eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:
Hey EDPS. Who are the standout Keyforwards this year? Have a feeling Fremantle may be chasing 2 Keyforwards in the offseason

Hey EDPS. Who are the standout Keyforwards this year? Have a feeling Fremantle may be chasing 2 Keyforwards in the offseason
Currently the standout is Sam Darcy and you have a few others like Williams, Amiss and Van Rooyen currently in the 15-40 range. Players like Mac Andrew and Josh Gibcus could become forwards aswell but both look better in the ruck and down back respectively.

Currently the standout is Sam Darcy and you have a few others like Williams, Amiss and Van Rooyen currently in the 15-40 range. Players like Mac Andrew and Josh Gibcus could become forwards aswell but both look better in the ruck and down back respectively.

Any chance you could give us top ratings for key forwards, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts? Even 2-5 as I think Darcy would be the number 1 rated.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you see any of the three main WA KPP's (Van Rooyen, Williams and Amiss) having skillsets that would translate well to defence?

Any chance you could give us top ratings for key forwards, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts? Even 2-5 as I think Darcy would be the number 1 rated.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
For players who have played mostly key forward I’d have it as this but it’s very close

1 Darcy
2 Amiss
3 Williams
4 Van Rooyen
5 Rentsch

Should Melbourne get Mac Andrew if he doesn't go top 20. Gawn still has a couple of years left in him and Jackson looks like he'll go alright so they don't really need to go pick up another young ruckman.

Do you see any of the three main WA KPP's (Van Rooyen, Williams and Amiss) having skillsets that would translate well to defence?
Just about any key position player has the ability to be versatile. Usually if your a dead set gun forward there is no need to play down back. Williams has spent the most time in defence out of the 3 and has looked decent, JVR has started to play down back the last few weeks and might need more time to get used to it.

Amiss could but with such a great set shot technique it would probably be a waste using him down back

Should Melbourne get Mac Andrew if he doesn't go top 20. Gawn still has a couple of years left in him and Jackson looks like he'll go alright so they don't really need to go pick up another young ruckman.
Yep Andrew could still be anything, has looked best in the ruck but no reason why he couldn’t become a very good defender or forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to read it twice. Thought I was a dumbass.

Which would you rather, Peak Gaz or Cameron Sutcliffe?

I had to read it twice. Thought I was a dumbass.

Which would you rather, Peak Gaz or Cameron Sutcliffe?
How many brownlow medallists has Gaz successfully locked down? checkmate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back