NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I gave the main reason earlier in the week for a delay & passed on what would happen with Premier before it was released.šŸ˜œ at least BM listens.

Enjoying some ā€˜theoriesā€™ though. Most premier clubs are not brokeā€¦ā€¦.. one week rent, salary capā€¦ā€¦. What next?
My discussion wasn't about Prem or Div 1 Seniors not playing it was about why the U19's weren't playing. So if that isn't a reason why aren't the U19's playing?
Nobody gets paid, lots of them don't work, there's not really much of a crowd so only minimal food sales and no bar sales at all.

Last edited:

It is a strange decision. Unfortunately with the situation in NSW I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen the last of lockdown. Hopefully it comes after the season but stillā€¦ not sure weā€™re in a position to be electing not to play on a Saturday.

I might be missing something but what are they actually doing at training that is so important? I know clubs that had a decent session Weds night then a light run Thurs. Combine that with the boys doing their own training in lockdown. Not ideal but wouldnā€™t have thought it was a huge issue.

Precious isn't it. The VFL are playing. All the grades in the VAFA are playing. Same with EFL, NFNL, SFNL, WRFL and the RDFNL. Only two divisions in the EFNL aren't.

Basically what you and BM miss is the big picture.Would think lack of training for not playing this week end is a lesser reason for not playing.The bigger picture especially for the home clubs is loss of income if we play.Not all clubs in the top 2 grades are in the black money wise and we are OK but important all clubs do not get into debt.

Basically what you and BM miss is the big picture.Would think lack of training for not playing this week end is a lesser reason for not playing.The bigger picture especially for the home clubs is loss of income if we play.Not all clubs in the top 2 grades are in the black money wise and we are OK but important all clubs do not get into debt.
Well, why is it two grades in the EFNL aren't playing but every other team in all the Melbourne Metropolitan competitions are.
It's great that the EFNL spoke to all the clubs, but aren't they there as the league's administration. It's their job isn't it, to make decisions in the best interests of the League and not leave it up to clubs to make decisions. Because self interest always gets in the way.
Anyway, while watching the live stream of the game, I noticed that someone had described the East Burwood ground as the MCG of the east. I though you must have been watching and got carried away.

Last edited:
Well, why is it two grades in the EFNL aren't playing but every other team in all the Melbourne Metropolitan competitions are.
It's great that the EFNL spoke to all the clubs, but aren't they there as the league's administration. It's their job isn't it, to make decisions in the best interests of the League and not leave it up to clubs to make decisions. Because self interest always gets in the way.
Anyway, while watching the live stream of the game, I noticed that someone had described the East Burwood ground as the MCG of the east. I though you must have been watching and got carried away.

Basically you should re read my post.Would you like me to name premier and D1 clubs who are struggling at the moment financially which I will not at this stage.I think correct call by these clubs to not play if in debt..East Burwood the MCG of the East,lol.they play on the the East Burwood Cricket ground which is EBCG of the east perhaps,lol.

Really no reason to believe the financial situation in EFNL top two divisions is any different to the rest of the league or any other league.

Plus we have people right here telling us itā€™s not a financial thing anyway.

It really is a strange decision not to play.

Really no reason to believe the financial situation in EFNL top two divisions is any different to the rest of the league or any other league.

Plus we have people right here telling us itā€™s not a financial thing anyway.

It really is a strange decision not to play.
So are you suggesting that clubs that are in debt play home games and go further into debt and play on their home grounds with no canteen,no gate money no revenue from social rooms etc and you want them to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are you suggesting that clubs that are in debt play home games and go further into debt.

Then those clubs obviously have some very serious issues if losing out on 100 people paying to watch a game is the difference between survival or not.

But what massive bills would these home clubs have had to endure that would send them bankrupt?

So are you suggesting that clubs that are in debt play home games and go further into debt and play on their home grounds with no canteen,no gate money no revenue from social rooms etc and you want them to play.

Rest of EFL played

All of SFL played

All of MPNFL played

All of NFL played

All of EDFL played

All of VAFA played

All of WRFL played

It is plainly a strange decision

Then those clubs obviously have some very serious issues if losing out on 100 people paying to watch a game is the difference between survival or not.

But what massive bills would these home clubs have had to endure that would send them bankrupt?

With home games the main revenue of cause comes from gate receipts,canteen and bar sales and more importantly social functions organised lunch times within our roooms and of cause after match.Send bankrupt not sure about that one but lets say my club had 3 games away with no crowds allowed I would be fairly happy with that but would rather be there and my thoughts are with those home clubs./

Outer East did not play.I ask you question how many clubs followed the no crowd rules and I have plenty of replies they did not

Clubs canā€™t follow the rules other than closing their rooms. Brad Scott is head of AFL Vic and said as much - weā€™re not police or security guards.

Everybody knows the rules, itā€™s up to them whether they follow them. If police wanted to roll up and fine people they can.

Basically you should re read my post.Would you like me to name premier and D1 clubs who are struggling at the moment financially which I will not at this stage.I think correct call by these clubs to not play if in debt..East Burwood the MCG of the East,lol.they play on the the East Burwood Cricket ground which is EBCG of the east perhaps,lol.
Are you suggesting that Nunawading and Croydon North MLOC who played, are doing better financially than a number of Premier and D1 clubs.
I bet Croydon North are happy they played!

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that Nunawading and Croydon North MLOC who played, are doing better financially than a number of Premier and D1 clubs.
I bet Croydon North are happy they played!

Croydon North yes,on field they won.I would think with both those 2 clubs the players have to pay to play not like the top 2 divisions.Your post confuses me.

Croydon North yes,on field they won.I would think with both those 2 clubs the players have to pay to play not like the top 2 divisions.Your post confuses me.

What's confusing part GMac? You argued earlier that some teams teams in Prem and Div 1 are doing it hard financially. I was simply comparing the financial position of a couple of teams that did play (Nunawading and Croydon North). Why did they play? Was it possible because they financially better off? That's hard to believe isn't it.
What I do believe is that it is likely the self interest of the clubs in Prem and Div 1 has prevailed in the decision not to play.

Unrelated news, but apparently Beaconsfield have approached the EFL about following in Berwickā€™s footsteps. Just to stuff up promotion and relegation even further šŸ˜‚

Wait for Narre Warren to follow them. There's no competition for them in the outer east.

Interested to see what Croydon does this weekend if restrictions stay in place

They usually erect temporary fencing around the oval so they can funnel people in at the gates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back