VFL VFL Round 15 v Frankston. Sunday July 2nd. 12pm @ Kinetic Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

For those that want to know what happened with the fight close to 3 Qtr Time

Frankston player who had the original dangerous tackle charge can accept the maximum fine for a vfl listed player of $150

5 Collingwood and 5 Frankston players can accept reprimands for wrestling
That's a joke. A maximum $150 fine? That's meant to discourage thuggery?

For those that want to know what happened with the fight close to 3 Qtr Time

Frankston player who had the original dangerous tackle charge can accept the maximum fine for a vfl listed player of $150

5 Collingwood and 5 Frankston players can accept reprimands for wrestling

Did #25 getting Suspended for Punching Johnson?

VFL footy players that aren't AFL listed don't earn tons of cashola so it's always not going to amount to a lot compared with professional footballers
I realise they don't earn the same type of money as AFL players. But someone's financial situation is not taken into consideration when people are fined for offences off field. I fail to see the disincentive for these thugs to physically harm an AFL player just for bragging rights. A $7 contribution from all the Frankston's players covers this mutts fine.

Worse still is that he’s not even competing with Daicos, who is a completely different type of player with his pace and agility.

Macrae is like a more inside Lipinski type; dual sided one paced, will win more contested ball but isn’t as good a kick.

Macrae is obviously contracted for 2024, but if he doesn’t cement himself for us, he should fit into a midfield that has more pace around him than we do. We have De Goey and now, in some capacity which is yet to be determined in terms of CBA’s etc., Nick D.
Lipinski an inside type ? That certainly made me laugh

I love Lippa but he is certainly an outside type. Not quick I give you that

I think Finlay is making some strong strides forward this year. Reckon he will make it but understand if he feels like he needs to look elsewhere for opportunities

Lipinski an inside type ? That certainly made me laugh

I love Lippa but he is certainly an outside type. Not quick I give you that

I think Finlay is making some strong strides forward this year. Reckon he will make it but understand if he feels like he needs to look elsewhere for opportunities

No I meant Macrae is a more inside version of Lipinski.

VFL footy players that aren't AFL listed don't earn tons of cashola so it's always not going to amount to a lot compared with professional footballers
$350 fine for not picking up dog poo in Moreland, puts the max fine for dangerous tackle in some relativity i guess.

"You can be fined for failing to carry bags and disposing the waste from your animal. The penalty for this breach is 3.5 penalty units which can mean a fine of $350"

$350 fine for not picking up dog poo in Moreland, puts the max fine for dangerous tackle in some relativity i guess.

"You can be fined for failing to carry bags and disposing the waste from your animal. The penalty for this breach is 3.5 penalty units which can mean a fine of $350"
Yep, and they don't care how much money you earn when they issue that dog poo fine. So not sure why playing vfl should make any difference. They'd all have jobs outside of footy.

And don’t forget what their fines are like for having your Golden Retrievers off lead by the creek.

Known for their viscous temperament obviously

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was probably my two mate sorry I’ll be happy to pay the damages of stolen tennis balls and slobbered faces
I can relate to the slobbering. We have two mastiffs, slobber hang can easily be 10 inches.

The problem being, when they shake the head with the said slobber hits you and you are wearing black jeans, the slobber stain is hard to explain to non-dog people

Yep, and they don't care how much money you earn when they issue that dog poo fine. So not sure why playing vfl should make any difference. They'd all have jobs outside of footy.
Easiest way around the fine is to ALWAYS carry poo bags, which I do. I don't have a problem with fines for not picking up your dogs waste or not carrying the wherewithal to do so. What I do have a problem with is the absurdly high cost of fines in this state, but then I take into account the obvious need of the Victorian electorate to feel controlled, therefore safe and secure. With the popularity of the state government never waning, you can only assume that Victorians love donating to the state coffers.

Easiest way around the fine is to ALWAYS carry poo bags, which I do. I don't have a problem with fines for not picking up your dogs waste or not carrying the wherewithal to do so. What I do have a problem with is the absurdly high cost of fines in this state, but then I take into account the obvious need of the Victorian electorate to feel controlled, therefore safe and secure. With the popularity of the state government never waning, you can only assume that Victorians love donating to the state coffers.
I think in some instances a bargain..... only $150 for rough tackle in the vfl that is nearly equivalent to a large pouch of tobacco

Tbh I really don't care about a dog poo fine TheGreatGrundy this was more about the pathetic $150 fine given to the Frankston thugs who went after Jack.

I realise they don't earn the same type of money as AFL players. But someone's financial situation is not taken into consideration when people are fined for offences off field. I fail to see the disincentive for these thugs to physically harm an AFL player just for bragging rights. A $7 contribution from all the Frankston's players covers this mutts fine.

One of the Scandinavian countries has recently adopted means testing to decided the size of a fine. Someone who is incredibly wealthy got a traffic infringement fine of $120,000.

One of the Scandinavian countries has recently adopted means testing to decided the size of a fine. Someone who is incredibly wealthy got a traffic infringement fine of $120,000.
Yeah okay. I was talking about Victoria, Australia & specifically relating to pathetic fines issued by the VFL.

We all know Scandinavian countries are far more evolved than the rest of us.

Yeah okay. I was talking about Victoria, Australia & specifically relating to pathetic fines issued by the VFL.

We all know Scandinavian countries are far more evolved than the rest of us.
Yeah, but you can't expect VFL players to pay the $2500 fines for wrestling that the AFL guys pay. That'd be outrageous.

Yeah, but you can't expect VFL players to pay the $2500 fines for wrestling that the AFL guys pay. That'd be outrageous.
Whatever. I've moved on tbh. The last thing I'll say is repeating myself... I think $150 is pitiful. Most of these guys are in pretty well paid jobs outside of footy. They're not paupers. I don't see the disincentive in targetting an AFL player for bragging rights if the most they cop is a pathetic $150 fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back