Live Event 2021 AFL Draft live discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Individually, the players we’ve picked themselves sound like they’re pretty good.

Collectively though, I don’t really think the mix makes sense for us. We still lack KPF depth and we still have bad midfield depth. I don’t really see what the point of having 5 picks in the top 30 was if we weren’t going to improve in those areas

I respectfully disagree. We have RCD, Ross, Martyn, Dow, Bolton and Graham to complement Dusty, Cotch, Prestia, Lambert and Edwards. Then pinch hit Baker, Stack, Sonsie, Caddy, Parker. They may prove to not be up to it but they haven't had the opportunities yet.... we have next year to help focus on that area if it isn't working.

We have bugger all small forward depth - so Judson pick makes sense. MRJ, Aarts and Castagna the only other guys playing small, with Bolton spending some time there. Cumberland still unknown. D Rioli looking likely to play at hbf/wing.

KPF is the most obvious issue I agree. JR and Lynch still our best two. Suspect Nank will spend a bit more time resting forward if Soldo comes back (particularly if we have injuries/suspension). Then we have S.Ryan and? Perhaps the long term back up plan is to have Balta play forward and Gibcus to replace him back in the next few years....

Still have a chance to pick up rookies as cover as well.

I respectfully disagree. We have RCD, Ross, Martyn, Dow, Bolton and Graham to complement Dusty, Cotch, Prestia, Lambert and Edwards. Then pinch hit Baker, Stack, Sonsie, Caddy, Parker. They may prove to not be up to it but they haven't had the opportunities yet.... we have next year to help focus on that area if it isn't working.

We have bugger all small forward depth - so Judson pick makes sense. MRJ, Aarts and Castagna the only other guys playing small, with Bolton spending some time there. Cumberland still unknown. D Rioli looking likely to play at hbf/wing.

KPF is the most obvious issue I agree. JR and Lynch still our best two. Suspect Nank will spend a bit more time resting forward if Soldo comes back (particularly if we have injuries/suspension). Then we have S.Ryan and? Perhaps the long term back up plan is to have Balta play forward and Gibcus to replace him back in the next few years....

Still have a chance to pick up rookies as cover as well.

I stopped reading when you said Ross

I don’t care what anyone says, we did not
Need to pick a small fwd.

Stack, Rioli, junior, Bolton, Shedda, Baker, George and Aarts can all run through that small fwd role.

What if he is replacing one of George or Aarts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were both reaches. Not massively but I remember the reactions to their selections.

And so far it's looking grim.

Nope, dow maybe abit but definitely not rcd

so many sooks in here.

These so called players we should have picked...

Well guess what all other clubs are passing on these players as well. I will back our club in over people watching some you tube videos and what Knightmare rates.

Very excited by what we just picked up.
Lets not look at what they play in their juniors but what maybe the club will turn them into.

Gibcus could play forward,Naughton was drafted as a defender and if Gibcus becomes just as good im very excited by him climbing above packs in our forward 50.

Brown can play wing and can run all day and looks like he has some speed to burn

Sonsie this time last year was touted as pick 1.

Banks looks like he can play mid as well and is a good user of the ball

Clarke wowee with that pace. If you ask me another weakness for us last season was our small forwards. If Clarke can come on him MRJ will create havoc in our forward line and create turnovers at will. Can finish as well

This is no time for a considered, thoughtful insight thanks. This is melt time.

the teased us with Sonsie, you thought they would finally get a clutch of obvious high-rated mids....

...then bang with the "double-Conca"

jeepers.

Hardly a double Conca. One was rated 46 and the other 30. The hysteria on here from a bunch of people who know a crap load less than our recruiting team is laughable. Old Richmond mentality.... it was crap then and it's worse now because we have no reason to carry on like pork chops after the last few years.

What I like is they are actually recruiting a team. Next year they will target a Key forward as the quality of those next year is much higher. We need to sure up our defence. We got a quality mid and an electric forward who looks great. Apparently, Banks is a beauty too but his injuries have not allowed him to show his abilities. We couldn't just get all mids as there are a few of those already waiting for a game in our squad.

The conca look alike goes to sydney

I see Matty Knights.

They were both reaches. Not massively but I remember the reactions to their selections.

And so far it's looking grim.

Dow yes, albeit slightly. RCD was expected to go a few higher.

But do we have good young midfielders? That’s the problem here because I don’t think we have a lot of them

Your unlikely going to get the next good young midfielder at 30 to be fair. I think it seems the way the draft has gone, the mids in this years draft are considered overrated.

I’m a bit puzzled at the types we drafted if im being honest

I don’t get Banks. Seems similar to Tom Brown. You take the player not the position, but I’m not sure he is too different from Brown. But could be a midfielder? One I felt was strange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back