VFL 2021 VFL R11 v Frankston (Sat 26-Jun 12.05pm @ Olympic Park) - [kayo freebies]

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, there's still a few who are unavailable isn't there. Add Greenwood, Howe, Johnson, Moore, T Brown, McInnes, Begg, and JDG at either senior or VFL level and this team improves a bit you'd reckon.

Gee, there's still a few who are unavailable isn't there. Add Greenwood, Howe, Johnson, Moore, T Brown, McInnes, Begg, and JDG at either senior or VFL level and this team improves a bit you'd reckon.
There's plenty of talent on the sidelines! It's really disappointing that Johnson can't play this week. We knew when we picked up Begg that we may not see him at all this year, but should have thought Johnson could be in the senior team fairly soon after we drafted him. If McInnes doesn't get to make a senior debut this year he could be a real "surprise packet" for us next year if he can at least get a decent pre-season behind him, as he appears to have a lot going for him. It's just cruel luck that a player who hardly got to play at all in 2020 is missing so much of 2021.

There's plenty of talent on the sidelines! It's really disappointing that Johnson can't play this week. We knew when we picked up Begg that we may not see him at all this year, but should have thought Johnson could be in the senior team fairly soon after we drafted him. If McInnes doesn't get to make a senior debut this year he could be a real "surprise packet" for us next year if he can at least get a decent pre-season behind him, as he appears to have a lot going for him. It's just cruel luck that a player who hardly got to play at all in 2020 is missing so much of 2021.
From what I read, they aren't rushing Johnston. They think he needs more time in the system, and he isn't a quick fix, but more have a long term view with him. So he'll be ready when he is ready.

Injuries and our lack of experienced depth players across the squad is really starting to bite now.

Cal v Macrae v Sier in the centre square will be an interesting selection trial in what must be the most inexperienced VFL side we have fielded in living memory.

I guess the upside is plenty of opportunity for our recruits to show what they’ve got to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Going through the selected list of 26 there's quite a few changes from our last match against Sydney way back in R5.

In: Keane, Wilson, Lynch, C. Brown, Ruscoe, Henry, Sier, Tohill, Wallace, Hart
Out: Bianco, Madgen, Cox (all AFL), Selwood (AFL assistant coach), Moyle (Gold Coast), Dib (Oakleigh)

Going through the selected list of 26 there's quite a few changes from our last match against Sydney way back in R5.

In: Keane, Wilson, Lynch, C. Brown, Ruscoe, Henry, Sier, Tohill, Wallace, Hart
Out: Bianco, Madgen, Cox (all AFL), Selwood (AFL assistant coach), Moyle (Gold Coast), Dib (Oakleigh)
VFL Team Selection: Pies v Dolphins (collingwoodfc.com.au)
It's a much changed team, that's for sure! I see they've also made some minor changes to the lineup/squad from how it looked last night, with Sam Collins and Lochlan Jenkins going out, and Sam Glover, Isaac Wallace (who played one game for the club back in 2017) and Will Hart coming in.

VFL Team Selection: Pies v Dolphins (collingwoodfc.com.au)
It's a much changed team, that's for sure! I see they've also made some minor changes to the lineup/squad from how it looked last night, with Sam Collins and Lochlan Jenkins going out, and Sam Glover, Isaac Wallace (who played one game for the club back in 2017) and Will Hart coming in.
I seen you posted the list last night, but didn't compare it to what was on the 'pies site this morning. Looking at it now Collins and Jenkins were both named under different jumper numbers to this player list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All emergencies named. I can't decide who will be be the sub for tomorrows game.
I'm guessing they'll go with Callum Brown, since he did a reasonable job the last time and they might think it important to get game time into Macrae and Wilson. Plus they probably don't want another tall player in Lynch as the sub. If they opt for Lynch this VFL side is going to struggle to come up with a ruckman, with Cox (rather strangely) elevated and Moyle gone!

I'm guessing they'll go with Callum Brown, since he did a reasonable job the last time and they might think it important to get game time into Macrae and Wilson. Plus they probably don't want another tall player in Lynch as the sub. If they opt for Lynch this VFL side is going to struggle to come up with a ruckman, with Cox (rather strangely) elevated and Moyle gone!
Plus the vfl team will do lynch to ruck with no back up now. Surely with Moyle gone, we put another U19 ruck player to our development list

Injuries and our lack of experienced depth players across the squad is really starting to bite now.

Cal v Macrae v Sier in the centre square will be an interesting selection trial in what must be the most inexperienced VFL side we have fielded in living memory.

I guess the upside is plenty of opportunity for our recruits to show what they’ve got to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah we have a very healthy squad. Only Howe and Moore are injured from our best 22 which is remarkable given the fragility of years gone by. Our depth is just that bad…

Callum Brown isn't playing this game (Lynch, Macrae and Wilson are), so it looks certain that he'll be the sub for the main game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back