VFL VFL Round 18 Collingwood v Sandringham @ AIA Centre. Sunday July 23rd. 12pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mcinnes was knee on knee but thigh strapped and day over

Would husthewaite make an afl list ? I know his brother at hawthorn...looks a good size and skill set to me

For someone unable to access the broadcast, can anyone fill me in on who has done well and who has not please? Particularly interested in Johnson and Kreuger. I gather Ginnivan has been OK.
Ginni, Harrison and Frampton all very good. Hands up for selection if there's a vacancy. Krugeur and Johnson both OK - not knocking the door down, but might not have to - Coxy looked like a liability up forward against Port.

WOW Kelly if there was an option to Delist someone mid season, I reckon they'd show him the door after this game, he is sub VFL standard
Still baffling all these years later that we overlooked his brother as a rookie but coughed up for a second round bid on him…

Ginni on as sub and Lippa out. I'd like to see that
You could make a very strong case for it I think, but I don't think it'll happen, not this week.

I reckon Kreuger for Cox is a potential smoky though this week. He's improved his ruckwork a lot these days and offers hell of a lot more pressure/defensive accountability.

You could make a very strong case for it I think, but I don't think it'll happen, not this week.

I reckon Kreuger for Cox is a potential smoky though this week. He's improved his ruckwork a lot these days and offers hell of a lot more pressure/defensive accountability.
Kreugs is very agile for a tall. Just needs some continuity and confident he can be a good player for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kreugs is very agile for a tall. Just needs some continuity and confident he can be a good player for us
He was also much more sensible in protecting his body in the air today - whilst not losing his aggressive attack on the ball style. Getting in front of the packs, not crashing in from behind etc.

frampton handled the ball well. Ginnivan was engaged which is a lot better than a few weeks ago. He wasnt "elite" with his possessions. Finn really tried to do all the right things such as tackling and smothering.

Would anyone consider Framption might threaten Howe's spot?

Not a hope in hell, he was hot garbage with his defensive work (or lack thereof) in his last start at AFL level.

Nary a second effort and certainly wasn't interested in any applying any sort of pressure or absorbing any degree of body contact, whether it be tackling or a marking contest (it seemed like he spent more time bitching to the umps after perfectly reasonable spoils than he did going after the ball after he was spoiled). The marking contest where he picked up a corkie was another super-soft effort from him and it was 1v1 against a smaller player to boot iirc.

I'm hoping he gets that crap out of his system before getting another game at AFL level because we might need him at some point, but not if he's playing like a one-effort whiny little pussy who wont put his body on the line or do the defensive stuff when it is called for.

Not a hope in hell, he was hot garbage with his defensive work (or lack thereof) in his last start at AFL level.

Nary a second effort and certainly wasn't interested in any applying any sort of pressure or absorbing any degree of body contact, whether it be tackling or a marking contest (it seemed like he spent more time bitching to the umps after perfectly reasonable spoils than he did going after the ball after he was spoiled). The marking contest where he picked up a corkie was another super-soft effort from him and it was 1v1 against a smaller player to boot iirc.

I'm hoping he gets that crap out of his system before getting another game at AFL level because we might need him at some point, but not if he's playing like a one-effort whiny little pussy who wont put his body on the line or do the defensive stuff when it is called for.
Agree somewhat but Frampton is no whiny little pussy. Uncalled for.

Agree somewhat but Frampton is no whiny little pussy. Uncalled for.

It was on full show in his last AFL game. Go back and look at the vision and I'm sure you'll find several occasions where he gave up on following the ball after a marking contest in favour of looking at the umps and throwing his hands in the air.

Also showed zero intent to apply any pressure, indeed he basically stood still after his first effort on a number of occasions even though the ball was still bobbling around in his vicinity maybe 10-20m away close enough for him to apply some defensive pressure even if he just took a few steps with intent towards the next contest.

If he's going to "replace Howe" which is the question I was responding to then he needs to get that weak-ass crap out of his system, knuckle down and start doing some of the hard stuff defensively or he'll just be a liability for us potentially when it matters the most.

I'm not saying he's a wash and he does do some good things, but he needs to harden up in a hurry if it eventuates that we might need to rely on him as a KPD at some point.

Yeah, good call, I reckon this a massive chance of this happening. I think McRae and co would really prefer our makeup was one dedicated ruckman and a compotent pinch hitter ruck/forward that still fits into our franetic gamestyle. Kreuger is capable of consistently providing a contest in the air and on the ground if he's fit.
We limit ourselves with two lumbering rucks, Cox's TOG numbers are proof of how we are constantly having to carefully manage that balance. Cox having 1% more game time than a bloke who get subbed midway through the third quarter is worrying for him.

Kreug's showed enough to me today to say he's ready to go. If he can stay for, I think he fills that role perfectly.

See we won by 16 points!

Didn't catch the game, but 25 touches for Allan is at least more than he'd been getting. Good to see Jack getting amongst it.

Ginni, Harrison and Frampton all very good. Hands up for selection if there's a vacancy. Krugeur and Johnson both OK - not knocking the door down, but might not have to - Coxy looked like a liability up forward against Port.
No Cox wasn’t a liability but there are a core bunch of BF posters who will do anything to tear him down despite anything he does. How did the other big key forwards do for both teams last night? If you don’t think Cox should be in the side that’s fine but let’s not be ridiculous about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back