VFL VFL Round 16 v Footscray. Friday July 7. 3:05pm @ Avalon Airport Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginnivan failing to score even a point to put us a goal ahead is what lead directly to the next play involving Kelly.
That's what i was most saddened by too. Not even a score, from a position where he should have 100% scored something. I love Ginni and hope he can get back to great form, but that was really disappointing. With his AFL experience he must be better than that.

Fin dominated
Ginni was back to his 2021 best but with better defensive work and tackling
Harrison is so much better after a stint at afl

Beggy I felt was quite good.
Allan did nice things

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I actually thought Ginnivan was pretty good overall.

He kicked a couple and it felt like he had a hand in a couple more following some team orientated actions.

Given he's not blessed with speed or size it's his forward nous that has gotten him to this point and I thought it was on show today.

I actually thought Ginnivan was pretty good overall.

He kicked a couple and it felt like he had a hand in a couple more following some team orientated actions.

Given he's not blessed with speed or size it's his forward nous that has gotten him to this point and I thought it was on show today.
One clanger and a costly miss that everyone will dwell on, but I agree and thought he was decent and his forward pressure and tackling is certainly improving.

He'll get back up and firing again in time.

Harrison is a very different sort of player to Ginnivan who will likely end up in different positions, so this need from posters earlier to put Ginnivan down by talking about Harrison's great day out is strange and a bit pathetic honestly.

Rate Ginnivan's game by his own merits or demerits, and root for em both eh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcstay did what he needed to do. Get through the game. The delivery and ball movement at this level doesn’t help some players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Delivery to Forwards was Appalling

Murley taking a shot late that didn't make the distance and Ginni not hitting anything cost us the game.
The ball was constantly kicked deep forward as opposed to the pockets zoning off, Luke Cleary played in front of his forward opponent and had a few intercepts, 21, 191cm and out marking McStay/McInnes and Tom Wilson.
The turnovers were hard to watch, but the highlight was probably that I got to meet Ned and Wrighty, Harrison looked good but the rest were having a bad day.
I did say to someone that our AFL listed players moved the ball well but the VFL listed players couldn't seem to keep pace and were a little fumbly, resulting in turnovers.
Either Frankston were absolutely awful or Footscray were amazing.

On another positive note, the smoke ceremony was pretty special, except for a dodgy mike and little miss 11 loved her first VFL game.

mcstay is terrible
It's a worry as fly sees him as the exciting missing piece in our puzzle. I know he must have felt very out of touch after such a long lay off but I hoped for more. I think he will still come back in alongside Checkers. Billy Frampton and Coxy have been terrible. Coxy needs to pull the finger out, He has had a couple of quiet games.

So Macrae dominated, Harrison was very good kicking 3 goals, McStay got through…

… sounds good so far!

How’d Reef go?
I liked Reef's game. He played higher up the ground and it seemed to suit him.

Would like to see how he goes with more of that.

I liked Reef's game. He played higher up the ground and it seemed to suit him.

Would like to see how he goes with more of that.

Sweet as. Great day then!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back