QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

That's absolutely right, but is there a sign now that HQ will backtrack and agree to the continuation of QFA Colts?

Not sure why they wouldn't. forcing them into senior footy, no matter what the standard, is going to see a continued high drop out rate.

agree. Extending juniors and colts out another year made perfect sense. Getting rid of QFA colts didn’t.

Agree, not sure QFA Colts needed much change - though I think it should be limited to clubs with a senior team, shouldn't have colts if you have no seniors (just my view)

The youth age groups absolutely should have changed, just another year of kids lost to footy who are in year 12 next year.

Not sure why they wouldn't. forcing them into senior footy, no matter what the standard, is going to see a continued high drop out rate.

Agree, not sure QFA Colts needed much change - though I think it should be limited to clubs with a senior team, shouldn't have colts if you have no seniors (just my view)

The youth age groups absolutely should have changed, just another year of kids lost to footy who are in year 12 next year.
Why shouldn’t a junior club have colts ? Like west’s ? Or should they go to Sherwood 😉

Why shouldn’t a junior club have colts ? Like west’s ? Or should they go to Sherwood 😉

because its not junior footy.

NO issue with Colts in the QFA, didn't think that was a great proposal. But if a team wants to play in the Senior competitions, the starting point should be a senior side (just my opinion, don't have to agree)

Wests kids who want to challenge themselves at a higher level have been coming over anyway, so not like we are competing with them. Kids that miss out on our Colts have been playing at Wests and Jindalee anyway.

Wests kids who want to challenge themselves at a higher level have been coming over anyway, so not like we are competing with them. Kids that miss out on our Colts have been playing at Wests and Jindalee anyway.
As opposed to playing at West Juniors Seniors??

because its not junior footy.

NO issue with Colts in the QFA, didn't think that was a great proposal. But if a team wants to play in the Senior competitions, the starting point should be a senior side (just my opinion, don't have to agree)

I agree they are senior footy.
If done right and treated as senior footy it can be a good way to introduce players to the difference between senior and youth footy. Integrated training (seniors and colts) on occasions is a big start.

Melbourne beat Adelaide by 7 goals in Round 21, and Crows players got the 3 and 2 votes :think:
Luke Dunstan spent a patch of footy kicking the ball to the opposition and got votes as well - mind you, the commentators also gave him some as well. The AFL umps get it right nearly every time - not necessarily every game but across the whole season.

This should make a few on here happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It certainly will Danny3! Well done to everyone associated with the Moreton Bay Lions on continuing to make their club better!

Luke Dunstan spent a patch of footy kicking the ball to the opposition and got votes as well - mind you, the commentators also gave him some as well. The AFL umps get it right nearly every time - not necessarily every game but across the whole season.

watching the Brownlow over the last 5-6 years, I'm convinced the umpires now either see the stats sheets and claim they didn't, or they look up at the big screen and see some key stats. Alternatively, they just get sucked into media hype.

The vote tallies over the last decade have gone through the roof, and I would argue the best players stand out less than they did a decade ago.

Ablett's 2007 season would poll him 40 votes these days and he didn't even win it!

watching the Brownlow over the last 5-6 years, I'm convinced the umpires now either see the stats sheets and claim they didn't, or they look up at the big screen and see some key stats. Alternatively, they just get sucked into media hype.

The vote tallies over the last decade have gone through the roof, and I would argue the best players stand out less than they did a decade ago.

Ablett's 2007 season would poll him 40 votes these days and he didn't even win it!

Yeah i will believe they don't see stat sheets but when a guy racks up possessions (except McCrae... :) ) then they usually poll okay. Mind you the media is no different - in that particular purple patch there was commentators all over Dunstan. I'm yet to be convinced having a non-umpire's medal would see any difference in result. Even the less profile winners in recent years all did very well in the media that particular year. Winning a brownlow doesn't make you a great of the game, but it does mean you had a great season of footy. In much the same way that being a one time premiership player doesn't either.

Congratulations to the whole Moreton Bay Club for all your hard work. Any club should be wanting to grow and advance and play footy at the highest level that they can. The Lions have set an example in that regard and well done to them. Wish them nothing but the best of luck next season.

Congratulations to the whole Moreton Bay Club for all your hard work. Any club should be wanting to grow and advance and play footy at the highest level that they can. The Lions have set an example in that regard and well done to them. Wish them nothing but the best of luck next season.

Macman hearing Wynnum enquiring about going up to Div1 as well mate? Any truths in that rumour?

Congrats to Kedron signing Jacob Allison and reappointing their senior coach. If they can get Lowney, T.Allison, Elmslie etc on the park and inevitably pick up a few more off the back of the momentum of that signing I think they'll be a sleeper next year

Congrats to Kedron signing Jacob Allison and reappointing their senior coach. If they can get Lowney, T.Allison, Elmslie etc on the park and inevitably pick up a few more off the back of the momentum of that signing I think they'll be a sleeper next year
Will be great to get them back on the park.
A busy off-season for us.
Oval getting resurfaced and light upgrade as we speak.
A few new fellas to the club.
Will be putting in for a Friday nite team as well.
We may have not got the wins we wanted last year but confident that will change. Built a great group of lads and helpers all of which will make it a better 2022.
Considering a change head down to the den and have a look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back