Autopsy Round 21, 2021: Hawthorn smack Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Can dylan Moore make the all Australian squad of 40 ? Outside of toby Greene who has been more consistent then him as a small forward.

Can dylan Moore make the all Australian squad of 40 ? Outside of toby Greene who has been more consistent then him as a small forward.

Fritsch has also been good. Knowing the AA selectors they'll throw a few midfielders in there too.

Lewis and Kozzi are starting to hit the packs dam hard, really helps bring smalls and co into the forward pressure - defenders aren’t taking as many marks either

I really liked burgyones game today, having the younger guys step up allows him to play his role and his still damaging - he is almost 39 (what the f!)

I reckon we are going to be very active come trade period. Howe is worth a second round pick. If TOM does want to go - top 10 pick or GTFO. Ceglar has value - is worth at least a third round pick

I hope we keep Hallhahsn. If if he does go
is worth at least a late second early third round pick

No idea what Gunston is with given his back issues

Nothing makes me happier than seeing players live up to their potential - Moore, Nash and I thought Hallahan showed some good signs. Just need Maginess to come on and I’ll have my trifecta ticked off 😉

Without derailing - Gunners could be in a Mark Williams situation. At his age, missing a season isn’t great. He’s been great but would still have value.

I reckon we are going to be very active come trade period. Howe is worth a second round pick. If TOM does want to go - top 10 pick or GTFO. Ceglar has value - is worth at least a third round pick

I hope we keep Hallhahsn. If if he does go
is worth at least a late second early third round pick

No idea what Gunston is with given his back issues

Nothing makes me happier than seeing players live up to their potential - Moore, Nash and I thought Hallahan showed some good signs. Just need Maginess to come on and I’ll have my trifecta ticked off 😉
I would argue that keeping Cegs as a back up ruck for Big Boy and Reeves is worth more than a potential 3rd round pick

Cegs is a capable AFL ruck at worst and doubt you get the reciprocal value back in a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Breust.

Let’s all hope and prey that Brockman can develop a work ethic to rival Moore and Punky and if he can then we have 3 elite small forwards going forward, I think Punky has 4 good years left in him.

I agree with you though, Moore is making every post a winner. The thing I like about him is that he has Paul Hudson like goal sense.

Last edited:
Wonder if there is a moment where Clarko sits back and says "sh*t Sammy you were right"...

It's a pity the two minds won't get a year together.

Or maybe he says "see I was right". We have been building for 10 weeks. It didnt suddenly happen last week.

The fawning over Mitchell who is still just an assistant coach is ridiculous. Clarko is doing this.

Without derailing - Gunners could be in a Mark Williams situation. At his age, missing a season isn’t great. He’s been great but would still have value.
I feel we need someone like Gunners in our forward line next year; we have a relatively young group down there. They are dying for some leadership and direction. Gunners fits the role perfectly.

the only disappointing thing for me in this game was ollie

i saw him played around the middle a little but just couldn't get involved enough

i want him to get one more game playing pure mid, but if we don't give it to him id suggest that means hes probably done for

he looked so promising for periods in 19 and was really awesome in the Box Hill premiership

Just going to pump up my own tyres first. I said last year before he was delisted and re-rookied that Dylan Moore was capable of being a goal a game player and we should be retaining him. He's actually gone even better than that. Shame he didn't kick that third today because it probably ends in Brownlow votes if he does.

I was also in the minority (I think) of wanting us to win today. Winning culture is good culture.

Makes it even sweeter that our next generation had solid games today in Moorey, Kosi, Bramble and Scrimshaw just to name a few.

Also I was watching without commentary, but what was Worpels injury?

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears they really favour ruckman…all four in the top 9 players…complete garbage system as far as I can tell…

Yeah I think their scale is still set up to provide weight to roles that didn't get much footy, problem now is rucks are frequently in the game of getting a lot of possessions which means they've gone from underrated to overrated.

Congrats on the win (as usual :rolleyes: :mad:).
I was posting on our board that Ceglar is a good ruckman. Thought he easily was the best ruckman on the ground today. Dominic03 tells me's "terrible".... is that how you guys feel about him?

his best is actually really good, he was our ruckman during the 14 finals series (bar the granny) and held up well

he has maybe 3-4 games a year where he's Grundy-esque — dominates games. Then the other 18-19 he gets absolutely destroyed. If he could be somewhere in between for an entire year he'd be a more than servicable ruckman but the wild swings in form are just unsustainable. He's quite good around the ground and in the contest, but disastrous in the hitouts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back