Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Robbie, his leadership on the back line will be sadly missed.
Cant help thinking he’s doing a Daniel Wells, building up his superannuation from the bank of an opposition Club.

We actually do get somthing but it won't be as high as we can't match. Still a joke sitting by him for 6 years of his career being injured also through his health scare this year and even offering him the 2 years he wanted. Richmond are on their way down aswell. We now need to fu** Richmond up and play hard ball on ccj. Pay back
87C3A980-8BA3-485D-9A2F-0347C024241B.gif

Do you think the club accommodated this outcome proactively so that it may influence the outcome of the PP decision from the AFL?

Losing an experienced and practically AA-grade FB in the leadership group is a bit of a blow for the wooden spooners.
Let’s go & get Rance offer him 3 years & really * the Tigs & Taz up !!!
FB39E633-CCBC-4508-B2C0-2CACBD975446.gif

Pretty sad, only cause I love the bloke.
Would have been great to give McKay + Corr one more year of protection, which I’m sure what the list plan was.

Hope he does well, can’t see Richmond back in the top 4 but you never know.

Do we take an interest in Talia? Cannot go into the season with the 2 above and Walker. One injury and our year will be over.

I'm devastated. This hurts more than Higgins and I thought that was bad. Thought he would be a one club player. Never saw this coming.
Me either … especially after
Quote Noble : “ I couldn't see Robbie playing for another club, let's be honest." Unquote
FB276DCE-BD2E-47C3-A679-782969D39B32.gif

Best of luck to him. We put a lot of faith and time into him and he more than paid us back with his performances in the backline not to mention his leadership and the calendar sales. No hard feelings towards him, however I might have some towards the club if they actually offered him two outright. I'm assuming it was just a trigger though.

Turns 33 early in season 2022, I personally doubt we can play Tarrant, Corr and McKay in the same side. Has been a great footballer for us. Not sure with where the Tigers are at they should be recruiting a 33 year old. Anyways, kind of nice to have one of our FA's garnering some interest.

No way he suits our current list profile and I suggest should he take up the offer it will be with our blessing.

Exciting times I tell yas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it here before;
. Carey
. Schwatta
. Mick
. Corey
. Wells
. Fruity
. Byron
. Drew

Whoever thought we would see them at another club ? Footy. We move on.
Well said hojjy

Disappointed but not upset , genuinely believe he has a couple of good years left in him but in the long term it won’t hurt us . Obviously he think there’s a flag chance at Richmond in the time he has left but won’t get that opportunity with us sadly . Good luck Taz I’ve loved watching you play .
I'm a bit each way with this. We carried him through some very tough years and reckon he owes us more than we owe him. If he is going I'm disappointed, especially if we offered him a similar contract, but best is probably past him. Good luck to him.

That's why I think he has at least 2 years left in him. Missed so many games/years due to his shouder reco's.
This is a simply bizarre argument
He is 32/33 soon
He plays in a physically demanding position on absolute monsters
Just because he played less footy when he was younger makes no difference to a 33 yr old stumping up for his 14 th season
He could go well
Or he could go average
Or he could be a disaster

a lot more pressure and won’t have the fan club he earned around here

This is a simply bizarre argument
He is 32/33 soon
He plays in a physically demanding position on absolute monsters
Just because he played less footy when he was younger makes no difference to a 33 yr old stumping up for his 14 th season
He could go well
Or he could go average
Or he could be a disaster

a lot more pressure and won’t have the fan club he earned around here
Interesting how the Tigs went for the older 33 year old at 2022 season start Robbie instead of a 29 year old Talia ?
Pretty much like for like at this stage . Unless as reported Talia failed his fitness test ?
I reckon we see how it pans out in a few months & if we look ending up with a tall back 3 of Corr , BMac & Walker ?…
It’s a long season…. If fit I reckon we hone in on Talia for back up …

Jack Mahony would be a perfect replacement for Taz😍

I'm a bit each way with this. We carried him through some very tough years and reckon he owes us more than we owe him. If he is going I'm disappointed, especially if we offered him a similar contract, but best is probably past him. Good luck to him.
I find it hard to accept he owes us. He was consistently one of our best players and leaders during the period we were (or should have been) contending under Scott. He could have easily had multiple All Australians under his belt to go with his Syd Barker medal. IMO his performances for us more than paid back any investment.

Separate to all that though, in an era where loyalty from clubs means less than ever and the rules allow and incentivise less player loyalty than ever, I find it hard to really buy into either party ever owing the other anything other than respectful transitions.

Chasing a premiership at Richmond is a bit of a funny way of saying getting one last big paycheck.

They're headed way down the ladder unless they pull off the best trade period a team has ever seen.

Good luck to you Taz but going to vomit in my mouth a little seeing you in that jumper like I did with Wells in black and white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back