Prediction Changes and Pre Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs R15 @Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles 15:1 for GF win! Noice odds now before another game? Anyone confident?

Watched that vision of Oscar+Brayshaw talking Ledwards up, big raps!
Hamish is very articulate and mature, no wonder he's captain, definitely leadership material.
So is his future stuck in the Wafl? Doesn't translate too well to AFL?
Recall seeing him play once, nothing to flash?
But Ledwards...hey,hey, hey!

Last edited:
Potential milestone game for Gov if he plays. He's had 99 hitouts in his career.

Of note, Darling and Gaff debuted in the same game; vs. North Rd1 2011.
11 years later Gaff has played 228 games and Darling 227. In those games Gaff has had exactly twice as many kicks as Darling! 3600 to 1800.

This mean Jack kicks a goal with every 4th kick he takes.

Gaffy, the malingerer, needs 50 kicks for every sausage he sups on.

This mean Jack kicks a goal with every 4th kick he takes.

Gaffy, the malingerer, needs 50 kicks for every sausage he sups on.
We need to rotate their roles now, with the outlook of having them on even statistics at retirement.

Darling to the wing and to push back for handball receives. Gaff charging out of the goal square taking contested grabs and taking f50 ruck contests clean out of the air after outmuscling his opponent for a quick snapped goal.

We need to rotate their roles now, with the outlook of having them on even statistics at retirement.

Darling to the wing and to push back for handball receives. Gaff charging out of the goal square taking contested grabs and taking f50 ruck contests clean out of the air after outmuscling his opponent for a quick snapped goal.
Patty Cripps doesn't like this.

A pretty blatant hint in Bevo's presser tonight that the dogs might have to quarantine here in Perth for a week before playing us on Sunday, that could be another advantage to us. Apparently the AFL wont let them fly to Sydney to spend the week there before flying here due to their own Covid issues. We need to win this game to keep our flag chances alive.

A pretty blatant hint in Bevo's presser tonight that the dogs might have to quarantine here in Perth for a week before playing us on Sunday, that could be another advantage to us. Apparently the AFL wont let them fly to Sydney to spend the week there before flying here due to their own Covid issues. We need to win this game to keep our flag chances alive.
Why don’t they fly to Qld? Or have they shut the border to Vics?

Why don’t they fly to Qld? Or have they shut the border to Vics?
Not sure. I was hoping it'd be similar to what they have been doing with Vic teams flying into Adelaide, where the team would fly in the day of the game and then fly out that night. Seems ridiculous to spend a week in quarantine. Hopefully for their sake they can travel to Brisbane to spend the week.

Dare I say it.......season on the line?

But seriously, if we are any chance of Top 4 this year we simply have to win this one. Everything has lined up in our favour: getting nearly a full list back on the park, coming off a bye, Dogs have just come off a slog and will likely have to sit in their hotel for a week before even getting to pull their boots on.

If we dont win then this week will go down as one of the greatest wins in the Bulldog's club history.

I think someone here mentioned already but I doubt this game is any realistic chance of being moved interstate as we did agree to move our bye forward to suit Richmond, the AFL would bend over backwards for us this week as a result. As I pointed out in jest on the dogs board earlier (thankfully the post was deleted by the mods without me getting a ban) that the dogs could be asked to spend the week in Casuarina prison and the AFL would sign off on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dare I say it.......season on the line?

But seriously, if we are any chance of Top 4 this year we simply have to win this one. Everything has lined up in our favour: getting nearly a full list back on the park, coming off a bye, Dogs have just come off a slog and will likely have to sit in their hotel for a week before even getting to pull their boots on.

If we dont win then this week will go down as one of the greatest wins in the Bulldog's club history.
Sometimes we come back a bit rusty from the bye.

A few posters on the Doges board calling for them to send a B team over in protest against the quarantine :drunk:

Sounds like they’ll get Stefan Martin back. English was decent in the middle last night but they were noticeably getting little bang for buck for all their clearances. I think the stats showed Geelong were comfortably ahead in post-clearance contested possession - shows the importance of not being drawn to the ball too much given how good the Dogs are at getting first hands to the ball and spreading/throwing it from there

Naughton cleared of any serious damage too so I guess he’ll probably play

Stepping back we need to acknowledge langdon had a good game.

And dropping him would be unlucky.

Langdons offers gut running, tackles, heart, and trying hard all game. Jones and petch don't quite match him in that respect. I do respect langdon hard work.

If langdon gets 15 possession a game and lots of tackles he can't be dropped. You can build a team around hard working players.

In saying that I'm going to change my selection

Sheppard in for Foley
Kelly in for Jones (no longer langdon)
Shuey in for Nelson/Cole/Rotham

Last edited:

Wouldn't even be the best Dogs win over us in Perth in the past 5 years.

Langdons offers gut running, tackles, heart, and trying hard all game. Jones and petch don't quite match him in that respect. I do respect langdon hard work.

If langdon gets 15 possession a game and lots of tackles he can't be dropped. You can build a team around hard working players.

Sheppard in for Foley
15 touches and lots of tackles?

He averages 1.9 tackles per game. Half as many as Jones.

Also only averages 90 metres gained per game to go with those 1.9 tackles, so whilst he might be running heaps and trying his hardest, it isn’t making much of an impact.

I guess it’s Masten’s old role but without the reliable accurate kick

Sheppard in for Foley
Says Langdon is stiff and the. Procceeds to drop a kid who was close to bog in the first half and had one hell of a game. Foleys game was better than what Langdon has produced for us

15 touches and lots of tackles?

He averages 1.9 tackles per game. Half as many as Jones.

Also only averages 90 metres gained per game to go with those 1.9 tackles, so whilst he might be running heaps and trying his hardest, it isn’t making much of an impact.

I guess it’s Masten’s old role but without the reliable accurate kick

Masto got a bit of the footy too

Toward the end not so much. Langdon’s alright but his tackling can’t be the reason he is retained over Jones

Masto was a pretty genuine accumulator when played as a true winger. Even on the HFF. That defensive winger role is absolute trash. Hard to judge anyone on disposals when their primary role is to be on the opposite side of the ground to the action.

A few posters on the Doges board calling for them to send a B team over in protest against the quarantine :drunk:

Sounds like they’ll get Stefan Martin back. English was decent in the middle last night but they were noticeably getting little bang for buck for all their clearances. I think the stats showed Geelong were comfortably ahead in post-clearance contested possession - shows the importance of not being drawn to the ball too much given how good the Dogs are at getting first hands to the ball and spreading/throwing it from there

Naughton cleared of any serious damage too so I guess he’ll probably play
It's not so much a protest against quarantine, was more that due to recent lockdowm in metro Melb, players decided to train through bye weekend and was going to take four days off after Cats game with 9 day break I to game against you guys.
If we have to fly tomorrow, they won't get their four-day break at all. So sending some B players would be essentially to give our main group the break and mental freshen up in lieu of the bye break as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back