Autopsy VFL Elimination Final v Williamstown. Saturday Sept 2nd. 3pm @DSV Stadium. Charlie Dean's return!

Remove this Banner Ad

For many reasons, but simply its not very respectful to collingwood, dont like it' dont comment, basic manners
Mate, I just said the result didn’t matter. And it doesn’t.

The only thing that matters is Thursday. The reserves are there to develop players ready for senior footy.

The only thing that matters is Thursday. The reserves are there to develop players ready for senior footy.
Just wear it. The way you said it pissed people off.

My post was ridiculous? How about this from you, “Having our backup players in action for another week or two would have been great, and it just might cost us (that they're not playing) before the season is over!”

The VFL team being finished will have precisely zero effect on our chances for the flag.
The senior coach always liked the Ressies to be in the finals and around the Club. When we missed out I’d get at least 10 of the senior boys to come to training and raise the standard.

The senior coach always liked the Ressies to be in the finals and around the Club. When we missed out I’d get at least 10 of the senior boys to come to training and raise the standard.
It’s not going to cost us though.

My father liked to get to the footy early to see the up and coming players in the Reserves.

I love the reserves team as much as I love the senior team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve used 37 players this season to get to Thursday, all of them AFL listed.
Fly always views it as a squad. No club gets a premiership without every single player. Its not just about the 23 on the day.

Is it? They scraped into the finals and were always going to struggle. Particularly at Williamstown.
Great to see Dean back, but the result is hardly surprising.

I’m too busy looking forward to Thursday to worry about the reserves.

Clearly! That’s why you’re posting this s**t in the VFL thread. Not interested, stay the * out.

My father liked to get to the footy early to see the up and coming players in the Reserves.

I’ve been to more VFL games this year than senior games. It’s a couple of hour drive each way but it’s great to watch the kids. Tell any of the players who played yesterday the result didn’t matter. At a minimum, training regimes for those outside the senior team just changed dramatically to try and replicate match fitness.

I’ve been to more VFL games this year than senior games. It’s a couple of hour drive each way but it’s great to watch the kids. Tell any of the players who played yesterday the result didn’t matter. At a minimum, training regimes for those outside the senior team just changed dramatically to try and replicate match fitness.
Also try tell Fly that also who is there at every single game, because he cares about every result. Every player. Its the culture we have in this club. Try telling Tardrew, Campbell the result didn't matter. Who have been our leaders for a long time. Try saying to Fin or any of these kids building their game and developing that winning doesn't matter unless you are at AFL level. These players pour everything they have into these games. Bodies on the line. Try say everything they have worked for all year means nothing.

Its not just about the result. But it means a lot. But its about what you stand for as a team. For players and at this club. If you ask the coaches if the result or this team doesn't matter, you see what they say.

Last edited:
Also try tell Fly that also who is there at every single game, because he cares about every result. Every player. Its the culture we have in this club. Try telling Tardrew, Campbell the result didn't matter. Who have been our leaders for a long time. Try saying to Fin or any of these kids building their kid and developing that winning doesn't matter unless you are at AFL level. These players pour everything they have into these games. Bodies on the line. Try say everything they have worked for all year means nothing.

It’s not just about the result. But it means a lot. But it’s about what you stand for as a team. For players and at this club. If you ask the coaches if the result or this team doesn't matter, you see what they say.
Most knowledgeable.

As evidenced by the appalling sooking and whingeing (umpires, opposition, journalists etc) it is clear that several posters have never played football, past juniors (where everyone got a game).

We’ve used 37 players this season to get to Thursday, all of them AFL listed.
Those players outside the selected team will be well prepared should they be called upon. Having the team still playing VFL won’t make much difference.

The reserves are important for the development of young players. But I do chuckle a bit at posters who get so invested in the result of games. The VFL team would struggle to make finals in the EFL. AFL listed players are regularly played out of position or rested for the benefit of the AFL team. Top grade suburban players don’t play VFL unless they are aiming for an AFL contract.

Last edited:

you actually said you were surprised anyone cared about the vfl, or the vfl team. Or something like that. Nothing about the result.

totally different meaning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back