Autopsy VFL Elimination Final v Williamstown. Saturday Sept 2nd. 3pm @DSV Stadium. Charlie Dean's return!

Remove this Banner Ad

100% I do.

Was really his 1st Full Season at the Club.

Had some bad Moments but showed quite a Bit of Upside

IF Draper does get De-Listed then here are some Players I think should go before him:

• Kelly
  • Murley
  • Wilson
  • Richards
  • Bianco
Three of those players aren't that relevant to Draper.

Murley and Wilson aren't on the senior list, and Richards has a contract so will probably end up on the rookie list next year (even if I'd prefer him off the list entirely).

Overall, this season was as good as we could have hoped for. Beat Casey IN Casey, which is a tough thing to do. Smashed Richmond, Beat Carlton and Geelong.
Should have won a couple extra that we let slip, but we saw the development of some of the kids.

Saw how far Steene in particular (and Begg) has come in his development with less than a year on the list, not even a proper pre-season yet. Fin had his first consistent season even minus the back injury pre-season. Allan has shown he will be a beast once he grows up.
Saw debuts of Ryan and HH after showing enough at the lower level.

Finally got to see Charlie Dean.

All in all, pretty good. They can rest up soon enough and prepare for a 2024 (whomever is left, of course)

Overall, this season was as good as we could have hoped for. Beat Casey IN Casey, which is a tough thing to do. Smashed Richmond, Beat Carlton and Geelong.
Should have won a couple extra that we let slip, but we saw the development of some of the kids.

Saw how far Steene in particular (and Begg) has come in his development with less than a year on the list, not even a proper pre-season yet. Fin had his first consistent season even minus the back injury pre-season. Allan has shown he will be a beast once he grows up.
Saw debuts of Ryan and HH after showing enough at the lower level.

Finally got to see Charlie Dean.

All in all, pretty good. They can rest up soon enough and prepare for a 2024 (whomever is left, of course)
Reef hit a new lvl recently too, big pre season for him coming up.

Reef hit a new lvl recently too, big pre season for him coming up.
Yup, Reef seemed to get better as the season went on. His 2nd half of the season he did go to a new level. Good signs, big pre-season, hopefully gets fitter and can play a bit midfield next year.

100% I do.

Was really his 1st Full Season at the Club.

Had some bad Moments but showed quite a Bit of Upside

IF Draper does get De-Listed then here are some Players I think should go before him:

• Kelly
  • Murley
  • Wilson
  • Richards
  • Bianco
Why the hell are we delisting Bianco? 26 touches, 138 AFL Fantasy.

He's leaving but it'll be a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think Draper is going to be on the list next year? I don't see it personally.
Will be a nervy period for him. I don't think he'll be our first priority and it might come down to list spots. Say we traded for two players, he might be the unlucky one.

Have we offered him a contract?

Anyone who hasn't been offered a contract is on thin ice and no guarantee of getting an offer elsewhere.
Draper is toast I reckon. Not saying he's a total bust, he has some talent but he's not going to make it at AFL level clearly.

Draper I'd like to keep. Think there is uncapped potential there when played in the right spot. Has been pretty injury riddled last couple years. But has these moments where you get excited. How he moves, and breaks tackles with his big body is something else. But I'm unsure which way it'll go.
Could even re-rookie him.

I haven't heard about a contract but I think Gettable mentioned other clubs were interested.
Afl is a brutal industry. The likes of bianco, ruscoe, poulter etc might be good at vfl lvl, but afl lvl is a huge step up. All three have weaknesses that get exposed at afl lvl. Of the 3 ruscoe has the most potential IMO and in a team that’s not the no 1 defensive unit could get a game. We are very talented down back

Draper is toast I reckon. Not saying he's a total bust, he has some talent but he's not going to make it at AFL level clearly.
Everyone drafted has something to like, otherwise they don't get drafted. But you're looking at about 3 years and 30 games as the average.

VFL umpires are shocking
Yep but we lost today because of we couldn’t adjust to the conditions. Big shame because I was hoping we would have stand outs galore.

Ruscoe is a cut above VFL level and I reckon if we didn’t have Murphy he’d be playing ones. Bianco was solid. Finn tried at times, Krueger played better when the ball was connecting better with the forwards.

We just weren’t to kick long with any accuracy and the Gulls had our running game in check for most of the game.

Have a soft spot for them, happy to see them go through.

For us, no clear stands out for promotion. I suspect we go largely unchanged… aside from the obvious ins!

Draper I'd like to keep. Think there is uncapped potential there when played in the right spot. Has been pretty injury riddled last couple years. But has these moments where you get excited. How he moves, and breaks tackles with his big body is something else. But I'm unsure which way it'll go.
Could even re-rookie him.

Draper reminds me of Tyler brown. Does a few flashy things that make u go wow, but his overall body of work is just not there, and there’s no clear improvement trajectory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back