VFL VFL v Box Hill Hawks. Sunday April 16th @ Box Hill Oval. 12pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt The decision to draft Richards at the time was questionable. Now it feels worse.

Trying to be too cleaver instead of drafting well credentialed young players like Cowan, Horton etc...

We Could have even had a crack at a prospective tall like Keeler or Lemmey instead of a small forward. Happy to be proven wrong in a couple of years but it's looking sketchy

agree re Richards, could have got Scully with that pick. The other 2 you mentioned were already gone. We have plenty of smaller players on our list

That’s true, but it’s also true that our recruiting has been poor. Richards is a mature player that is sadly one of the worst players on the ground, with a dozen VFL listed players doing more. Meanwhile Thomas Scully is starting to fill out… and at 202cm, was available at his pick.

Ruscoe and Macrae the only ones to do a bit today. And I’ll add that Begg would not have added much at all. He can’t run or jump in the dry, let alone the wet.
Begg was one of the final picks in the mid-season draft. Really just a throw at the stumps after drafting Johnson.
Richards has actually been good this year apart from this game. Having said that, I probably wouldn't have drafted him.

Are you in a position to make the call that there won't be better options available in next years trade or draft period? Because that's the call that the club has made.
Nobody is, with so many variables before then.
And it looks worse given that Richards may not even prove to be depth at small forward.
At essence, I was simply saying that we've passed up some pretty good players this year at the pick we traded.

just on the humble dim sim,

OMG there is a chicken shop in Glen Huntly rd using Chien wah dim sims that have taken things to a whole new level.
They don’t just fry them or steam they do both!!!
They steam them first, then fry them! FFS the best of both worlds.

Now as a long standing connoisseur of the humble dim sim this is a first for me and I’m unsure if they still do,
but it is the pinnacle of cooking and preparing manufactured dim sims.
Dim Sim heaven, they are Sublime 😍

ps not my shop,😂

Attachments

• 2BB18CFE-9615-495A-B745-B8D98469E5BB.png
    2BB18CFE-9615-495A-B745-B8D98469E5BB.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 52

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG there is a chicken shop in Glen Huntly rd using Chien wah dim sims that have taken things to a whole new level.

Now as a long standing connoisseur of the humble dim sim this is a first for me and I’m unsure if they still do,

ps not my shop,😂
The factory used to be in Richmond. Not sure nowadays.
I used to supply Chien Wah all the shredded cabbage and onion for their Dim Sims and Spring rolls.
They're the yummiest for sure.

Are they the nice Chien-Wah ones that have a bit more taste to them?
The ones in the image are Marathon which most fish n chip shops sell.
I like them.
Next is Chien Wah who are also now featuring in many fish n chip shops.
Bloody beautiful

South Melbourne market dimmies are awesome as well.

ps not my shop,😂

It was actually a sneaky ploy used by my old chicken shop to be able to keep them in the bain-marie longer and cook them quicker when someone wants fried ones.

I agree 100% though, the steaming first somehow makes the skins lighter and the inside juicier and then magic truly happens when they're dropped into the oil for a flash fry resulting in perfectly cooked little fist-sized parcels of crunchy mystery-meat-and-cabbage deliciousness!

The ones in the image are Marathon which most fish n chip shops sell.
I like them.
Next is Chien Wah who are also now featuring in many fish n chip shops.
Bloody beautiful

South Melbourne market dimmies are awesome as well.

The good fish and chip shops used to go with Chien-Wah, there was no comparison between them and crappy Marathon dimmies that ended up taking over the takeaway food supply market.

You used to be able to get them in the supermarket many moons ago, I think there might still be a direct-to-public wholesale party food outlet shop in Dandenong that sells them, but otherwise it's just wholesale catering mobs who deal in them now.

I'd recommend any dim sim connoisseur to give them a go, you wont want to go back once you've tried them.

I'm guessing Kreuger isn't the saviour ?

The few flashes of play I saw him get involved in he showed what he has always showed, attacks the contest hard, never gives up and consistently produces repeat efforts at a level that puts a lot of our midfield cohort to shame.

Time is running out for him but personally I still haven't given up, if we can find a way to keep him from nicking up that shoulder of his and he gets some continuity and confidence going then he still has the size and ability to be a very good player for us at AFL level, nevermind VFL level.

agree re Richards, could have got Scully with that pick. The other 2 you mentioned were already gone. We have plenty of smaller players on our list
Not sure a speculative tall would make a difference. If we're loathe to try Steene/Kelly in the firsts despite our injuries, a speculative 18 year old late draft pick tall would be even worse.

We've just been unlucky that our injuries seem to only target our tall players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back