Autopsy Round 7, 2022: Hawks fail against Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort. We didn't drop our heads despite it looking like we would.
First quarter was eerily similar to the stkilda game, and I was sure we'd end up in the same position again.

Solid game from the defence and mids. It was the forwards who just didn't seem right this week.

Umpire 29 I will complain about again and again. He ruined the game with his pay everything to Melbourne and nothing to hawthorn. The other 2 were great, and I want those 2 umpiring our games every week

Loved the fans around me starting up in the 3rd with "free kick Ben brown" whenever Melbourne went inside 50

Also thought we'd get blown away in last, but gutsy effort and even though heart in mouth stuff when taking it on through corridor, like the dare..

They were cleaner for longer and when it mattered. Also helps on the back of a premiership that guns like Petracca can afford to cheat ahead of contests..
Good sides send the absolute minimum in to get the ball, allowing others to peel off. Low risk, high reward the way HTB and incorrect disposal is adjudicated these days. At best, the player gets a handball away to a free team mate, at worst he drops it or gets “knocked out in the tackle” for no punishment.
Although Hawks send too many into the contest, it highlights the attacking gameplan and as the players get more experience, less will go into the contest.

Was a bit rubbish how the free kicks were so lopsided given we were the ones being scragged off ball, but I'm also less positive on the margin. They were 30 up with 25% of their team missing even if they weren't exactly core players. Good effort to keep contesting, but I thought given their players out I'd have liked to have won more 1 on 1 contests in at least some area of the ground. We are missing some too but Jiath the only that would've made a difference in that area for us.
Is that you Dwayne?

Before the first bounce I'm just hoping for a competitive performance, even if we got blown away by them, considering how the game ended on Monday. So on that note the boys is exceeding my expectations.

Agree with everyone else regarding the goal kicking. However I'm glad it's Gunston and Breust who missed the goal instead of Kosi. Can't wait to have Mitchell Lewis back playing with him.

So happy for Finn and Worpel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also less positive on the margin. They were 30 up with 25% of their team missing even if they weren't exactly core players. ...We are missing some too but Jiath the only that would've made a difference in that area for us.
Thanks, Dwayne

Last edited:
Ben Brown is such a flop
Can't time his Jump at the ball, always falls over waving his arms and gets rewarded for it, YUCK.

Ben Brown is such a flop
Can't time his Jump at the ball, always falls over waving his arms and gets rewarded for it, YUCK.

And now has a new weapon insofar people in front of him contesting a mark miraculously chop his arms too. Work that out.

How did they take Gunstons goal away from him? The almighty afl cant use a few go pros around the top of the goal posts so that sort of crap doesn’t ruin a close game? Dunstal Gunston and most of the players thought it went thru. Really pathetic effort in this respect and of course I’m trying to explain to my son the rules of the game and the Melbourne player drops the ball, pushes in the back and I just gave up and told him basically the umpires make up their own rules as they go. Should have still won with all those misses though.

Worpel seems to have found a bit of form. He's obviously not the cleanest footballer or best decision maker but his effort was uncompromised. Showing he can still be an asset. Hopefully he inflicts some punishment on the dons next week!
Worps is frustrating sometimes with his disposal and decision making but he worked his butt off today and ended doing more good than bad.
Just needs to repeat it weekly.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Worps is frustrating sometimes with his disposal and decision making but he worked his butt off today and ended doing more good than bad.
Just needs to repeat it weekly.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You just have to accept there’s a good chance he will kick it to opposition lol, he’s still a great player though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back