VFL 2021 VFL R11 v Frankston (Sat 26-Jun 12.05pm @ Olympic Park) - [kayo freebies]

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL - R11 | COLLINGWOOD vs Frankston

DATE:
Saturday 26th June, 2021
FIRST BOUNCE: 12.05pm
WHERE: Olympic Park

DOUBLE ONE & A HALF HEADER:
AFL R15 Collingwood v Fremantle 1.45pm Marvel

Also VFLW R14 - Collingwood v Geelong 12.00pm Victoria Park

APPROX. TIME BETWEEN AFL/VFL MATCHES:
Minus 1.5 hours (the second half of the VFL)

Thanks to the WA government and their border rules and the AFL for rescheduling our AFL game, but not our VFL game we now get a one and a half double header. What bloody stupid fixturing that is!

TV, LIVE STREAM or RADIO:

Kayo-Freebies_logo.png

SCORES:
twitter (CollingwoodVFL, #GoPies or #vflmagpies)
VFL app (iphone, android)

TEAMS:

1624588203160.png
Four emergencies to be omitted from the above list.

Quite a few changes given we haven't played in 5 weeks! Going back to the Sydney game in R5.

In: Keane, Wilson, Lynch, C. Brown, Ruscoe, Henry, Sier, Tohill, Wallace, Hart
Out: Bianco, Madgen, Cox (all AFL), Selwood (AFL assistant coach), Moyle (Gold Coast), Dib (Oakleigh)

CLUB INFO:

The AFL will continue to work with the Victorian State Government and Health Officials on the return of crowds at matches this weekend.

OTHER INFO:
Restrictions eased; fans allowed!

Last edited:

Great to have the VFL back. Shame there's a scheduling clash between the VFL (12:05 Sat Olympic Park) and the VFLW (12:00 Sat Vic Park).

Great to have the VFL back. Shame there's a scheduling clash between the VFL (12:05 Sat Olympic Park) and the VFLW (12:00 Sat Vic Park).
Yep, being a complete clash it’s one or the other. While I get the desire to have the women’s program separate it would have been great having a VFL / VFLW double header leading into the late arvo AFL match.

Kayo freebie,so I’ll be iable to watch.Most interested to see how Magic Johnson goes.If he plays well,I would rush him straight into the seniors the following week.It’s not as if he’s a skinny 18 year old kid who’s not ready for AFL football.He’s been playing with the men in the SANFL,so he should be AFL ready.

If this happens hopefully the VFL time slot is shifted too. Between Sydney, byes and covid it’s been 6 weeks since I’ve attended the VFL.

Further changes to the round 15 fixture are possible, with well-placed sources confirming the Collingwood-Fremantle match at Marvel Stadium is a possibility to move to a Saturday afternoon timeslot - instead of Saturday twilight - as part of the reshuffle.

If this happens hopefully the VFL time slot is shifted too. Between Sydney, byes and covid it’s been 6 weeks since I’ve attended the VFL.

Highly Doubt It.

Probably watch the Replay after the AFL Game

Highly Doubt It.

Probably watch the Replay after the AFL Game
We have a few staff involved in both programs, so hopefully that helps get it shifted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they can't have both games played at the same time, media wise and player wise. They'd have to leave all emergencies out of the game.
Just postpone it til after the senior game.

They can Easily do that but Just means be lot less Staff at each Game.

The Club would have 1 Carry Over Player or all the Emergencies don't play in VFL

1,000 capacity for outdoor venues and recreational sport announced today.

Now for there to remain no AFL clash, so we can get to the footy!

1,000 capacity for outdoor venues and recreational sport announced today.

Now for there to remain no AFL clash, so we can get to the footy!
Here's what an effective vaccination program and a different virus mindset can do for crowds - Foo fighters live in NY 2 days ago. While here ... :rolleyes::mad:

1624415658853.png

Here's what an effective vaccination program and a different virus mindset can do for crowds - Foo fighters live in NY 2 days ago. While here ... :rolleyes::mad:

View attachment 1161641
And/or an effective dedicated quarantine facility. We almost had a normal normal (bugger covid normal) until the latest escape from hotels.

View attachment 1161641

And/or an effective dedicated quarantine facility. We almost had a normal normal (bugger covid normal) until the latest escape from hotels.

This state could hit 70-80% vaccination rate by next winter and the state govt will still revert to lockdowns, crowd restrictions etc

This state could hit 70-80% vaccination rate by next winter and the state govt will still revert to lockdowns, crowd restrictions etc
And we still won't be allowed out of the country. Americans and Europeans are already frolicking around the world, while we are stuck in the dark ages back here with a government that either can't supply enough vaccine or discourages people from taking what is available. It is obscene.

And we still won't be allowed out of the country. Americans and Europeans are already frolicking around the world, while we are stuck in the dark ages back here with a government that either can't supply enough vaccine or discourages people from taking what is available. It is obscene.
Ummm…I flew out of Melbourne 5 weeks ago…on a near empty Singapore Airlines flight.
The service was fantastic.
Yes, I am frolicking…but alas all pubs/bars are closed, face masks compulsory, including outdoors :mask:

Ummm…I flew out of Melbourne 5 weeks ago…on a near empty Singapore Airlines flight.
The service was fantastic.
Yes, I am frolicking…but alas all pubs/bars are closed, face masks compulsory, including outdoors :mask:
Perhaps there is a logical explanation why you were exempted and able to fly out e.g. you work/live in Singapore. It is your location in your profile. My fairly thorough research suggests it is becoming nigh impossible even for people on dual passports and with relatives overseas, and some of these people are choosing to permanently leave. You do say the flight was near empty and there are very few international flights into and out of this country, so you kind of contradict your own argument. People with jobs overseas are eligible for exemptions.
The mindset is you must be vaccinated to attend. Do you support vaccine passports?
I certainly do support vaccine passports and have had my first shot. Imagine a concert here where only those fully vaccinated can attend, with only a few percent of the population eligible to attend.

Perhaps there is a logical explanation why you were exempted and able to fly out e.g. you work/live in Singapore. It is your location in your profile. My fairly thorough research suggests it is becoming nigh impossible even for people on dual passports and with relatives overseas, and some of these people are choosing to permanently leave. You do say the flight was near empty and there are very few international flights into and out of this country, so you kind of contradict your own argument. People with jobs overseas are eligible for exemptions.
I certainly do support vaccine passports and have had my first shot. Imagine a concert here where only those fully vaccinated can attend, with only a few percent of the population eligible to attend.
Only condition was that I was departing for more the 3 months & I was approved.
Yes, I am working outside Australia again…although I was traveling on a tourist visa (Apply for work visa upon arrival).
The reduced numbers onboard were actually an Airline restriction, adhering to their own 2m distance rule.
I can guarantee you, Australia is the lucky country.
Restaurants/Bars/Clubs have been closed all year, will not open until 2022 maybe.
I’m here by my own choice for $$, but I yearn for the freedom to hit the pub, have a nice steak or head to the footy on the weekend.
Australians should be grateful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back