Votes: 15 11.4%
  • B Scott

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 17.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This so much.
The best coach in the league wouldn’t get much more out of this lot. Their list is garbage. A few genuine stars surrounded by mercenaries and blokes not up to it
Walsh and Cripps are excellent. Weitering as well.

As for the rest? Not sure. I miss SOS though.

SOS traded a 1st for Stoker, passed on Kosi Pickett for Philp, and bid on Henry at 9 so there's always hope he'll come back to the club and we can see his brilliance again.

Walsh and Cripps are excellent. Weitering as well.

As for the rest? Not sure. I miss SOS though.

SOS traded a 1st for Stoker, passed on Kosi Pickett for Philp, and bid on Henry at 9 so there's always hope he'll come back to the club and we can see his brilliance again.
SOS never traded a first for Stocker, just a first round pick swap with the Crows.

I was of the opinion that Lyon would be a good fit for us right now but with Clarkson coming on to the market, it will depend on whether the Blues want to pay the big money or not.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Clarkson already has signed on to another club hence the reason he has announced he's leaving the Hawks. My money is on Pies or Blues if that is the case.

Last edited:
I was of the opinion that Lyon would be a good fit for us right now but with Clarkson coming on to the market, it will depend on whether the Blues want to play the big money or not.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Clarkson already has signed on to another club hence the reason he has announced he's leaving the Hawks. My money is on Pies or Blues if that is the case.
He would be fantastic for either and I suspect you are right.

Probably means the AFL haven’t had the chance to put their mega deal to him to coach the Suns either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ... Why would you WANT to coach there?

Comfortably - and I do mean COMFORTABLY - the worst run club in the AFL. Absolute rank amateurs who still think Carlton s**t doesn't stink.

They need to unhook themselves from Mathieson and Pratt cash and actually appoint real administrators - because they will never stop being a joke until they do.

And believe me, as an Essendon fan, I enjoy the fact that every couple of years their obtuse fanbase starts to think it's all coming good.

NEWSFLASH:

It never will so long as you keep those fools at the head of the club.

Christ... Why would you WANT to coach there?

Comfortably - and I do mean COMFORTABLY - the worst run club in the AFL. Absolute rank amateurs who still think Carlton sh*t doesn't stink.

They need to unhook themselves from Mathieson and Pratt cash and actually appoint real administrators - because they will never stop being a joke until they do.

And believe me, as an Essendon fan, I enjoy the fact that every couple of years their obtuse fanbase starts to think it's all coming good.

NEWSFLASH:

It never will so long as you keep those fools at the head of the club.

Its sad their best administrator in the last 25 has been a chain smoking drunk.

Wont make a lick of difference. Club is broken.

Which is why they need to back up a truckload of cash at Clarkson's house.

You're right - culturally this club is broken. We're seeing it this week with their refusal to make a decision on Teague.

But I reckon there are literally 2 guys in the country that could fix it - the first is Clarkson, the second is Fagan. Through an incredible set of circumstances one of those guys has now become available, so they literally need to make him (comfortably) the highest paid coach in the league and get him in.

Lyon could get them top 4. The bones of the list are there. Guys like Ed Curnow, Plowman will play well under him, might be best to trade Saad though.

Zero chance Lyon can get them top 4. Have you seen their midfield. Consists of 1!! Given that midfield, one can strongly argue Teague over achieved.
The guy has been crucified and embarrassed for what is a terrible list. I mean c'mon, Williams was recruited as an inside mid. It was laughable at the time and even more so today.

Back