VFL VFL Round 20 v Werribee @ Avalon Airport Oval. Sunday Aug 6th 12pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I expected our boys to be tearing in today, considering there's opportunities at senior level. Like the seniors its been flat and uninspiring. Not sure what's going on at the club over the past couple of weeks...

Something is wrong at the Club at the Moment

It seemed like they pulled Ryan at some stage in the second half? Or did I just miss him?

Kreuger going into the ruck in the last quarter was interesting too. Surely he's ahead of Kelly?
Wouldn’t mind seeing Ryan debut on a back flank on Friday night. Might energise the team and provide a bit of spark from the back half. Also allows Maynard to run through the middle a bit more

Probably showed the most apart from Cox but not sure bringing in a debutante is the answer. One of the few in the VFL that excites me though
With one forced injury change without an obvious answer (Nick), it will be interesting to see which way we go. Ginnivan for my mind, pushing Beau up to the middle some more. But Allan looks like a pretty solid prospect, and I wouldn't be too opposed to seeing him play.

Blooding him against the reigning premiers would be a high pressure debut though.

Something is wrong at the Club at the Moment
Maybe something to do with what Dermott Brereton was talking about recently. That the Pies have been playing flat out and pushing the needle into the red zone all year. And maybe they’re getting a bit burnt out? Need to refresh and reenergise and soon. The 2 week break between us he final round and the Qualifying final will do them the world of good. Also will have a fresh Nick Daicos ready to let it rip (looking for silver linings 😀)

Watched about 10 minutes in total and wow we looked bad.

The tackling and pressure was non existent.

Maybe that was not a reflection of the whole game but didn't look good.

WHE doesn't scream I play AFL. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Watched about 10 minutes in total and wow we looked bad.

The tackling and pressure was non existent.

Maybe that was not a reflection of the whole game but didn't look good.

WHE doesn't scream I play AFL. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Was the Whole Game.

Especially in 1st qtr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see the game.

Did WHE play all 4 quarters?

If so 11 disposals, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 0 goals from a senior player seems a poor return at the lower level.

Good to see Cox dominated the hit outs. At 211cm however I guess he should in the VFL.

Was Ryan subbed out in the 2nd half like asked above?

Didn't see the game.

If so 11 disposals, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 0 goals from a senior player seems a poor return at the lower level.

Good to see Cox dominated the hit outs. At 211cm however I guess he should in the VFL.

Came off Sore about 3 qtr time

5 goal first quarter aside, we weren't really that bad after quarter time considering we were missing our two main midfielders. We also have virtually zero height in our back 50, our KPD stocks got exposed today - playing Ruscoe as a KPD clearly isn't his caper.

Cox was good, he deserves first-string ruck duties as far as I'm concerned. Kreuger had moments and Draper's last quarter when he went on-ball was really good. Murley was decent too, his defensive work is nice to watch, always works hard off the ball and chases with intensity. Allan decent too, really wished we'd pulled the trigger on giving him a game earlier in the year.

WHE and Ginni were both barely sighted, no way I'd recall either of them off the back of that even with the performance of the senior although I completely expect WHE to get gifted a recall.

5 goal first quarter aside, we weren't really that bad after quarter time considering we were missing our two main midfielders. We also have virtually zero height in our back 50, our KPD stocks got exposed today - playing Ruscoe as a KPD clearly isn't his caper.

Cox was good, he deserves first-string ruck duties as far as I'm concerned. Kreuger had moments and Draper's last quarter when he went on-ball was really good. Murley was decent too, his defensive work is nice to watch, always works hard off the ball and chases with intensity. Allan decent too, really wished we'd pulled the trigger on giving him a game earlier in the year.

WHE and Ginni were both barely sighted, no way I'd recall either of them off the back of that even with the performance of the senior although I completely expect WHE to get gifted a recall.
Agree especially re Draper.

With one forced injury change without an obvious answer (Nick), it will be interesting to see which way we go. Ginnivan for my mind, pushing Beau up to the middle some more. But Allan looks like a pretty solid prospect, and I wouldn't be too opposed to seeing him play.

Blooding him against the reigning premiers would be a high pressure debut though.
Reef would be much more versatile than Ginnivan

Didn't see the game.

He plays like he always does, just basically does * all. I was at the game for the second half and all his running is bullshit, he's a very average footballer

I thought Ginnivan started well, but tapered off in the 2nd half - the opposite of the rest of the team.

Allan and Draper impressed me in the middle. Kreuger looked good. Cox did what he should have done.

If WHE gets recalled I will be filthy. He did nothing

He plays like he always does, just basically does * all. I was at the game for the second half and all his running is bullshit, he's a very average footballer
Did you take your rods to the game or drop them off at home first?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back