dus

Premiership Player
May 14, 2002
Poker Table
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Well it’s about time this thread existed.

Nuff said.

Proof is in the pudding.

Talks the s**t, acts the s**t but I’m done with the flog. Appears at the 11th hour when the joint is burning down.

Gives great lip service. But that about it.

Fish rots for the head.

Should of left with Buckley.

You’re out of your depth boss and you’re not one of us.

Time to pack you bags.

nlqea2B.png

I’ve got a big question mark on the bloke because he hasn’t really proven anything and was unimpressed that it was left until the last possible day of a full week of media badgerings for him to get on the front foot and do interviews or provide a statement.

But I’m curious as to what exactly are people pointing towards, with certainty, that he is the wrong man for the job? The coach, particularly on game day and selection day can be looked into when you know what you’re looking for on the strategy/gameplan/who does what on field etc. on top of his press conferences as indicators of his performance, with a CEO it’s a bit more difficult.

So again, I’m curious as to what people are seeing here that makes them feel like ‘yep, he’s gotta go now, pull the emergency chutes and get him out ASAP’. Because again, I am more in the camp of putting a question mark on him than feeling he has to go for certain.

I’ve got a big question mark on the bloke because he hasn’t really proven anything and was unimpressed that it was left until the last possible day of a full week of media badgerings for him to get on the front foot and do interviews or provide a statement.

But I’m curious as to what exactly are people pointing towards, with certainty, that he is the wrong man for the job? The coach, particularly on game day and selection day can be looked into when you know what you’re looking for on the strategy/gameplan/who does what on field etc. on top of his press conferences as indicators of his performance, with a CEO it’s a bit more difficult.

So again, I’m curious as to what people are seeing here that makes them feel like ‘yep, he’s gotta go now, pull the emergency chutes and get him out ASAP’. Because again, I am more in the camp of putting a question mark on him than feeling he has to go for certain.
A herald sun article about breakfasts.

The interesting part about this is that it all happened before we employed him. We clearly wanted someone who was combative, a bit of a ruthless headkicker to make change around the club.

Seems to be exactly what we are getting, so it is hard to complain about.
Apparently it isn’t.

Posters whining about who has to go because they don’t enjoy a brief time at the bottom had better not be the ones who used to say we were mired in mediocrity and needed to go harder for greater success. If you wanted radical surgery, this is what post-op feels like, and you have to accept that both the treatment and recovery time are uncertain but having gone for the surgery you have to wait and see the outcome. The pain was inevitable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A herald sun article about breakfasts.

Yeah thats all I’ve seen that’s conclusive, and that’s ancient history at this point at a completely different sports org that was in itself a complete shambles at the time.

Not to say it wouldn’t be considered as part of judging his ‘character’ let’s say, its by no means the straw that breaks the camels back either, that’s on North for determining if he is a good fit based on his past actions if there was prior knowledge (although it appears not)

This is a curious thread. We've never been in a better position off the field, zero debt, record members, key sponsors on board.

Having said that there are questions that need to be answered including the delay in receiving our memberships (6 weeks for me) and availability of merchandise. Did i hear Ben correctly that all staff are on contracts? I'm no HR expert but i imagine it's hard to build a strong culture when people have no job certainty. Finally our media seems to have gone downhill since Heath left, I am sure he would have kept Ben on message with his media interviews.

This is a curious thread. We've never been in a better position off the field, zero debt, record members, key sponsors on board.

Having said that there are questions that need to be answered including the delay in receiving our memberships (6 weeks for me) and availability of merchandise. Did i hear Ben correctly that all staff are on contracts? I'm no HR expert but i imagine it's hard to build a strong culture when people have no job certainty. Finally our media seems to have gone downhill since Heath left, I am sure he would have kept Ben on message with his media interviews.
Speaking of media, anyone notice this on the weekend?

Membership and merchandise delays, have you ordered any thing from anywhere these past two years? Cause there is this global thing going on.

Membership and merchandise delays, have you ordered any thing from anywhere these past two years? Cause there is this global thing going on.
yeah i get it. 6 weeks to get my membership card (sans the cap or scarf merchandise) seems like a long time. I get the merch bit.

yeah i get it. 6 weeks to get my membership card (sans the cap or scarf merchandise) seems like a long time. I get the merch bit.
You're right tough, probably does make more of a merch delay than a card delay, cause you'd exepect they be printing cards locally.

Interesting point re Heath. I wonder if we are missing his input into things like this.

Mind you, I think the general social media output is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Interesting point re Heath. I wonder if we are missing his input into things like this.

I think we’re missing Heath big time, we’re worse off in the media for it. We seem less proactive, the delays to respond are substantially longer, and our statements seem to keep us open to putting our foot in our mouths later if things get worse by taking a soft short term approach, and I don’t think there is as much communication between the club and its members or fans.

Social media is fine I guess, but again it seems like its treading water doing what everyone else does instead of being on the front foot to find out what’s the next best thing we should be aiming towards, that was Heath’s strongest attribute was bringing us ahead of where we normally would be.

Posters whining about who has to go because they don’t enjoy a brief time at the bottom had better not be the ones who used to say we were mired in mediocrity and needed to go harder for greater success. If you wanted radical surgery, this is what post-op feels like, and you have to accept that both the treatment and recovery time are uncertain but having gone for the surgery you have to wait and see the outcome. The pain was inevitable.
It's kind of weird.

"We're not fit enough, our recruiting is bad"....fitness and recruiters go...."OMG, club is falling apart, bad kulcha....."

I think we’re missing Heath big time, we’re worse off in the media for it. We seem less proactive, the delays to respond are substantially longer, and our statements seem to keep us open to putting our foot in our mouths later if things get worse by taking a soft short term approach, and I don’t think there is as much communication between the club and its members or fans.

Social media is fine I guess, but again it seems like its treading water doing what everyone else does instead of being on the front foot to find out what’s the next best thing we should be aiming towards, that was Heath’s strongest attribute was bringing us ahead of where we normally would be.
I'd never really contemplated. But we were very fortunate to have a bloke with his background.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back