Autopsy VFL Elimination Final v Williamstown. Saturday Sept 2nd. 3pm @DSV Stadium. Charlie Dean's return!

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a pretty negative view of the VFL team
It was an utterly ridiculous post, and shame on that poster, especially given how happy he often is to call out negative posts from others!! Suggesting that Collingwood fans wouldn't care about how our VFL team (where most of our up and coming prospects are to be found) performs in a crucial finals game is pretty odd! I really would have loved to see us get up in this game, but it wasn't to be. Having our backup players in action for another week or two would have been great, and it just might cost us (that they're not playing) before the season is over! Fortunately, most of the reserves teams of those in the AFL finals are now no longer playing, but...

Last edited:
Draper is toast I reckon. Not saying he's a total bust, he has some talent but he's not going to make it at AFL level clearly.

I think at that onballer size and draft pick range especially, any player is vulnerable to be moved on quickly if they are not showing much

Even the taller kids like McMahon… who normally get a year or two longer can get cut pretty early as we have seen

All depends on how many lost spots they want to open up

Usual 3 to be taken (or upgraded) in the draft.

Likely no retirements this year (maybe Howe) And can see them topping up with 1-2 mature age DFA’s again.

So 4-5 senior list spots needed

That’s a pretty negative view of the VFL team
Is it? They scraped into the finals and were always going to struggle. Particularly at Williamstown.
Great to see Dean back, but the result is hardly surprising.

I’m too busy looking forward to Thursday to worry about the reserves.

It was an utterly ridiculous post, and shame on that poster, especially given how happy he often is to call out negative posts from others!! Suggesting that Collingwood fans wouldn't care about how our VFL team (where most of our up and coming prospects are to be found) performs in a crucial finals game is pretty odd! I really would have loved to see us get up in this game, but it wasn't to be. Having our backup players in action for another week or two would have been great, and it just might cost us (that they're not playing) before the season is over! Fortunately, most of the reserves teams of those in the AFL finals are now no longer playing, but...
My post was ridiculous? How about this from you, “Having our backup players in action for another week or two would have been great, and it just might cost us (that they're not playing) before the season is over!”

The VFL team being finished will have precisely zero effect on our chances for the flag.

Last edited:
Why the hell are we delisting Bianco? 26 touches, 138 AFL Fantasy.

He's leaving but it'll be a trade.

26 touches and fantasy points? Frankly, he didn't have much impact in the game. He's fit enough to link up a lot, but that's about it.

Draper is toast I reckon. Not saying he's a total bust, he has some talent but he's not going to make it at AFL level clearly.

Draper I'd like to keep. Think there is uncapped potential there when played in the right spot. Has been pretty injury riddled last couple years. But has these moments where you get excited. How he moves, and breaks tackles with his big body is something else. But I'm unsure which way it'll go.
Could even re-rookie him.

I agree re Draper. He definitely has differentiation at times, breaking lines and penetrating kick. Squibbed a contest yesterday which is not get him games in the AFL, but he's at least a chance. I'd like to keep him.

I suspect we delist Bianco and may receive minor draft compensation for Ruscoe.

My post was ridiculous? How about this from you, “Having our backup players in action for another week or two would have been great, and it just might cost us (that they're not playing) before the season is over!”

The VFL team being finished will have precisely zero effect on our chances for the flag.
I think we'll beat Melbourne. There will be a couple of players who didn't play in that game or vfl this weekend - the one's most likely to come in to the Prelim team for injury. If they're needed, they will have not played a competitive match for 4 weeks before the Prelim. It's unlikely to have an impact, but it's not ideal.

Draper reminds me of Tyler brown. Does a few flashy things that make u go wow, but his overall body of work is just not there, and there’s no clear improvement trajectory.

Others have gone past him at a rate of knots. He’s almost certainly a mid, and if there were to be an opening at senior level he’d be in a queue behind at least Finn, Reef, Ed and Carmichael at present. Plus there’s another draft coming up and another mid is a possibility. How is Draper going to cement himself?

26 touches and fantasy points? Frankly, he didn't have much impact in the game. He's fit enough to link up a lot, but that's about it.

I agree re Draper. He definitely has differentiation at times, breaking lines and penetrating kick. Squibbed a contest yesterday which is not get him games in the AFL, but he's at least a chance. I'd like to keep him.

I noticed the same side step out of the way when approaching a ground ball. The opposition player went right at the ball & won the contest. Was disappointing.

Apart from Dean, Ruscoe and Bianco, not many blokes had much of an impact. None of our goal kickers were AFL listed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw the footage of the reversal in the third quarter when we got a 50 metre penalty. Softest reversal I've ever seen.
Very soft. That was in front of me near the goals. The bloke ran into Charlie. The umpire couldn't see and all he saw was the bloke on the ground.

I think we'll beat Melbourne. There will be a couple of players who didn't play in that game or vfl this weekend - the one's most likely to come in to the Prelim team for injury. If they're needed, they will have not played a competitive match for 4 weeks before the Prelim. It's unlikely to have an impact, but it's not ideal.
Port just got knocked out of the SANFL finals; that leaves only Brisbane (of the AFL finalists) with their reserves team still playing, so that makes it less of a concern. It would always be better to have the VFL team playing for as long as possible, but hopefully we won't need to call on back-up players this time around.

Very soft. That was in front of me near the goals. The bloke ran into Charlie. The umpire couldn't see and all he saw was the bloke on the ground.

I stopped watching after they gave Willy a second free kick right in front of goal in the second quarter after Ruscoe barely touched a guy and the bloke went down like a South American soccer player.

Others have gone past him at a rate of knots. He’s almost certainly a mid, and if there were to be an opening at senior level he’d be in a queue behind at least Finn, Reef, Ed and Carmichael at present. Plus there’s another draft coming up and another mid is a possibility. How is Draper going to cement himself?
As a fan of Carmichael his lack of progress this year is so concerning I’d be inclined to keep Draper over JC.
Draper has far more upside IMO.

Ive got a friend who lives in Mildura who knows carmy's old coach (also whose brothers are mates with carmy). Thinks he doesn't have the drive to make it at the top level. He's the classic local footballer. A boys boy. Loves to play, but unsure whether he has the passion and drive to succeed. A bit similar to Sier.
Time will decide whether this is the case or not.

Ive got a friend who lives in Mildura who knows carmy's old coach (also whose brothers are mates with carmy). Thinks he doesn't have the drive to make it at the top level. He's the classic local footballer. A boys boy. Loves to play, but unsure whether he has the passion and drive to succeed. A bit similar to Sier.
He would do well in a team like Williamstown.

Saw the footage of the reversal in the third quarter when we got a 50 metre penalty. Softest reversal I've ever seen.

Scumps had money on Williamstown.

We still would of Lossed but been a Closer Game

Sier 2.0?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back