Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

What an embarrassing 2nd half that was. What do you even say about it? It was so bad and embarrassing, I'm almost laughing.

- Butler invisible again. His only saving grace is how bad Lonie was with his decision making and overall skills. Better to have no impact than a negative one I guess.

- Battle is not the footballer we think he is. Stop blaming the position he is playing in. He has played on the wing long enough to actually win the ball and impact games. He isnt doing either and the excuses for him need to stop.

- It's easy to see why Bytel was dropped. Just cant win the ball. A month in the VFL getting his hands on the ball would do him wonders.

- Highmore was great for the first half but some horrific skill errors.

- Long and Lonie were both terrible. Not much more needs to be said about them.

- King had a very good first half, no impact in the second. Like the rest of the team.

- Why was Coffield forward? Why did it take so long to change something that was clearly not working?

- Steele will get a lot of praise but for our captain, did nothing in the last quarter while Sloane dominated. Whatever caused him and Ryder to be stuck on the bench for so long was a massive stuff up. We couldn't get our hands on the ball at all and our 2 more important players weren't out there.

- Ryder is clearly playing under duress which is why Hunter had to play. Just unfortunate in so many ways.

- Howard and Wilkie were good for 3 quarters but couldn't handle the heat in the last with how quickly the ball kept coming in. Some terrible, panicked decisions from them giving away costly free kicks. Hard to put all the blame on them but still costly.

- I think Membrey rivals Marshall as our most important player.

Overall, we have no structure up forward and week after week kept getting caught out on transitions with a poor defensive set up. I cant decide how much of it is personal - or lack of personal - and how much if it is coaching/game plan related.

Please tell me there's heat on Ratts now. Or that we're going to do a Carlton-style football department review. This season has been a disgrace on so many levels. I hate to think nothing will change going into 2022.

Our fitness and conditioning clearly isn't good enough, we're overloaded with injuries, we had 4 blowout losses in a 10 week period and have let how many games slip away due to poor kicking?! Also I think our recruitment and player development needs to be questioned.

If you don't want to put Ratts in the firing line, that's fine. But the club needs a top to bottom clean out. There is so much more wrong here than just "we have injuries", "we're not giving 100% effort" or "the players aren't kicking it to Brad Hill".
Ratts has the boys on his chips & gravy diet & training sessions are self managed. The future is looking bright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s get Ross back.
(I mean Lyon not Seb)
He’d make men out of the boys.
Can we swap our Ross for old Ross. I’d do that trade.
That’s how a lot of us felt about the tigers in our darkest days.

success comes from the top down. Maybe it’s not just the players but the culture that needs addressing?
Culture is and shears has been toxic.
I'm going. What a night this has been. Just report posts I will sort it out tomorrow.
Mate you do a terrific job - you’ve been a great personal help to me this week so get some rest and take it easy.
* the Saints!!!!

At least you will get better draft picks
First round maybe but nothing after that. And we’ll find a way to * it up. Just like we always do.
Me too.
But then you get 36 points up and just stop playing.
Bingo. I expected to lose and I tipped Gold Coast (or whoever we *en played it hardly matters) but losing in that manner was what enraged me so much.

Collectively as a side they all watched Adelaide claw their way back into the game for 2.5 quarters and did absolutely nothing to try change the inevitable.

There's plenty of players in that team that shouldn't be seen at this level again but the coaching was seriously pathetic. We played to save the game after 45 minutes of play. Woeful

Runs past the ball leaves the ground and breaks Clark's jaw.
Why are you defending this so much? Weird
Because people like you quote me so I continue to it my point across. Feel free to leave it be.

The picture clearly showed his foot was on the ground at the point of impact. The fact he goes into the air once they hit each other is irrelevant.

And he didn't run past the ball at all.

The ball was in dispute.

Missing Gresham, Marshall, Jones, Ross, Membrey, Hannebery, Paton, Geary and Carlisle, and then losing Clark (and replacing him with Bytel, who hasn’t played footy in 3 weeks, and who then had just 4 touches), it was pretty much the result I was expecting.
Against Adelaide after being 6 goals up?

Someone's full of s**t, and it ain't me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back