Autopsy Round 21, 2021: Hawthorn smack Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft picks v winning late season games. What would you prefer, is a tough decision

You‘d have been hard pressed to lose to that Collingwood team. They are pretty poor.

Congrats on the win (as usual :rolleyes: :mad:).
I was posting on our board that Ceglar is a good ruckman. Thought he easily was the best ruckman on the ground today. Dominic03 tells me's "terrible".... is that how you guys feel about him?

He's feast or famine. Big difference between his best and worst games.

And Kane Cornes reckons we have the worst list?!! Still got a good half a dozen of the starting 22 out. Also got guys like Jeka, Callow, Greaves, Reeves, Downie, Maginness and our top 4 pick pushing for selection.

With a fit list, I'd back us for a finals birth next year.

Just going to pump up my own tyres first. I said last year before he was delisted and re-rookied that Dylan Moore was capable of being a goal a game player and we should be retaining him. He's actually gone even better than that. Shame he didn't kick that third today because it probably ends in Brownlow votes if he does.

I was also in the minority (I think) of wanting us to win today. Winning culture is good culture.

Makes it even sweeter that our next generation had solid games today in Moorey, Kosi, Bramble and Scrimshaw just to name a few.

Also I was watching without commentary, but what was Worpels injury?

ps. For anybody interested, here is the house he just bought on the weekend.

looks like a bargain at that price

Or maybe he says "see I was right". We have been building for 10 weeks. It didnt suddenly happen last week.

The fawning over Mitchell who is still just an assistant coach is ridiculous. Clarko is doing this.
That's bullshit. So clarko has put Nash and Hanrahan in the midfield? Please.

Congrats on the win (as usual :rolleyes: :mad:).
I was posting on our board that Ceglar is a good ruckman. Thought he easily was the best ruckman on the ground today. Dominic03 tells me's "terrible".... is that how you guys feel about him?
He played a pretty good game, but he's genuinely the most inconsistent player in the competition. Terrible is how i'd put him. Can do this and then be genuinely the worst player on the ground the next week. Did it with his Sydney game where he dominated Hickey and then got dominated every way possible against Draper.

That's bullshit. So clarko has put Nash and Hanrahan in the midfield? Please.

Nash wasnt in the middle in our wins against Swans or GWS nor our draw against Melbourne. And there are 17 other players out there.

So yes. Mitchell recommended one of the 18. Nash was moderately influential last week and moderately influential this week. Wingard and Mitchell were both great again. And our goal kickers other than Nash's one were players Clarko picked.

How many centre bounces did Hanrahan do ?

Had the usual Hawks v Pies catch up at the local and ended up on the right side of the ledger again. Thx Hawks. Love Moore. Super player. A lot to like and Clarko still gets a side up even when nothing is on the line. Amazing.

He played a pretty good game, but he's genuinely the most inconsistent player in the competition. Terrible is how i'd put him. Can do this and then be genuinely the worst player on the ground the next week. Did it with his Sydney game where he dominated Hickey and then got dominated every way possible against Draper.
yeah your board is all saying the same thing. Can star one week then be horrible for the next three and repeat.

Nash wasnt in the middle in our wins against Swans or GWS nor our draw against Melbourne. And there are 17 other players out there.

So yes. Mitchell recommended one of the 18. Nash was moderately influential last week and moderately influential this week. Wingard and Mitchell were both great again. And our goal kickers other than Nash's one were players Clarko picked.

How many centre bounces did Hanrahan do ?
Morris gone to HB at Box Hill and killing em too. Finn tagging and now gone to HB at BH. Not sure how you can't see there is a change of thinking with certain players driven by Sam which has infiltrated the senior team now too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris gone to HB at Box Hill and killing em too. Finn tagging and now gone to HB at BH. Not sure how you can't see there is a change of thinking with certain players driven by Sam which has infiltrated the senior team now too.

Most Box Hill games have been against poor teams. The VFL has been gutted by the AFL.

Many players are changing yes, which is the point with a young team. But there is a head coach and half a dozen other assistants. They all have input. We arent suddenly winning because Mitchell pushed for 1 change.

Its been building for 10 weeks. We were 2nd for goals from turnovers before today since the Bye. We were 9th for wins in the previous 8 games before today.

Actually blown away by Moore’s running power today, this a breakthrow game to the next level

Round 23 vs Gold Coast (1 Brownlow vote). Gets a one year contract extension as a result.

Nek minute…

Has a career best season

2021: 20 games - 27 goals

:D

As an aside, do you think Mitchell persists with two rucks? I feel like they played ceglar today (and I bet for the rest of the year) to give him trade currency. He shows up with a lot of marks on the wings. A few teams would find that valuable.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see BB resting a bit next year and Reeves going alone. Especially if they keep TOB as a swing man.
Reeves doing the bulk of the ruckwork is the only viable option we have. We can be thankful this week the oppo wasn’t able to capitalise on their clearance domination. A better team will take us to the cleaners.

Actually blown away by Moore’s running power today, this a breakthrow game to the next level

You shouldn’t be - was a very high level junior athlete - Stawell 800m winner as a teenager and was pretty handy over the spring distances as well. Tested really well at draft camp - won the sprint repeat efforts and top 5 in 2k time trial

His work rate and attitude off field is elite, been banging on about all this ever since he was drafted

So we backed up last weeks performance with a similar sort of win this week, or be it against lesser opposition. Tom Mitchell was outstanding, thought Scrimshaw and Moore also had very good games. As much as losing draft position is annoying, it was encouraging seeing us play pretty well in concecutive weeks and move to 4-4-1 post bye.

Nash seems to have found himself as a midfielder.

Olly would be feeling very nervous about his spot on the list.

I can't wait until we get the final piece of the defensive puzzle to replace Hartigan.

Most Box Hill games have been against poor teams. The VFL has been gutted by the AFL.

Many players are changing yes, which is the point with a young team. But there is a head coach and half a dozen other assistants. They all have input. We arent suddenly winning because Mitchell pushed for 1 change.

Its been building for 10 weeks. We were 2nd for goals from turnovers before today since the Bye. We were 9th for wins in the previous 8 games before today.

How many years do you plan on doing the "If we only still had Clarko" routine? I'm not saying you can't do it, I just need to prepare myself for a long game I suspect.

the only disappointing thing for me in this game was ollie

i saw him played around the middle a little but just couldn't get involved enough

i want him to get one more game playing pure mid, but if we don't give it to him id suggest that means hes probably done for

he looked so promising for periods in 19 and was really awesome in the Box Hill premiership
He just looks to lite and not enough tricks to have sustained impact.

So we backed up last weeks performance with a similar sort of win this week, or be it against lesser opposition. Tom Mitchell was outstanding, thought Scrimshaw and Moore also had very good games. As much as losing draft position is annoying, it was encouraging seeing us play pretty well in concecutive weeks and move to 4-4-1 post bye.

Nash seems to have found himself as a midfielder.

Olly would be feeling very nervous about his spot on the list.

I can't wait until we get the final piece of the defensive puzzle to replace Hartigan.

Yeah reckon Ollie is likely delisted. Has had great form in the VFL but is too small for the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back