VFL VFL Round 7 v Williamstown - Sunday May 7th. 12pm @ Williamstown FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoroughly outplayed in the conditions. Willy has executed their plans well. We don’t seem to have an identifiable plan unless you count repeatedly bombing it long and over-using handball in congestion.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me clue you in on something, the entire point of the VFL is to prepare players for the AFL, it's not a genuine competition. This ground is an utter mess for professional sport, the wind makes it utterly stupid and completely changes how you have to play. Williamstown has about 50 "fans", they are not a great club, no one will care if they move down to the amateur league. Next time, grow up and don't personally abuse someone when they question your favourite shitty ground :straining:
It's an outdoor winter sport.
Players have to adjust in all conditions.

Macrae was solid, did some good things and bad things. Arlo Draper and Ryan showed some promise. Carmichael was consistently our best player.

Rest of the AFL list players not much to talk about.

It's an outdoor winter sport.
Players have to adjust in all conditions.
Those days as a kid playing away on some bog heap with the wind and rain so bad the ball felt like a lead weight and your sprint was brought back to a jog

Attachments

• mark-thompson.jpg
    mark-thompson.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 20
Macrea most disposals, most tackles and most clearances all by a long way, reckon he explodes next year when a spot in the midfield opens up

Macrea most disposals, most tackles and most clearances all by a long way, reckon he explodes next year when a spot in the midfield opens up

Out of interest did you watch the full game? I thought his first half was poor, butchered the ball constantly and had a few weak defensive efforts. The last quarter was probably his best.

He’s a ball butcher and therefore a major downgrade on Elliot in this important regard.
Reef will come in if Elliot is rested.

Either of Reef or Carmy would be a downgrade on Elliott at this stage of their young careers.

When you kick the ball as hard as Carmy does, your mis-kicks are magnified. But his kicking is a real weapon - it has length and penetration than most others lack.

Reef lacks forward instincts and doesn’t win enough of the ball in the midfield. To survive, I think he needs to retrain as a defender.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back