VFL VFL Round 22 v Southport @ AIA. Saturday August 19. 12:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Eyre and Ashwin getting the game ahead of more fancied others is interesting…
Eyre has been pretty good.
Thought Ashwin did some nice things last week.

With Cox not playing given he was the sub, does Jetta come in, or will they go with the other ruck in Purcell?
Be interesting to see who is 1st ruck now. Begg is named in defence. Will Steene first ruck even though they have been using him forward.

Could play Steene in the ruck and bring in Glover. We'll see.

Last edited:

Eyre has been pretty good.
Thought Ashwin did some nice things last week.

With Cox not playing given he was the sub, does Jetta come in, or will they go with the other ruck in Purcell?
Be interesting to see who is 1st ruck now. Begg is named in defence. Will Steene first ruck even though they have been using him forward.

Could play Steene in the ruck and bring in Glover. We'll see.

I really hope they play Begg down back

Down 3 defenders this year in madgen, McMahon and Kelly now being a winger

Not to mention the senior side could do with another 197cm defensive option

Wish Carlton getting annihilated by Gold Coast. It looks like we'll play the winner of North and Richmond at home in the 'wildcard' game.
Our VFL team will likely be decimated by afl promotions next week. Likely week 1 elimination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I watch the VFL, the more I think that Hine needs to go. Some fresh perspective would be good.
A lot of our picks in recent years though mate have been late speculative picks that rarely make it. Haven’t had access to the top end for some time. It does show. He’s done alright with ginni and mccreery, Harrison looks ok, all late picks. We are and will be paying for the poor trading for a couple more seasons

Any chance we can see Reefs skills as a midfielder?
I'm perplexed as to why we play him as a forward in the VFL.
He needs to be ready to make the step up to AFL level in 2024 as a mid.
His forward marking and craft has been impressive recently. I’ve changed a little on him there. Generally a good kick for goal too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back