VFL VFL Round 15 v Frankston. Sunday July 2nd. 12pm @ Kinetic Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Bianca and Ruscoe - did what they needed to do. Ready when seniors call.
Macrae, just needs to be patient and his time will come.
Loved Allan in the middle. Some fantastic touches.
Draper needs more urgency but it’s so frustrating not seeing him in the middle enough. Really liked when he surged off HBF through the middle. He’s a centre for mine.
Reef playing and acting like a real 1s footballer.
Ginni - played his role but would like him to also get a go in the middle to get him more involved.
Murley - thought he did ok but what’s his position in the 1s? Too many ahead of him incl Richards
Begg and Steene solid.
I love Kreug’s attack on the ball - it really makes chances for others. Just can’t take a trick.
Carmy…is this his level? Tries hard.
Ryan - not really his sort of day but he kept working

Rusling would have been a star.
Even bigger than Lee Walker who also had talent.
Lee Walker had sublime talent for a CHF at 197 back when KPF were a lot shorter.
Walker but for 4 knee recos could have been a generational player, alas he played only 16.
Rusling played a similar amount of games and had talent but my memory is that Walker had him covered for talent.
Which I don’t make lightly as, Rusling was highly talented.
16 and 17 games from them we only saw a glimpse of what might have been…

What a ******* disgrace that was on Ginni, absolutely pathetic. Consequence of the AFL’s shithouse treatment of him, enabling flogs at this lower level having a crack at him without any repercussions

Typical Frankston and other Crap VFL Stand Alone Teams after they getting Flogged they try and Hurt/Injury AFL Listed Players and love a Fight

The commentators just made a point of Ginni's great defensive work.

I heard that during the commentary, but at the end of the day, with the number of inside F50's we had, Ginni only managed 0.1 for the day, with 12 disposals and 3 tackles. He seems a long way off returning to senior footy anytime soon.

I heard that during the commentary, but at the end of the day, with the number of inside F50's we had, Ginni only managed 0.1 for the day, with 12 disposals and 3 tackles. He seems a long way off returning to senior footy anytime soon.
I didn't think he'd return to AFL within the next couple of weeks. But he's working on what Fly has asked of him.

Draper needs more urgency but it’s so frustrating not seeing him in the middle enough. Really liked when he surged off HBF through the middle. He’s a centre for mine.
Ginni - played his role but would like him to also get a go in the middle to get him more involved.
Murley - thought he did ok but what’s his position in the 1s? Too many ahead of him incl Richards
Begg and Steene solid.
I love Kreug’s attack on the ball - it really makes chances for others. Just can’t take a trick.
I think we all need to reserve judgement on Draper until he has a proper preseason. Much like HH, he seems to have AFL traits, but doesn’t have the fitness to put it together yet in a meaningful way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Fly would've also told him to keep kicking goals though, especially at VFL level where it should be easy for him.
If he's in a position to kick goals, sure. But if he's been specifically asked to work on other areas of his game & provide opportunities for others, then do that. We know he can kick goals.

Really good to see Steene and Begg continue to develop nicely.
Reef we know has the tools to be a player and in time he will be a senior regular.

Macrae is the one we really need to kick on..I hold fears for what role he can play in our team due to his lack of pace but here’s hoping.

If he's in a position to kick goals, sure. But if he's been specifically asked to work on other areas of his game & provide opportunities for others, then do that. We know he can kick goals.
A lot of the kicking into the forward line seemed to be long toward the big men. Nowhere near where Ginni was situated, which he was either kicking into F50, or he was higher up the ground.
Sure, would be nice to see him kicking a few goals, but think the main point would be increasing his pressure, which he certainly did.

A lot of the kicking into the forward line seemed to be long toward the big men. Nowhere near where Ginni was situated, which he was either kicking into F50, or he was higher up the ground.
Sure, would be nice to see him kicking a few goals, but think the main point would be increasing his pressure, which he certainly did.
Exactly. If all they wanted from Ginni was to kick goals, they'd have him permanently in the forward pocket. We all know he can kick goals. But he needs more than that to break into the AFL side.

Last edited:
Begg and Steene solid.
I'm surprised Murley isn't used as a defensive rebounder. Pace and kicking skills.

Couple of excellent crumbing goals, one from the boundary, 3 on the lead i believe. One was a gift. Majority were well earned. He could have had 8 if not for passing the ball
Elliott style? Thats his go much more than kpf. Having a couple of proper talls in the team should help him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back