Preview Match Sim v North @ AIA - Wed Feb 21st. 10am. 4x25min

Remove this Banner Ad

Also needs to do the same once he has gained that 5-10m of separation and its time to deliver the ball downfield either trying to find a team mate or having a shot at goal.
This is usually a strength. Usually hits someone in this scenario, although I think he should take the responsibility to kick the goal a bit more often.

Based on the GF side, I'd make the following changes:
  • Frampton out for Kreuger - Kreuger can do just about everything that Frampton can (other than stay fit) - but better
  • Schultz for Ginnivan - no explanation required
  • Macrae for Murphy - with Crisp spending more time in the backline
agree with all the above except Krueger - his Ruck work is appalling and would be a huge liability.

Most 26 year old VFL players will outperform 21 year old AFL listed players in a VFL type intensity game. If Sullivan plays and can perform next week against Richmond in what should be a higher intensity game against better opposition then I’ll become a believer.
Yup agree. All I was going off was how he performed in comparison to others.
Yes 26 year old would out compete at VFL level.

But he’s also been overlooked in 748 drafts….so I was factoring that into the comments. I. Terms of time in the system.
Points to mature age recruited been favourable….but that another thread!

Irrelevant of the intensity and level, he was cleaner and more composed than those around him. By a fair margin.

Like you I’ll await further opportunities at a higher level. But damn I think he can fill a role for us.

Absolutely.
Doubt we’ll see both in the middle at the same time.

I’ve been harsh (probably unfairly) on both JDG and Nick attending CBA because they are both offensive.
I.e on the move at pace.

Beau is the same. On the move.
Win it we are having a shot. But lose it…..
We won that clearance late on GF day with Nick and Jordan.

Sweet 16

We won that clearance late on GF day with Nick and Jordan.

Sweet 16
Yes we absolutely did!!!
And it was glorious.

My point was more around what happens when we don’t win it.
It’s very high risk/reward.

Hoping to see more a balance this year.

Don’t get me wrong..I want both of them in there. But they both can’t charge through and be one and done.

Absolutely.

I’ve been harsh (probably unfairly) on both JDG and Nick attending CBA because they are both offensive.
I.e on the move at pace.

I think Nick Daicos had one of our highest % centre clearance per CBA last season. Certainly much higher than Pendlebury.

Someone like McCrae would make way for McCreery if the former became a regular. There is always the possibility that McCreery will step up a level too. Much may depend on what happens with Johnson and McInnes. If both are played, selection of smalls would be tight.
I’d like to see his kicking improve before we consider giving him major minutes in the midfield. Turnovers going inside 50 are devastating

I’d like to see his kicking improve before we consider giving him major minutes in the midfield. Turnovers going inside 50 are devastating
He is hardly perfection personified material at this stage, but the pivotal moments at crucial times in which he seems to become involved late in the game, are what will keep him in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely.

I.e on the move at pace.

Darce, Bruzzy, Howey and co will save our arse once more

Yes we absolutely did!!!
And it was glorious.

My point was more around what happens when we don’t win it.
It’s very high risk/reward.

Hoping to see more a balance this year.

Don’t get me wrong..I want both of them in there. But they both can’t charge through and be one and done.

I don't think you'll see a balance - I think our tactics will remain very scoreboard centric. We'll be full on attack when we want to score. They can and will play together when we're in scoring mode - but probably not when we're in holding mode - although I think Nick in particular is sharp enough to adjust into a defensive mode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back