VFL VFL Round 18 Collingwood v Sandringham @ AIA Centre. Sunday July 23rd. 12pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, good call, I reckon this a massive chance of this happening. I think McRae and co would really prefer our makeup was one dedicated ruckman and a compotent pinch hitter ruck/forward that still fits into our franetic gamestyle. Kreuger is capable of consistently providing a contest in the air and on the ground if he's fit.
We limit ourselves with two lumbering rucks, Cox's TOG numbers are proof of how we are constantly having to carefully manage that balance. Cox having 1% more game time than a bloke who get subbed midway through the third quarter is worrying for him.

Kreug's showed enough to me today to say he's ready to go. If he can stay for, I think he fills that role perfectly.
All Freddy showed today was how he can drop marks and is the most uncoordinated/Clumsy footballer I’ve ever seen and the most injury prone. Did nothing to show he would be useful in the seniors unless you want someone to fall on a pack.

This new role definitely suits ginni.

28 disposals. 5 tackles to go with 2.3 goals.
The coaches were very pleased with him during the breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
iI would be very happy with those stats also if I was a coach also, we know what he is capable of around goals but it is good to see he is adding extra strings to his bow.

Some off season speed training and we may well have the player we thought we had, I am glad he is having a dip as he definitely has the talent even if some here are his harshest critics.

Too many good players stuck in the reserves - some will leave inevitably or be unlucky to be delisted at years end

NM and WC in particular are in need of talent and will make more lucrative offers

Can’t keep them all. This is the price to be paid for our success so far 🤷‍♂️

Really need to make it all worthwhile by winning the flag

Kreugs is very agile for a tall. Just needs some continuity and confident he can be a good player for us
If he stays on the field I would have no bother picking him before both Johnson and McStay, I think he is a key position player who I feel would be the equal of either of these 2.

I think it is too late for this season but if he stays healthy he is 1 change I would like.

iI would be very happy with those stats also if I was a coach also, we know what he is capable of around goals but it is good to see he is adding extra strings to his bow.

Some off season speed training and we may well have the player we thought we had, I am glad he is having a dip as he definitely has the talent even if some here are his harshest critics.
Its definitely something to work with long term, and he can build off going into next year. The coaches seemed very happy with him.

No Cox wasn’t a liability but there are a core bunch of BF posters who will do anything to tear him down despite anything he does. How did the other big key forwards do for both teams last night? If you don’t think Cox should be in the side that’s fine but let’s not be ridiculous about it.

When he was forward in the first half, Aliir could play so far off him that he was a spare man in defence - other than on the occasions where we bombed it to a pack with Cox in it.

I like Cox as a ruck, but not as a forward. Same with Cameron. But you can't have two blokes for one of the 18 positions on the ground.

Last edited:
Finn I would think is a good chance to be playing 1st,s next season I fail to see the point of developing him and then trading him out,I think he has served his apprenticeship and is now ready to go if the team was not going so well I think he would be in already.

We forget he had a back issue pre season and started well behind the others the same could be said of Draper with his knockout history.

Finn I would think is a good chance to be playing 1st,s next season I fail to see the point of developing him and then trading him out,I think he has served his apprenticeship and is now ready to go if the team was not going so well I think he would be in already.

We forget he had a back issue pre season and started well behind the others the same could be said of Draper with his knockout history.
I agree. So many saying he'll leave at the end of the year because he's not getting a senior game this year. Well he's not getting a senior game at any other club this year..so why wouldn't he stay at the club which is developing him, sees him as part of their long term future, is on the verge of long term success (🙏) with a few ageing midfielders ready to hand over the reins?

Its definitely something to work with long term, and he can build off going into next year. The coaches seemed very happy with him.
Jack Ginnivan is a 20 year old who has played 36 games averaging 1.5 goals a game trying to break into the team on top of the ladder. I think it is more 31 year old Jamie Elliott's spot he is looking at or he needs to add other strings to his game which Collingwood and him are now doing.

The only thing he lacks is leg speed.

Collingwood would be stupid to trade him unless a club is paying overs and Ginnivan would be stupid to leave.

