Toast Welcome to Fremantle Neil Erasmus (pick 10 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

As a South African born AFL fan meself I can tell you there's a difference between true blue Aussie AFL supporters and us. You'ze Aussies cite the performance of our team in your medical history, your tax statements and your kids 21st birthday parties.

He'll come round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard Nadia Mitsopoulos say she is interviewing Neil on ABC 720 after 10am news this morning

He can't wait to go to the Eagles and he has just been drafted. The whole bit about "But I’m so keen to get started at the Dockers". Kind of makes you think he's already counting down the days.

You must have one of the worst cases of football PTSD I've ever seen. Literally no good player in our history has ever requested a trade to West Coast, and we have drafted literally hundreds of West Coast supporters

Love that the kid is across Clark winning two of the four time trials earlier this week - he might have been a West Coast fan (which, for mine, means absolutely nothing to most players when they make it to the big leagues) but he was tuned into the detail of Freo's news before getting picked up.

Article for reference: https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/1033332/erasmus-in-on-the-plan

You must have one of the worst cases of football PTSD I've ever seen. Literally no good player in our history has ever requested a trade to West Coast, and we have drafted literally hundreds of West Coast supporters
Potentially... we've drafted 234 players in our history. We are currently running at 50% West Aussies.

So probably not hundreds of Eagle's fans.

The point stands though, professionals play where they are picked and played and we don't trade players between the clubs in the men's league

Of those 234 players I wonder how many of them have been Freo supporters as kids. I reckon less than 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back