Multiplat Dying Light 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Next gen modes look a bit disappointing
1080p @ 60fps.
1800P @ 30fps
1080p RT @ 30fps.

Must be a demanding engine or going to be optimized more as it goes on

Given how long it has been in development I wonder if that's a hold over from the last gen it was targeting. Hopefully there will be a future patch but it looks like it will be 1080/60 for me on PS5.

Given how long it has been in development I wonder if that's a hold over from the last gen it was targeting. Hopefully there will be a future patch but it looks like it will be 1080/60 for me on PS5.
I think ill play the 60fps mode. but the lights on the RT mode look tempting from the PS5 modes trailer they made a few weeks ago.

My review for anyone interested:

A bit of a frustrating one. When it all comes together it can be very good but it suffers from a few issues that bring it down.

Good review as usual.

Seems like a missed opportunity, co-op best way to play, hope it works properly.

I just want to dropkick zombies with mates, is that too much to ask?

Bloody annoying to guns and weapons can't be repaired, * that s**t in games, it was s**t in Zelda and it'll be s**t in this.

So Coop progression is only for the host. that sucks

They said previously only world progression belongs to the host but everything else carries on. They even said outside of the prologue the game can be 100% finished together including the epilogue. I also read somewhere previously that if you are at an identical point to someone else then your story will progress as well but if you are any sort of step out of sync it won't due to forking narratives. So unless that's not the case any more then it's the same as the first game but with even more co-op sections as the first locked out of more story moments.

This would be poo for those who want to drop in and out of random games to progress but I know for my mob we always just jump into the game of whoever is the furtherest behind it's no dramas.

Sucks to read about weapon durability though. In the first game I often didn't use my best weapons because I didn't want to break them.

They said previously only world progression belongs to the host but everything else carries on. They even said outside of the prologue the game can be 100% finished together including the epilogue. I also read somewhere previously that if you are at an identical point to someone else then your story will progress as well but if you are any sort of step out of sync it won't due to forking narratives. So unless that's not the case any more then it's the same as the first game but with even more co-op sections as the first locked out of more story moments.

This would be poo for those who want to drop in and out of random games to progress but I know for my mob we always just jump into the game of whoever is the furtherest behind it's no dramas.

Sucks to read about weapon durability though. In the first game I often didn't use my best weapons because I didn't want to break them.
One of the reviews i watched said progression is only for the host, but weapons and upgrades can be carried over for guests. Guests also get to help vote on world events in the hosts game.

Auto save if you quit, but if it crashes no auto save.

Good review as usual.

Seems like a missed opportunity, co-op best way to play, hope it works properly.
Thanks mate!

Yeah not having co-op was a massive bummer. Fingers crossed the day one patch makes it work as it should.

I think if Techland scaled back the scope a touch and refined a few things it could have been a great game.

100%. The other issue is the cost of modifying weapons (resources + time) can be excessive, because realistically you're going to want to upgrade the modifiers for them to have any real impact, and to do so you'll need rare resources. So I was often either reluctant to modify or use weapons, saving them for special occassions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to dropkick zombies with mates, is that too much to ask?

Bloody annoying to guns and weapons can't be repaired, fu** that sh*t in games, it was sh*t in Zelda and it'll be sh*t in this.
God that is one of the worst mechanics in games

Hopefully you can craft unbreakable weapons or I will not like it

No unbreakable weapons and no guns (aside from one you can craft (has limited use)). There is a bow though.

I have some bad news for you.

I usually just end up using the cheapest weapons that I can craft that can still kill efficiently. It sucks because I want to use my fancy weapons but they're not worth destroying on trash.

Apparently weapons are plentiful. Wonder what it means for special weapons like Excalibur.

Some reports that there are over 1000 bug fixes in the Day 1 patch - I'm guessing you and other reviewers played without the patch, right?
Sorry I missed this earlier.

Correct, the day one patch was not live when the review embargo finished. I had a little under two weeks with the game and there was 3 patches during that time.

No unbreakable weapons and no guns (aside from one you can craft (has limited use)). There is a bow though.
Guns in the first game were janky as hell. not really worth lockpicking the cop cars for them.

Sorry I missed this earlier.

Correct, the day one patch was not live when the review embargo finished. I had a little under two weeks with the game and there was 3 patches during that time.
are dockets back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back