Next weeks game bigger than a final

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling Melbourne will win their remaining two games. That means if we win against Port, we finish 2nd. If we lose, we finish 5th.

I don't even want to think about losing to Port, finishing 5th, and possibly handing Essendon their first finals win in 17 years.

The bookies effectively rate us a 70% chance of finishing top four. We were a 99% chance two weeks ago.
It’s really interesting as I think Port will start $1.8 against us and I’d have Brisbane at least $1.5 vs Eagles at the Gabba. Brisbane currently $3.4 on Betfair to make the 4 which is odd to consider they have drifted based on someone posting last night they were $2.75

It’s really interesting as I think Port will start $1.8 against us and I’d have Brisbane at least $1.5 vs Eagles at the Gabba. Brisbane currently $3.4 on Betfair to make the 4 which is odd to consider they have drifted based on someone posting last night they were $2.75
Port won't start at $1.80 against us if you use the current top four odds as a guide. The fact we're trading between $1.39 to $1.45 for top four probably means we'll trade at somewhere in the $1.60s to beat Port.

1628985612898.png

You guys won’t lose to Port. Bookmark it.

Can I ask on what basis you say this?

We have been so disappointing last two weeks every other club including your club has managed to secure their spot in top 4 except the Dogs who have lost to the Bumbers and a Hawks team missing some very good players.

Anyway, I have a feeling we'll make a huge statement against Port. These are the types of games we get ourselves up for.

We know it's a mini final, and next week's match will be a preview to what our mindset will be for finals. Fair to say our mindset in our past two finals hasn't been up to standard. I want to see the right mindset and it starts against Port in five nights from now.

Those two weak as piss moments from JJ and English yesterday better not happen again. The consequences of not going hard far outweigh the consequences of throwing your body on the line for your teammates, coaches, supporters and even yourself. Fix that up and we're half way there.

Yeah, far from it..

Vent about the game but then pick yourselves up..

This "never going to win again" bullshit while we are in lockdown and predicted to be for some time ... we need some positivity not sky is falling crap

And what about those hoping we lose two in a row to "end it all". Ffs that is pathetic
Get your hand off it.

People are allowed to vent and be angry with the club at present.

I’m sick of people telling others how they can act on here.

Anyway, I have a feeling we'll make a huge statement against Port. These are the types of games we get ourselves up for.

We know it's a mini final, and next week's match will be a preview to what our mindset will be for finals. Fair to say our mindset in our past two finals hasn't been up to standard. I want to see the right mindset and it starts against Port in five nights from now.

Those two weak as piss moments from JJ and English yesterday better not happen again. The consequences of not going hard far outweigh the consequences of throwing your body on the line for your teammates, coaches, supporters and even yourself. Fix that up and we're half way there.

I like the sentiment & I too am expecting we bounce back but on the logic of getting ourselves up for big games we shouldn't have s**t the bed v GWS & the Saints the last 2 years in finals.

Hope I'm wrong & the tide can turn quickly as this list as so much potential.

Get your hand off it.

Have a sook. You're missing the point.

People like you will be the first to jump straight back on the bandwagon, as quickly as you jump off

Get your hand off it.

We have the worst supporters in the league. It's actually embarrassing. Without appropriate leadership within the supporter ranks, there's no one to provide guidance to ensure we're doing our bit to make our club better overall.

Supporters make a club, whether you wish to acknowledge that or not.

Do you honestly think supporters don't play an integral part in attracting new supporters? Why would any foreigner want to support a club whose supporters have so much negatively and hostility towards their own?

Why would any foreigner want to support a club whose supporters have so much negatively and hostility towards their own?
Perhaps I should reconsider my team choice? ;)

Have a sook. You're missing the point.

People like you will be the first to jump straight back on the bandwagon, as quickly as you jump off
Did I hit a nerve there? I’m just saying to let people be, but you clearly like having a dig at people.

Been here a long time and a member of the club for practically all of my adult life. Try again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps I should reconsider my team choice? ;)
In 2032 when overseas travel is finally allowed, I nominate you to be our USA supporter Ambassador. With your wisdom and leadership, you'll have an integral part in expanding our international supporter base.

We need someone cool, calm and collected for the role, and you'll be perfect.

We have the worst supporters in the league. It's actually embarrassing. Without appropriate leadership within the supporter ranks, there's no one to provide guidance to ensure we're doing our bit to make our club better overall.

Supporters make a club, whether you wish to acknowledge that or not.

Do you honestly think supporters don't play an integral part in attracting new supporters? Why would any foreigner want to support a club whose supporters have so much negatively and hostility towards their own?
You’re taking life and BigFooty too seriously.

Supporters will always come in many forms.

Can I ask on what basis you say this?

We have been so disappointing last two weeks every other club including your club has managed to secure their spot in top 4 except the Dogs who have lost to the Bumbers and a Hawks team missing some very good players.

I posted on your board after you lose to the Bombers (we lost to GWS the same weekend) that both our teams clearly lacked motivation / intensity in those games. Every team is allowed a mulligan or two and we both had them on the same weekend.

You were poor against Hawks yesterday but probably underestimated them a bit too. Games in Tasmania are tricky, unique conditions, windy etc. We had to battle for four quarters to beat NM in Tasmania a few weeks ago. Plus, as shown on TV pre-match, since the Clarko stuff went down Hawks have been top 2-4 in the comp in a lot of key stats. They’d drawn with Dees and beaten Brisbane in the last month - definitely nothing to sneeze at.

The Dogs haven’t been in a ‘do or die’ game all year but you will be next week. Plus on your preferred deck at Marvel. I am certain that your intensity and tackling pressure will be through the roof.

You also missed marking targets y’day. Surely you bring in JUH, play English forward etc next week. Naughton is super but can’t do it on his own.

From an outsider’s POV, Bont has seemed in cruise control for a couple of weeks. He’ll turn it on v Port.

Finally - don’t be fooled by Port. They’re a decent team but all year long they’ve been a rung behind Dees, Dogs and Cats. They’ve failed every test against top 4 teams. Their midfield gets overwhelmed and yours is the best in the comp.

In 2032 when overseas travel is finally allowed, I nominate you to be our USA supporter Ambassador. With your wisdom and leadership, you'll have an integral part in expanding our international supporter base.

We need someone cool, calm and collected for the role, and you'll be perfect.
Actually in 2010 during my visit to Melbourne while at the President's Luncheon prior to our match against Hawthorn, I was asked by the club to email President Obama explaining my love of the club encouraging him to accept Bulldogs membership on his planned trip to Melbourne. Unfortunately the trip was postponed. I'm quite sure that the President would have accepted the offer after my spiel. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back