Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I knew as soon as lonie ran around for the open goal and absolutely butchered it they would win this one..score was 36-0 at the time too

A good team/player would have taken the advantage that had presented in that passage of play and increased the lead by another 6 points, but nope, Lonie was selfish/blinkered and didn't have the skills to back it up. His goal attempt in the third term was downright awful and completely illogical. I'm not one to stick the boots into individuals generally, but I dont want to see him wearing the red, white and black again. Play a kid, dont care, just anybody else FFS..

For the love of god never play Lonie again. There's absolutely no point in playing Hunter either - would rather Clavarino as a backup ruck.

And what the fu** are we doing playing Battle on a wing all day when Marshall and Membrey are out? He's a forward or a defender. We got one kick from a permanent wingman. Why not move Coffield onto the wing and Battle forward?

☝️All of this ✔

He even made it through covid cut backs. Protected species. Must be good at something. Surely?

The bloke I know wasn't spares. I know Lethers wanted him and Ratts didn't. Honestly, Sexy seats on the pine with a fukn stop watch. Has me stumped mate... not like us to overpay someone that contributes virtually nada...

SP0r1Ab.gif
Here's to another lousy millennium

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder looked absolutely gassed aswell. It was actually a good move playing the two rucks but unfortunately Hunter isn't AFL standard.

Missing Gresham, Marshall, Jones, Ross, Membrey, Hannebery, Paton, Geary and Carlisle, and then losing Clark (and replacing him with Bytel, who hasn’t played footy in 3 weeks, and who then had just 4 touches), it was pretty much the result I was expecting.

Me too.
But then you get 36 points up and just stop playing.

You just need to be mindful that the saints had recruited for the now. Hindsight is a brilliant thing and now they have the oldest lost in the AFL with no end in sight of the suffering that will now be experienced. Paying guys huge money that aren’t performing, this is as bad as it gets. I would rate the saints the worst list in the AFL and history proves this. 1 premiership, seriously 1!!!! The club is a rabble and the laughing stock of the AFL. IRRELEVANT comes to mind. I just hope we play you guys at least 2 times next year. Loving this thread and some of the melts that are occurring. Great reading

Imagine getting a good win against an injury ravaged side and coming here to post this. Embarassing.

Not even feeling disappointed tbh..what do you expect..our system, structure, game plan and coach inc his assistants are an absolute joke. If we get a first Rd pick for Billings just take and run..hell then also no chance we nail that pick with our top class recruiters..
Last time we drafted a genuine midfielder from the draft was 2007, Jack Steven

Almost have to laugh, classic St Kilda game with blown opportunities and some terrible umpiring costing us another win.

Once again we left too much to too few, some great contributors like Steele, Crouch, Sinclair, Dunstan, Highmore, Howard and Wilkie but we had too many passengers again.

Our forward line was a shambles again and it's been a shambles all year, no system and we rely on random luck to kick goals, it's our biggest problem.

I thought our defence was good today and our midfield was solid, we got enough entries inside 50 but couldn't convert it into goals or even points.

In reality we were never going to be contenders this year, we're a work in progress and we have a lot of work to do to be contenders in 2022.

Even when the Cats were winning on Thursday, Tuohy's preference was long and straight.

1) Touhy is a better kick.
2) Cat's are braver.

I see a good FB kick in Howard but he is an uber defensive player and an uber defensive kick out. It needs to be Hill, we need reasons to involve him, get him kicking out

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
In the last hilly went up to take a kick out and Doug's refused to let him have it, for a leader he really needed to be smarter. Also got out shone by thilthorpe when it mattered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back