VFL VFL v Essendon - Sunday April 23rd @ Vic Park. 12pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

A dominant final quarter has helped Collingwood secure a come-from-behind eight-point win against Essendon on Sunday.

The Magpies trailed by 11 points at the final break – and by as much as 27 points late in the third term – but romped home to record the win.
A number of the Pies' senior-listed players were impressive in the victory, including Josh Carmichael who finished with three goals, 29 disposals, six clearances and four marks.

Ed Allan collected 18 disposals to go with his seven tackles and five marks, young forward Reef McInnes booted three goals while ruckman Oscar Steene had 14 hitouts and five tackles.

Tom Wilson (30 disposals, five tackles), Trent Bianco (16 and five) and Cooper Murley (two goals, six tackles) were also strong.

Think AFL writers got confused with the Tom Wilsons
Which Tom Wilson got the 30?

The other Wilson was somewhat insipid.
Goal kicking aside I thought he was quite decent. Made a lot of contests and did some nice things in field play. Just didn’t get the reward on the scoreboard.

Goal kicking aside I thought he was quite decent. Made a lot of contests and did some nice things in field play. Just didn’t get the reward on the scoreboard.
I guess I was judging him as a potential AFL player given he is 25 and surely on his last chance to break into the big time. I wouldn't say I closely scrutinised his game, but I can't recall one moment where he stood out from the pack, unlike Carmichael or Murley whose efforts were eye catching. Wilson will surely be delisted at the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess I was judging him as a potential AFL player given he is 25 and surely on his last chance to break into the big time. I wouldn't say I closely scrutinised his game, but I can't recall one moment where he stood out from the pack, unlike Carmichael or Murley whose efforts were eye catching. Wilson will surely be delisted at the end of the year.
That’s fair enough. Describing him as insipid though in that case was pretty OTT.

Yep some terrible decision including the two 50's in first half.

I watched an under 18.5 team yesterday, two umpires only that did a great job and not because of the team I was supporting as they got thrashed.
One of the first frees of the game, essendon ruck trips over himself, falls to ground…. Free kick in the goal square. Awful

Heading over in a couple of days. Looking to retire somewhere around there too at some point. I want the weather, the cheaper lifestyle, the relaxed atmosphere.
A heads up. Go somewhere away from the touristy areas. Cheaper lifestyle and more chilled mate.
The Thai people are beautiful.
Any questions DM me.
I have good contacts regarding Visas etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back