VFL VFL Round 14 v Swans - Saturday June 24th. 10:05am. @ AIA Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

They could be paid more than what they are now. The highest paid AFLW is still on more than 10x less than her male equivalent.
The aflw loses money. They can’t be paid anymore. The money is already coming from the men’s game. If they want more money, they need to attract more interest on tv and at games. It’s simple economics. They are trying to grow it, if it does, they will get paid more. Atm they get what’s reasonable.

You need to remove gender from the equation and look at it from a simple business perspective. The other issue being revenue from games. Many aflw games are free simply to draw crowds, or very cheap in price. Until this increases there’s not gonna be much revenue.

Which would come out of our salary cap, so why would we delist a player we'd be paying for anyway? To take a punt on another kid you say?

Pure silliness

What about if the kid you take to replace him ends up being a better player? Then it’s nots so silly is it? He’s be on absolute minimum salary, so it’s not really a big deal to the cap.

It’s the elite mids that are going to be hardest to find without access to top 10. We can use trading etc but our currency won’t be to high. Wrights got some work to do on this front, there are hidden gems no doubt. We need a draft like port had in 2018
tbf, Port had those picks because of trading out Polec/Pittard to north for pick 11, Wingard for pick 15 to hawks
Got lucky those clubs were interested and were willing to pay.

Shocking pick. I'm all for giving longshot country players a chance but you use the rookie draft to do that.

Lucky we were still able to get Steene and Markov
Hasn't looked great - but he's only played 5 games. Everyone is going pretty early.

Shocking pick. I'm all for giving longshot country players a chance but you use the rookie draft to do that.

Lucky we were still able to get Steene and Markov
There was interest in him in the National draft so if we wanted him we had to pick him there. Its a spot we probably should have kept free for Markov instead of relying on an injury to sign a crucial depth player but Richards still has time to justify his selection.

Hasn't looked great - but he's only played 5 games. Everyone is going pretty early.

Yeah I thought he looked pretty decent early in the VFL, was averaging 17 possessions and a goal over the first three games, before getting injured in the fourth. His style of play was one I saw fitting in for us at senior level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it worse than forcing a contracted player to be traded out?

Also that player will receive their 2nd year pay for free instantly so it's actually pretty good for them.

The AFL would have to sign off on that - and if the delisting was purely for list management, they surely wouldn’t.

Try again Kappy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kelly
Murley
Wilson
I’d put Richards on the Rookie list
Trade Ruscoe if he wants better opportunities

I’d wait and see with Carmichael.
I’m worried that Carmichael can’t make it - he’s not progressed, and his constant turnovers and ineffectual kicks put him at risk.
You would only keep him if he was making giants strides in those areas of deficiency by seasons end, which seems unlikely.

The excitement and anticipation after his early games, that he was another astute selection like Noble and McCreery, has quickly faded.

That whole draft was a bit of a head scratcher for mine. Aside from Ed.

Looking forward to the future second though, thanks tankers!

Ryan was seen in our top 20 Prospects and Ryan is going to be a Good Player.

Was about BOG on the Weekend

I was aghast at the idea of taking Ryan with our first, would have preferred Cowan with our second and am trying to convince myself we took Ryan instead because we had them close-ish but could gain a future second if we left Cowan for the tankers.

I hope like hell Ryan makes it, but am yet to be in any way convinced.

You watched him play in the VFL Yet?

You watched him play in the VFL Yet?

Yes.

I have a similar level of confidence that Ryan and Steene will eventually make it at AFL level; one was taken in the second round and one cost a list spot. To me there’s something wrong with that. But it’s probably my assessment that is actually wrong.

Yes.

I have a similar level of confidence that Ryan and Steene will eventually make it at AFL level; one was taken in the second round and one cost a list spot. To me there’s something wrong with that. But it’s probably my assessment that is actually wrong.
Good chance

Collingwood was led by its running defenders, with Jakob Ryan (29 disposals, seven marks, nine rebounds), Trent Bianco (29 disposals, nine marks, six entries) and Trey Ruscoe (24 disposals, five rebounds), while Hustwaite (24 disposals, five marks, nine clearances, five tackles, six entries) and Fin Macrae (24 disposals) were also important and Wilson picked up 17 touches and five inside-50s to go with his two goals.

These players could contribute, you need to use the season to develop them. You don’t want to end up in a situation where you need to rely on depth in finals and they’ve had no exposure.

Looking at our forward set up we could use somebody with Krueger’s athleticism, aggression and ability to hit the ball high in a marking contest.

Similarly I would have tried Macrae with Degoey out. If he shows up, you then have the added benefit of playing Degoey and Adams forward more often.

It’s a list of 30 odd that win premierships.

We're ahead of schedule then, played 35 players YTD by my count. What do we do with the 5 extras?

I've never hear a male calling Netball.
I'd imagine there would be complaints/comments from females if they did.
I'm not a fan of Kelly.
Like the female cricket commentators though.
there’s been a number of male netball commentators, most are former coaches or players (there’s a men’s netball league).

But just so netball fans are not left out dealing with terrible callers they’ve had too also endure Luke Darcy and basil zempilas too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back