VFL VFL Round 18 Collingwood v Sandringham @ AIA Centre. Sunday July 23rd. 12pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

There a Few Spots in the AFL Team for next week.

Some Poor Perfomances and short break to Blues Game coming back from a Wet Adelaide with game going down to the Wire
There's a heap of guys who could step up. Wouldn't mind Carmichael being considered and one of Ruscoe or Frampton would go well.

Ginnivan is gaining momentum but I want to see another week against stronger opposition.

He also can’t mark/play tall like Elliot.
Reef is the more logical replacement for Elliot.
Nah, Reef doesn't have the speed or tank of Elliott. He's working on running but nowhere near like Elliott.

Also to replace Elliott, you need ice in your veins and well, Ginnivan's kinda the guy for that.

Jeez, why are people so aggressive today towards players? Chill out and enjoy the fact that we won against the odds again last night…

Not aggressive at all, just an honest opinion of performance on the field.

He has traits that he needs to leave behind and I'm happy to entertain any counter argument that his defensive efforts and repeat efforts in general play haven't been anywhere near aren't up to scratch in some games.

I want him to be better then he was in his last game at AFL level have no doubt about that and I think he can be but has a way to go yet.

Not aggressive at all, just an honest opinion of performance on the field.

He has traits that he needs to leave behind and I'm happy to entertain any counter argument that his defensive efforts and repeat efforts in general play haven't been anywhere near aren't up to scratch in some games.

I want him to be better then he was in his last game at AFL level have no doubt about that and I think he can be but has a way to go yet.
Yeah it was aggressive. It probably would have been fine without that last bit, but you went too far, and now you’re trying to gloss over it. I’ve got no problem with people pointing out player flaws or areas of improvement, but the nasty s**t should be left at the door.

You would not spare Cox’s performances over the last month if he were any other player on our list. He does everything he can and I’ll always love him, but it doesn’t mean he is always in our best 22.

He’d be thrilled for Nathan or Ash if they get the nod this week. Stop projecting your victimhood mentality onto the big man.
That's ridiculous. Cox would be thrilled to be dropped and replaced by AJ or Krueger on the run into the finals. Seriously?

Nah, Reef doesn't have the speed or tank of Elliott. He's working on running but nowhere near like Elliott.

Also to replace Elliott, you need ice in your veins and well, Ginnivan's kinda the guy for that.
Reef had the fastest time in the sprint in his draft year.
Ginnivan is way behind Elliot and Reef by that measure.

Lmao Reef is literally the fastest player we have over 20m on the list. Having said that, I think his future is in the midfield, he just needs to keep building that tank.

Reef had the fastest time in the sprint in his draft year.
Ginnivan is way behind Elliot and Reef by that measure.
Ginnivan is clever on the lead. Great timing and tricks his man into thinking he's heading back to the goal square, befoe wheeling around. so he's a better match than you're suggesting.

I don't think it's relevant though, as I don't think we want Ginni playing that deep forward role this year - as McStay and Coxy also lack pace. You can't have one section of the ground with 3 blokes who's chases are futile.

Lmao Reef is literally the fastest player we have over 20m on the list. Having said that, I think his future is in the midfield, he just needs to keep building that tank.
Edward pipped his time by a little.
But yeah the two fastest on our list over 20m.

It's not about his offensive output as a forward. He's good for a big grab and goal most weeks. It's that he's so one dimensional as a forward that his man can ignore him, peel off and become a + 1 at contests and make it harder for all the other forwards and make it harder for us to win the territory battle. And then there's the pressure that he can't apply - thus exacerbating that.
And AJ is going to apply defensive pressure?

And AJ is going to apply defensive pressure?
He reads it better and is faster so gets to more aerial contests and is harder to zone off from.

But I think Coxy will stay due to his ruck work. We can afford to play him low minutes - as Checkers and McStay both play really big minutes. Plus Adelaide Oval isn't for him - it's too long and skinny -less run and carry due to the skinniness and forwards and defenders all play higher up the ground - at the G he's not as much of a liability as a forward, as there are more hotspot contests and less half forward flank aerial contests - where his lack of pace and game reading and thus inability to get to contests is fully exposed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speed? Reef is much quicker then Elliott.
He appeared slower but it turns out he is not. Elliott who is a tall small. Reef could be a third tall or HF.

Maybe I got the impression he was slower because he was working with a running coach.

He appeared slower but it turns out he is not. Elliott who is a tall small. Reef could be a third tall or HF.

Maybe I got the impression he was slower because he was working with a running coach.
He also appears slower as he gives a head start due to being reactive and not proactive like Elliott.

Every time I see Ed Allan I cannot believe the size of his frame. When he fills out he will be a huge boy.
Hope with that his confidence to attack the ball and man improves
I am sure the transition from the wide open spaces of the wa grounds to the small VFL grounds and cold weather has been an adjustment for him

Must have been a little for them to say it on the day Jen.
Also mentioned in the news articles.
No big deal either way. He, Ed and Harrison all fast.

Yeah reckon we are nitpicking if we are speculating milliseconds by a little wind. Either way, yes all are fast. Tank is just something reef needs to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back