AFLW GRAND FINAL v Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval, 12:30pm AEST, Saturday 9 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we done.

Playing a Chris Scott 2021 game style that is melting under intense pressure

Crows girls are way stronger and fitter. They break so many tackles, just monster their opponent , their kicks are so much more penetrating off the boot than our girls also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris is being double teamed , i don't understand the logic of kicking to her over and over. The scoreboard says we are still in this , my eyes tell me we are just hanging on.

Harris is being double teamed , i don't understand the logic of kicking to her over and over. The scoreboard says we are still in this , my eyes tell me we are just hanging on.
Every time we bomb it forward their defence marks. Gotta lose that plan fast

setups.

I want to see us undo the crows defence structures.

I want Harris to start deep, and lead up the ground playing high, taking outlet high marks around the wing. I want to see her rushing back to forward-line just ahead of play, and being aware of the space "over the back" in our forward line.

I want all our forwards to push up high (to between the 50mtr arc and centre square), from deep forward, leaving a paddock behind them. IF the defenders don't go with them, then we have easy possessions across our half-forward line.
position outlets.
Her job should be to upset the opposition defenders ahead of the ball, before returning the mid duties looking to keep the ball inside our f50.
Bump.....

setups.

I want to see us undo the crows defence structures.

I want Harris to start deep, and lead up the ground playing high, taking outlet high marks around the wing. I want to see her rushing back to forward-line just ahead of play, and being aware of the space "over the back" in our forward line.

I want all our forwards to push up high (to between the 50mtr arc and centre square), from deep forward, leaving a paddock behind them. IF the defenders don't go with them, then we have easy possessions across our half-forward line.

I want Bannan rushing back into our f50 on outer flank, (just ahead of the play); And Harris streaming back in from the opposite wing, looking for the mark running back with the flight.
As these actions occur, our small forwards should be figuring out as they stream back, how they can help to create within our space, inside the f50.

As Harris is leading up to the wing; IF the defenders stay back, Zanker could be sneaking forward as a mark option around half-forward flank, drawing defenders wide. I want Zanks, when sneaking forward, to be ready to smash into any packs as the ball re-enters our f50.
We should attack our forward entries from centre-wing.

Our forwards should be doing everything they can, to leave inside f50 as open as possible. The key is to cause the defenders to follow our tall forwards up high, to just outside the 50. The defenders can drop off our talls at 50, but still want Harris to lead to wing taking marks on the wing. And rolling back around, rushing back inside.

This could see us with Bannan, Zanker and Harris, potentially all inside f50 together, at given times. Zanks hopefully has put some defenders on their tails, whilst going for the ball.

As the ball lands inside our f50, Zanks should start to be mindful of getting back into the midfield, to guard opposition outlets.
Her job should be to upset the opposition defenders ahead of the ball, before returning the mid duties looking to keep the ball inside our f50.

Are any in the Melbourne bench taking any notice of outside ideas. Wake up you guys.

Reckon we should just be going all out attack now. Trying to work through Adelaide's zones is pointless.
The coaches are being too conservative......... its finals footy.

Finals is the time to start being supper aggressive, and really take it on. No time for shyness or playing too safe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back