Preview Match Sim v North @ AIA - Wed Feb 21st. 10am. 4x25min

Remove this Banner Ad

NORTH MELBOURNE V COLLINGWOOD

Wednesday, February 21, 10am (AEDT) at AIA Centre

(4 x 25 minute periods plus 2 x 5 minute scenarios at conclusion)

Magpies’ burning question:Are the youngsters ready for more responsibility?

A few Collingwood younger players have put their hands up for more senior opportunities in 2024 as the reigning premiers consider turning to their next crop. So who’s ready for more responsibility? Finlay Macrae shined in the club’s intra-club match and would a veteran midfield with an injection of youth it may need from a long-term perspective. Meanwhile Dan McStay’s ACL injury has opened up a key-position spot, with Reef McInnes, who’s also impressed over the pre-season, and Ash Johnson considered to be in the mix. Such names will get their first real chance against proper competition to boost their prospects of a Round 1 berth.

A community service announcement …

Please don’t meltdown and demand that everyone from Fly to Neil-the-bootstudder be summarily terminated if we lose to North / fail to defeat North by a kazillion goals / fail to meet whatever your expectations may be.

Nor will we have every Premiership in the bag between now and 2028 if we do whallop North by a kazillion goals.

It’s a pre-season game where coaches trial a bunch of different players and tactics. Nobody gives a rats clacker about the result.

For context, we got thumped by the Hawks down at Morwell in the 2022 practice game, and look at what’s happened since then.

This all might seem obvious, but it never fails to catch out some every season.

Not sure if its been announced but be interesting to see what squad sizes being used on Wed. AFL.site says its up to the clubs to decide.

This will be the match where possibles have the best chance to shine and stake a claim.

Players who seem likely to get a run based on the intraclub would be
Finn
Ed Allen
Sullivan
HH
Kreuger
AJ
Dean

Reckon they would be keen to give all these a go and maybe Reef although he struggled in the intraclub and you would think Kregs and AJ are the main ones under consideration for a marking forward spot.

Please don’t meltdown and demand that everyone from Fly to Neil-the-bootstudder be summarily terminated if we lose to North / fail to defeat North by a kazillion goals / fail to meet whatever your expectations may be.

Nor will we have every Premiership in the bag between now and 2028 if we do whallop North by a kazillion goals.

It’s a pre-season game where coaches trial a bunch of different players and tactics. Nobody gives a rats clacker about the result.

For context, we got thumped by the Hawks down at Morwell in the 2022 practice game, and look at what’s happened since then.

We also need to practice our post game melt down and delisting. Got to get into the habit of calling for WHE to be dropped, replying to numerous posters saying the Cox experiment is over, bagging my whipping boy Reef, comparing Nick to every Brownlow medalist ever and rage posting when we are 30 points down at half time only to come away with a good win.

Going to a hard season for me on bf as we are premiers and apart from probably 2 players I’m very happy with our list. Would like a young tall forward but no issues.

I promise not to post anything negative following the match sim or practice match. Just so you know my golden boys are AJ and Finn and as I’ve mentioned my whipping boy is Reef and Jack from the saints but I’m prepared to give him time that I didn’t give Oleg last year which I’m very sorry for. I stuffed that one up.

Am away next week, but will record the game on Fox Footy.

Realistically, it is only a practice match, so as long as we don't get injuries, l am happy. Think Lippa injured his shoulder in the practice match last year.

When l watch these games, l try to focus on the kids only as they are the ones who try to impress. The senior players you know what to expect and generally they play within themselves.

I don't think you understand the importance of pre-season. It's to practice and prepare for the real season.

The 19th man has to be ready for Round 0. We have to practice our anger and outrage. We have to be ready to make over the top angry outraged outbursts against GWS. We've got to build up our match conditioning to produce outstanding Game Day threads full of invective and spittle right from the start of the season.

Your thinking will leave us entering the season like a bunch of relaxed Chardonnay sipping cheese platter eating Melbourne fans. You're clearly suffering from a premiership hangover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we go Gabba rnd 3 and get our asses handed to us then reveal the flag on 5:10 on a Sunday damn who did we piss off this time

So we go Gabba rnd 3 and get our asses handed to us then reveal the flag on 5:10 on a Sunday damn who did we piss off this time
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s ass.

And don’t forget the game day thread. The meltdowns, demands for change and vaguely violent threats, even when we are in front. Sometimes by a lot.
We can learn a great deal from the Carlton board, it’s the one thing they have mastered above anything we could achieve, can see them improving this year.

it really is one of life’s great joys

We can learn a great deal from the Carlton board, it’s the one thing they have mastered above anything we could achieve, can see them improving this year.

it really is one of life’s great joys

Thanks for the reminder.

Hoping for an exemplary year on the Carlton board. Last season (before they went on their cute little match winning journey) was a lesson to us all in how to vomit on your own team.

It was just delightful. I often cried with happiness during that period. Then of course I cried with even greater happiness on GF day, in part due to their misery.

👍

Thanks for the reminder.

Hoping for an exemplary year on the Carlton board. Last season (before they went on their cute little match winning journey) was a lesson to us all in how to vomit on your own team.

It was just delightful. I often cried with happiness during that period. Then of course I cried with even greater happiness on GF day, in part due to their misery.

👍
Vicky Park I don’t know if I’ve said this before, but you have a beautiful way with words. Just beautiful. :handok:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back