Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note, it would actually be a pretty inventive troll if members of the Port Adelaide Football club starting conducting all their recruiting meetings at Henly Beach establishments.

No way they are that clever though

Side note, it would actually be a pretty inventive troll if members of the Port Adelaide Football club starting conducting all their recruiting meetings at Henly Beach establishments.

No way they are that clever though
Given Henley Beach is a popular Crows hangout .....are there no decent eating establishments in Port Adelaide ?

Or was there a purpose in choosing the location they did ?

Strong points. My one counter to this is that if he's just a role player that we've targeted all season, who has also agreed to return to two team state and we still can't get our target over the line, we're pretty damn unattractive or terrible at selling ourselves.

Wait and see but after failing to make any real move in the past couple of years it would be nice to add a quality player to our list.

The likelihood that his manager didn't get a feel on Port's interest after we tabled ours is zero. We may have been first and started the discussion, but there's no way his manager hasn't been talking to Port most of the year.

Given Henley Beach is a popular Crows hangout .....are there no decent eating establishments in Port Adelaide ?

Or was there a purpose in choosing the location they did ?
Have often dined with a variety of power players at Henley beach.

It’s such an overrated place anyways. I don’t know why they or the Crows would want to hang out there.

You reckon the Port boys live that end of the beach?
I've always held the belief Port should stay in their designated area ....a rabbit proof (Port) fence erected to keep out the ferals

If they choose to play for Port ....they should support local establishments

But in all seriousness ....I assume they came from the club to eat

I've always held the belief Port should stay in their designated area ....a rabbit proof (Port) fence erected to keep out the ferals

If they choose to play for Port ....they should support local establishments

But in all seriousness ....I assume they came from the club to eat
If you’re trying to woo a recruit you’d want to take them somewhere decent not put them off

It’s interesting that Smith was showing Dawson around the club given he’d be used in the trade :drunk:

On Smith, he has been disappointing as a player. Looked like he'd be a league wide blue chip, but plateaued a level below his best. As seems very common with our players. They break out and look like being the real deal before settling into a rung lower. Vince was the only high end talent that settled for being less that we held to account. And that was a one off due to wanting to get back into the draft in our second year of sanctions.

We're too fixated ourselves on a best 22 having lots of average players. We lock in the 16 b and c graders, refusing to move them on or demote their roles in the chase for A graders and then try and get those A graders coming through the bottom 6 selections of the 22.

Last edited:
Just saying it's overrated is all. What's up your nose?

Nothing, I'm just interested as to where they should be hanging out. A decent cafe near the beach sounds good to me, I expect it is what it is. Not that I've been to Henley Beach for a few years. I guess I don't really understand what's being expected for it to be disappointing and described as overrated. It's just a few eating outlets in close proximity near the beach. What is it that one should expect that Henley doesn't deliver?

On Smith, he has been disappointing as a player. Looked like he'd be a league wide blue chip, but plateaued a level below his best. As seems very common with our players. They break out and look like being the real deal before settling into a rung lower. Vince was the only high end talent that settled for being less that we held to account. And that was a one off due to wanting to get back into the draft in our second year of sanctions.

We're too fixated ourselves on a best 22 having lots of average players. We lock in the 16 b and c graders, refusing to move them on or demote their roles in the chase for A graders and then try and get those A graders coming through the bottom 6 selections of the 22.

Brown is a bit like that too. I'm not even sure he's in our best side next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back