VFL VFL Round 20 v Werribee @ Avalon Airport Oval. Sunday Aug 6th 12pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes players just need to be given a chance. He had two very good weeks. Give him a run and see how he goes. Cox straight back in please. Did Reef get a few touches in the midfield?

I didn’t see much of the game but it seems like Cox was the only player who really put his hand up to play in the seniors next week.

Tough game. Fin and carmy out didn't help the midfield and kicking it inside 50, which in turn didnt help our forwards.
At least Ginni made the most of his chances (could have had 3) when he had them.

The fact Draper became more prominent when put in the midfield says he should be playing there, not off half back.
I thought the usual suspects in Ruscoe and Bianco battled well, given all the F50 the opposition had.
Allan did welll. Murley performed strongly on the wing.

Kreuger battled, at least he was providing a contest, though I did worry at times when it appeared he was sore.

Kelly told me he has a ankle issue, but it shouldnt be too bad.

They pulled WHE off at 3QT, he was just sitting on the bench, so clearly will play v Geelong.

Cox played well, domiant in the ruck, had 5 marks, 4 tackles and kicked a goal.

Tough game. Fin and carmy out didn't help the midfield and kicking it inside 50, which in turn didnt help our forwards.
At least Ginni made the most of his chances (could have had 3) when he had them.

The fact Draper became more prominent when put in the midfield says he should be playing there, not off half back.
I thought the usual suspects in Ruscoe and Bianco battled well, given all the F50 the opposition had.

Kreuger battled, at least he was providing a contest, though I did worry at times when it appeared he was sore.

They pulled WHE off at 3QT, he was just sitting on the bench, so clearly will play v Geelong.

I'm not happy Kelly has an ankle issue, but at least we know he wasn't pulled from that game to play on Friday... 😉

I'm not happy Kelly has an ankle issue, but at least we know he wasn't pulled from that game to play on Friday... 😉
I never thought that was the case, given they already pulled Frampton from it. Then i had a chat to Will, saw taping on the bottom of his leg, but was walking fine, so just a minor issue.

I never thought that was the case, given they already pulled Frampton from it. Then i had a chat to Will, saw taping on the bottom of his leg, but was walking fine, so just a minor issue.
Just a few on here were assuming because he wasn't playing today, he was pulled from the game to play on Friday, like Frampton. Thankfully that's not the case.

Just a few on here were assuming because he wasn't playing today, he was pulled from the game to play on Friday, like Frampton. Thankfully that's not the case.
I did wonder why he wasn't warming up this morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are you thinking may come in for Friday? Definitely Frampton. Most likely WHE. Anyone else?
Tough to say. They managed Ginni's minutes in the last Q. Was on the bench at the start and the end.
Think those three only options.
WHE didn't do a whole lot though, but they did put him on ice at 3 QT, so seems he will come in.

With Nick Daicos and Nathan Murphy out for weeks, those at the second level for the Magpies were keen to impress in their match against Werribee on Sunday.

Given the role as first ruck after being dropped from the senior side, Mason Cox dominated at the bounces to finish with 46 hitouts but Collingwood didn't benefit from the tap work, just breaking even on clearances and losing the match by 35 points.

The big American also kicked a goal from 15 disposals.

Jack Ginnivan was the Pies' only multiple goalkicker with two, while Nathan Kreuger missed a couple of opportunities to finish with 1.2 from 11 touches.

Collingwood's midfielders had trouble getting their hands on the ball throughout, trailing Werribee by 119 disposals for the match, with Trey Ruscoe (20 disposals, seven marks) and rookie Cooper Murley (20 disposals, one goal) the busiest of the senior-listed players.

Harvey Harrison made his presence felt with a team-high eight tackles and a goal, Ed Allan did his bit at stoppages with six clearances and 15 disposals, and Reef McInnes also slotted a goal from his 12 touches.

Will Hoskin-Elliott was relatively quiet with 11 disposals and a behind.

Other Magpies in action included Trent Bianco (17 disposals), Arlo Draper (15, four tackles, four clearances), Jakob Ryan (14), Joe Richards (seven) and Aiden Begg (four).

The Bear, Brayden Sier, debuted in round 15, 2018, and almost led us to premiership glory. Might be time to throw someone in the deep end. I'm pretty sure Finn McCrae would be coming in for a game if he was not injured.

Murley had 20 disposals, which was equal second with Ruscoe. I'd rather we kept Murley than Richards if we can find a way to cut the latter.

Cox really deserves to be in the AFL side but given he wasn't pulled, I doubt it.

Did to Murley last year
The critical difference is we committed to re-drafting Murley, which removes the dog act from it.

But personally, based on the past few weeks, Murley has actually shown quite a bit and deserves to remain provided we play him on the wing. One of our best today, on the way up. Richards, on the other hand, really hasn't transferred to VFL level nicely. Would take a big 2024 to see him debut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back