Jack Ginnivan is a 20 year old who has played 36 games averaging 1.5 goals a game trying to break into the team on top of the ladder. I think it is more 31 year old Jamie Elliott's spot he is looking at or he needs to add other strings to his game which Collingwood and him are now doing.

Collingwood would be stupid to trade him unless a club is paying overs and Ginnivan would be stupid to leave.
He'll be just fine. Adding more strings to his talented bow, a kid is adding things to his game. Nothing wrong with that. I doubt he has plans to go anywhere, and the club sees a big future for him. He looked happy with his confidence growing.

yeah, he lacks speed, but cant change that, but he can improve his other things, which makes up for it.

Collingwood won't want to trade Ginni.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a hope in hell, he was hot garbage with his defensive work (or lack thereof) in his last start at AFL level.

Nary a second effort and certainly wasn't interested in any applying any sort of pressure or absorbing any degree of body contact, whether it be tackling or a marking contest (it seemed like he spent more time bitching to the umps after perfectly reasonable spoils than he did going after the ball after he was spoiled). The marking contest where he picked up a corkie was another super-soft effort from him and it was 1v1 against a smaller player to boot iirc.

I'm hoping he gets that crap out of his system before getting another game at AFL level because we might need him at some point, but not if he's playing like a one-effort whiny little pussy who wont put his body on the line or do the defensive stuff when it is called for.
Jeez, why are people so aggressive today towards players? Chill out and enjoy the fact that we won against the odds again last night…

I think he just needs to put the work in pre season and I think he will if he is to play 1st,s which he should be with his talent level,I just hope has learned the lesson from pre season last year, it does not matter how talented you are you must do the work to reach the desired level this is where N Daicos is so good.

I think he just needs to put the work in pre season and I think he will if he is to play 1st,s which he should be with his talent level,I just hope has learned the lesson from pre season last year, it does not matter how talented you are you must do the work to reach the desired level this is where N Daicos is so good.
Yeah for sure. Definitely big pre-season coming up. I think he is learning with his professionalism, and wont repeat his mistakes from last pre-season that's for sure.
I think him shutting his social media off to the public will help a great deal. Seems to be looking much more happier since.

If you go through every list, they have players playing VFL and can't crack the senior side. I doubt we are getting rid of all our depth and I doubt any of them would currently walk into any side. Just chill. I think we'll keep them all and get rid of the obvious ones

I can't imagine us denying a trade unless it was well unders.
Depends on where the club sees Macrae in 12 months from now. If they’re projecting him to be best 22 taking over from Mitchell then I doubt they’ll consider a trade.

Ginni, Harrison and Frampton all very good. Hands up for selection if there's a vacancy. Krugeur and Johnson both OK - not knocking the door down, but might not have to - Coxy looked like a liability up forward against Port.
I'd go with Johnson/Krueger up forward any day over Cox.

I wouldn't be putting a line through 2023 yet. We're all talking about who misses out when everyone's fit, but it goes the other way too - who comes in if we have a couple of injuries? Our depth looks awesome right now, but that's because we have no injuries.

I wouldn't be putting a line through 2023 yet. We're all talking about who misses out when everyone's fit, but it goes the other way too - who comes in if we have a couple of injuries? Our depth looks awesome right now, but that's because we have no injuries.
Of course. Plenty of time left for this year, you never know what can happen.

I watched a bit of this game and thought Frampton looked very strong down back.Going forward I think we need to be developing him as a key defender .We only have one real key defender at the moment-Moore.Howe and Murphy aren’t key defender size and are more like flankers than anything else.That’s why we need to put some time in developing Frampton as a key defender.He certainly seems to have all the tools to make it down there.

You could make a very strong case for it I think, but I don't think it'll happen, not this week.

I reckon Kreuger for Cox is a potential smoky though this week. He's improved his ruckwork a lot these days and offers hell of a lot more pressure/defensive accountability.
Yep. Bring in a bloke who struggles to get through a quarter without limping off or holding his shoulder who averages 3 touches a game as a replacement for a bloke who has stood up in the intensity of finals and been a good contributor for 2 seasons. Makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back