steele, Cal etc

No one has addressed the obvious. Our fitness is the reason why we are having a year like this one. We can't play past half time. Can we start by sacking our fitness coach?
Mick Malthouse said in an article a few weeks ago that he’d been watching us closely and that we were well short of AFL fitness. Said it was giving our youngest guys little chance to really develop properly.

Just fold us up or send us to Tassie, that was a gutless effort from a pathetic excuse of a footy club

Only our club could lose that game
That’s how a lot of us felt about the tigers in our darkest days.

success comes from the top down. Maybe it’s not just the players but the culture that needs addressing?

Lazy approach, similar to how we play
So lazy.

You know what else is so symptomatic with us not adapting and bing stuck in our ways.

Every single other team this year with new man on the mark rules have their players immediately move off the mark as fast as they can and as far as they can. Our players just stand there maybe take 3 steps back and then when they're under pressure try and take another 3 steps back.

It is utterly ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a serious clean out at years end and reset. We need something to change. We haven't got currency but moves need to be made.

Delist:
Lonie
Dunstan
Hunter
Mckernan
Kent

Trade:
Battle
Billings
Long

Retire:
Carlisle
Frawley
Geary
Hannebery
Roberton
Pretty happy with this tbh. Still have a soft spot for Battle, reckon the coaches have torched his confidence positioning wise.

As for Long I can't see him having much currency, I've seen more useful creatures lying on their backs at the bottom of ponds.

We need a serious clean out at years end and reset. We need something to change. We haven't got currency but moves need to be made.

Delist:
Lonie
Dunstan
Hunter
Mckernan
Kent

Trade:
Battle
Billings
Long

Retire:
Carlisle
Frawley
Geary
Hannebery
Roberton
Move on
Ratts
Lade
Hamill

No one has addressed the obvious. Our fitness is the reason why we are having a year like this one. We can't play past half time. Can we start by sacking our fitness coach?
Fitness? Who needs fitness? We're above such things such as time trials and beep tests. We trust the players to be fit.

What a joke.

Like not letting Max King learn from Lloyd.

In all seriousness does anyone have the club constitution to know what we need for a leadership change.
I assume like Collingwood. It is a lot harder given just about everyone has a vote at our club

Please tell me there's heat on Ratts now. Or that we're going to do a Carlton-style football department review. This season has been a disgrace on so many levels. I hate to think nothing will change going into 2022.

Our fitness and conditioning clearly isn't good enough, we're overloaded with injuries, we had 4 blowout losses in a 10 week period and have let how many games slip away due to poor kicking?! Also I think our recruitment and player development needs to be questioned.

If you don't want to put Ratts in the firing line, that's fine. But the club needs a top to bottom clean out. There is so much more wrong here than just "we have injuries", "we're not giving 100% effort" or "the players aren't kicking it to Brad Hill".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back