• Pick 8 and 27 with 18 coming back

Votes: 41 25.3%
  • pick 8 with 18 coming back

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • 2nd round pick

Votes: 53 32.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm taking this chance to encourage everyone to vote in the two threads that are more important than spitballing about Neale

If you havent already please vote for the Board MVP and Post Of The year

Board MVP:

Post of the Year

Yeah I know, but it was a closer and more informed opinion than most on here would know. I had certainly assumed that his management had been behind the leak (as it is usually) but would be very disappointed if Freo wanted Neale and had stuffed this up by giving out the information without permission. Lachie and wife are now being stalked on media and outside their house - I don't think they will be happy if it wasn't meant to come out yet.
Neale's close people (cough his Dad cough) were leaking stuff for a while. Every journalist had rumours from the people they get rumours from (you'd be surprised who these people are) and were 10% off going with the story. Daniels got enough to go with it and went with it. Whether he got that final 10% from Neales camp or us, I dont know

Draft thanks FFC. If Tim Kelly and his partner, who actually have multiple children (and with disabilities) managed to stay in Victoria to play out his contract, then I'm sure Neale and his partner can survive another 12 months. We owe Neale no favors and shouldn't be compromising our draft hand to accommodate this unprofessional. Also **** Neales' dad, whose contacting this guy and why is he choosing to publicly comment on it? You and your family started this rubbish.

He was an absolute bell-ended campaigner but credit where credits due. I would've thought snagging the tag "creg" this late in the game was impossible. Still an absolute muppet of epic proportions though...
I think because he is a double bell-ended campaigner is why he is called creg.

Lol, talking about Lyon, the CEO process and Eagles drug history in a senior coaching presentation. The thing is this idiot wasn't even going to be interviewed by us, it's just him and his friends in the media caused a ruckus about him being the next coach so the club in a professional manner just let him come and have the podium to dribble on for a bit.

Lol, talking about Lyon, the CEO process and Eagles drug history in a senior coaching presentation. The thing is this idiot wasn't even going to be interviewed by us, it's just him and his friends in the media caused a ruckus about him being the next coach so the club in a professional manner just let him come and have the podium to dribble on for a bit.
Haha, using the word ‘tinker’ & pretending to be deaf when you don’t know the answer is probably not ideal when interviewing for an AFL gig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our center has Cerra out the door, an aging (and half broken) Fyfe and an aged Mundy. That's a lot of quality that needs consideration to be have a chance at being competitive.

If Neale was a free agent, hell yes, get him now. For that matter, any good free agent with 2+ years left in them- and one for our forward line.

But we really need to use our precious high draft picks with an eye on the next decade. We will rise up the ladder, consequently our draft picks are going to turn to crap soon and stay crap for years, as our yoof are getting more experienced and will have years of their best footy in front of them. This should have been a better year for us, if our injuries weren't so woeful our picks ought to be 4+ spots worse (imho), which for drafting gives us our last chance to squeeze in talent - and strategically do it to fix areas of concern.

Love how this time of year, every year everyone starts to think....the draft will be our saviour!! The Cats are a team that have not really followed that too strongly and yet have had a lot of success, albeit not enough premiership wins. In a similar way to how valuable Mundy has been to fasttrack the development of players like Serong maybe Neale will also assist in this regard as another bonus to getting him.

Future 1st has to come into play. Got to find another team who is is willing to wait a year for the draft and convert what we get for that as part of what we give to Brisbane.

But a lot of clubs might baulk at the future 1st - if we get Neale and rise in ladder position in 2022, that 1st rounder next year will likely be outside the top 10.

His press conferences would have been entertaining, for all the wrong reasons and we'd have been in pain every time we had to listen, but they'd have been entertaining nonetheless
I haven't got a clue. I was just appalled.
ahh damn, if you ever feel like sharing we're all ears haha

Lachie has enough coin to spring for a live in nanny. Suck it up princess. You don't get to walk away and then when the Lions blow their load prematurely 3 years in a row cry family reasons and beg to come back when we're on the up. Should have stayed with us from the start. Now you can go and get Buck(ley)ed.

Love how this time of year, every year everyone starts to think....the draft will be our saviour!! The Cats are a team that have not really followed that too strongly and yet have had a lot of success, albeit not enough premiership wins. In a similar way to how valuable Mundy has been to fasttrack the development of players like Serong maybe Neale will also assist in this regard as another bonus to getting him.

Geelong built a dynasty with help from a generation of father son picks. They also benefit of being outside Melbourne the bubble but also close enough to Melbourne to be extra appealing for vic or vic country players who want to get out Melbourne but stay in victoria.

It doesn't help us though we dont have that access to F/S yet due to being a young club we just have a academy

Lol if anything it's the opposite. Trading has been our previous 'saviour' and the quick fix.

2002 we needed outside run and flair so we gave everything for Headland. 2004 we needed hardness so we gave everything for Carr. 2006 we thought more support for Pavlich would get us a flag. And you know the drill for 2016 and 2018.

We're not in the premiership window so we need to be very very careful. Yes, we should still consider trading in players (including Neale) but at the right price. If it's not then walk away.

His press conferences would have been entertaining, for all the wrong reasons and we'd have been in pain every time we had to listen, but they'd have been entertaining nonetheless

when he got a tough question i wonder what he would have done. Claiming the connection was breaking up wouldn't work in the press conference lol

when he got a tough question i wonder what he would have done. Claiming the connection was breaking up wouldn't work in the press conference lol
bahahaha legit:
"Losing by 100 points 3 weeks in a row has never happened before Suma, how are you going to rectify this?"
"We just have to tinker with the game plan a little bit"

Knew I'd be able to come here for some comedy gold!

You guys place way too much importance in the draft. Sure, there are examples such as the Adrian Fletcher/Luke Power one where it was a bad trade. But there are plenty more examples where top 10 picks have been duds. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that the draft is a lottery. Of course the top picks give you a better chance of unearthing a champion player, but it's far from a sure thing.

On the other hand, a proven, elite inside mid wants to come back to your club, but the best you seemingly want to offer is a second rounder because he's too old and you already have a few of them. Firstly, he's an instant upgrade on those current guys and would likely take a tag and free them up. Secondly, you're acting like he's 35 and isn't far off retirement. He'll be 29 next year and the skills which make him elite at what he does (getting the ball and giving it to the more damaging players) aren't going to drop off any time soon. I'd be very surprised if isn't still an elite mid for another 3-4 years. Was Mundy also over the hill at 29?.... 7 years later.

You don't think you'll be competing for a flag in the next 3 or so years after finishing one win outside the 8 this year? Geez, that gives a depressing insight into the pysche of being a Freo fan!

By the sounds of it, you guys have made some bad trades in the past... so therefore trading in players (even elite ones) is a no go, and you'll stick to the draft and have bunch of young kids running around with no one to guide them. Crazy talk.

Wait, why did you come here to sell Neale to us?

Even if some of the skeptics on the forum change their view because you came in to do the salesman shtick it doesn't matter cause it's not our call.

Back