VFL 2021 VFL R11 v Frankston (Sat 26-Jun 12.05pm @ Olympic Park) - [kayo freebies]

Remove this Banner Ad

Only condition was that I was departing for more the 3 months & I was approved.
Yes, I am working outside Australia again…although I was traveling on a tourist visa (Apply for work visa upon arrival).
The reduced numbers onboard were actually an Airline restriction, adhering to their own 2m distance rule.
I can guarantee you, Australia is the lucky country.
Restaurants/Bars/Clubs have been closed all year, will not open until 2022 maybe.
I’m here by my own choice for $$, but I yearn for the freedom to hit the pub, have a nice steak or head to the footy on the weekend.
Australians should be grateful.
So your approval did not involve any mention of a work offer with documentation and was purely on the basis of staying out of the country longer than 3 months? My American friend's brother had 4 applications rejected to leave the country for longer than 3 months to care for his brother with MND. Got approval the 5th time. If your exemption was solely on the basis of leaving longer than 3 months, which will be my stated reason, you give me hope.

So your approval did not involve any mention of a work offer with documentation and was purely on the basis of staying out of the country longer than 3 months? My American friend's brother had 4 applications rejected to leave the country for longer than 3 months to care for his brother with MND. Got approval the 5th time. If your exemption was solely on the basis of leaving longer than 3 months, which will be my stated reason, you give me hope.
I did have an attached letter from the Australian HR Manager confirming that I would be working through the South East Asian branch office.
Although visa approval or approval to enter other countries was not part of the application.
My approval letter from Dept Home Affairs simply stated - approved as I was traveling overseas for more than 3 months.
I think they have tightened up since the delta variant coming into Australia from visitors returning from India.
My original application was in January…didn’t get a visa until May.
Good luck.

I did have an attached letter from the Australian HR Manager confirming that I would be working through the South East Asian branch office.
Although visa approval or approval to enter other countries was not part of the application.
My approval letter from Dept Home Affairs simply stated - approved as I was traveling overseas for more than 3 months.
I think they have tightened up since the delta variant coming into Australia from visitors returning from India.
My original application was in January…didn’t get a visa until May.
Good luck.
Exactly my information - that exemptions have been significantly tightened since the delta variant entered Australia, and premiers complained about Indians being allowed to go home for weddings and funerals then returning with the virus. My American friend had his application approved in 3 hours last year for the same reason for which his brother got 4 refusals.

The AFL couldn't find their own fundamental with a road map, compass and written instructions.

I understand the angst, but the AFL are navigating yet another season with Covid outbreaks in different cities at different times. Everything is 'floating'.

In the circumstances I reckon they're doing quite okay.

I understand the angst, but the AFL are navigating yet another season with Covid outbreaks in different cities at different times. Everything is 'floating'.

Not a matter of angst - they have a track record extending much further back than the last few seasons.

The couldn't pick the winner of a chook raffle if they bought every bloody ticket.

Not a matter of angst - they have a track record extending much further back than the last few seasons.

The couldn't pick the winner of a chook raffle if they bought every bloody ticket.

Thought it was the Round 11 VFL thread. Apologies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got a like for dragging up an old JL clip, classy.

An unfailing favourite of mine on weekend arvos long ago.

We all pictured ourselves as Dean Martin, but Jerry Lewis was always our ceiling.

Better than OK. They're doing brilliantly, again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back