Bye Bye Amarfios

Remove this Banner Ad

It's kind of weird.

"We're not fit enough, our recruiting is bad"....fitness and recruiters go...."OMG, club is falling apart, bad kulcha....."

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I think that there is more to it than just the on field stuff.

We appear to be incredibly reactive to every thing.

We are in a cycle of being continually flogged on field and then torn apart in the media through the week.

It took 2 people leaving and 1 quitting and throwing a tanty to get Amarfio to front the media and it only happened after Brady had been sold into trouble in that situation.

In another thread I called for #bringbackEuge. Because we are in a fight right now against everyone, we know there big sharks in these waters. I want a bloke that would bleed for us not a bloke who is has to have elements of dispassionate to be able to be a head kicker.

Just on him bring a head kicker, if we are wanting to build and open culture based on trust and open and direct feedback, a head kicker is absolutely incongruent with that.

That lack of consistency is the problem.

We are saying one thing and then seeing another. It’s happening on field and then off it.

On field we’re being told we are incrementally improving and that just does not stack up or pass the pub test.

Off field we’re being told we’re one big happy family and then we have a bloke (who we hunted in as was a north fan) leaving and setting the media on us on the way out. We apparently wanted to keep this person.

There are other examples but this reactive contradictions create confusion. It also creates questions and assumptions because no one is clear what is going on. That leads to this scattergun approach of sack them all and let god sort them out.

I am not close enough to tell you if Ben needs to go or not. I have feelpinions on who I’d like to see there based on history.

But on a high level from the outside we smell on field and off it right now.

Posters whining about who has to go because they don’t enjoy a brief time at the bottom had better not be the ones who used to say we were mired in mediocrity and needed to go harder for greater success. If you wanted radical surgery, this is what post-op feels like, and you have to accept that both the treatment and recovery time are uncertain but having gone for the surgery you have to wait and see the outcome. The pain was inevitable.

This is spot on. When you listen to Nathan Jones on the latest Dyl and Friends you'll realise what a s**t show they had at Demon land and there is NO quick turn around. It's patient and methodical and riddled with errors with the big picture in mind. As someone else has said, progress is not linear.

Place is already burning and people want to more fuel ?
Animated GIF

I think that there is more to it than just the on field stuff.

We appear to be incredibly reactive to every thing.

We are in a cycle of being continually flogged on field and then torn apart in the media through the week.

It took 2 people leaving and 1 quitting and throwing a tanty to get Amarfio to front the media and it only happened after Brady had been sold into trouble in that situation.

In another thread I called for #bringbackEuge. Because we are in a fight right now against everyone, we know there big sharks in these waters. I want a bloke that would bleed for us not a bloke who is has to have elements of dispassionate to be able to be a head kicker.

Just on him bring a head kicker, if we are wanting to build and open culture based on trust and open and direct feedback, a head kicker is absolutely incongruent with that.

That lack of consistency is the problem.

We are saying one thing and then seeing another. It’s happening on field and then off it.

On field we’re being told we are incrementally improving and that just does not stack up or pass the pub test.

Off field we’re being told we’re one big happy family and then we have a bloke (who we hunted in as was a north fan) leaving and setting the media on us on the way out. We apparently wanted to keep this person.

There are other examples but this reactive contradictions create confusion. It also creates questions and assumptions because no one is clear what is going on. That leads to this scattergun approach of sack them all and let god sort them out.

I am not close enough to tell you if Ben needs to go or not. I have feelpinions on who I’d like to see there based on history.

But on a high level from the outside we smell on field and off it right now.
If we're going down the sack Amarfios path, we probably need to extend the torch to the board.

All moves would be signed off there.

If we're going down the sack Amarfios path, we probably need to extend the torch to the board.

Correct but who stands up and takes over.
Carey?Ponting?Kekovich?Greg Miller? Or Aarocca? Not to many big names to pick from

Amarfio was signed on in 2020.

Then covid hit and we went to the hub. During 2020 we signed new sponsors and improved our financial position and (I presume) the board decided the football department and the side itself needed a ground up rebuild. So 18 months into that the CEO has to go because the rebuild is hard to cope with?

JHFC.

Why? Sonja wasn’t even on the board when he was hired.

I am not sure many board members actually were.

Amarfio was appointed in November of 2019

Sonja Hood - December 2019
Paul Dwyer - Jan 18
Andrew Harris - 22
Rodney Plitz- 22
Susana Ristevski - December 21
Stevo - December 21
Harry Unglik - November 20

So we have 1 board member who was there when he was appointed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The board is made up of more than Hood.

If Amarfio is destroying the club, it's on the board to remove him. If they see fit not to, then either he's not destroying the club or the board are incompetent.

I wasn't suggesting he is destroying the club.

I was suggesting that there is contradiction between words and actions which creates concern and where there is a lack of information assumption fills the void.

Amarfio was signed on in 2020.

Then covid hit and we went to the hub. During 2020 we signed new sponsors and improved our financial position and (I presume) the board decided the football department and the side itself needed a ground up rebuild. So 18 months into that the CEO has to go because the rebuild is hard to cope with?

JHFC.
Thats the one.

These days we go way beyond the "sack the coach" knee jerk reaction when times get tough.

I wasn't suggesting he is destroying the club.

I was suggesting that there is contradiction between words and actions which creates concern and where there is a lack of information assumption fills the void.
I don't enjoy his lack of visibility until the s**t is flying about the place. I'd have liked him to front up before Brady went under the bus as there were issues there that fell under his and McPherson's roles. Amarfio, as the boss, should have been onto that immediately.

If he's doing a s**t job, it's on the board to get onto that.

The board is made up of more than Hood.

If Amarfio is destroying the club, it's on the board to remove him. If they see fit not to, then either he's not destroying the club or the board are incompetent.

This post is contradictory to your previous post.

Interesting thread this one and as we all know perception plays a huge part in any organisations standings. So on that front as the CEO he is failing and badly.
I listened to his interview and it didn't instill me with confidence. Now I also know Mark Brayshaw went for the job, but I'd suggest we went with Ben because of his business acumen. That makes sense from a financial POV.

A quick look at his LinkedIn gives evidence to my views. Now that's all good and hard to argue with. Although I am unsure of what initiatives he has bought to the table?

The debt reduction was well under way before his arrival. Nothing new there. The Club as others have stated is being smashed from pillar to post in the media. And I feel he isn't leading from the front on many matters.

1653955491619.png
So by happenstance yesterday evening as I lay on the couch and decided to log into Ms Sharon's Stan account. I stumbled across a doco called " Barassi" and wow freakin awesome.
T'was about North from early 72 through to the premierships of the 70's. They came off a single victory season in 72 and well the rest is history. But by gosh we had filled the place with smart, clever innovators and just as important they were well respected football people. Yes you can be a wheeler and dealer and also have played footy at the highest level.

I think we haven't enough football people in the important roles of administration. We had Luff, we have Ben & Sonya who please do not go near the Sonya is female angle because I actually don't give a s**t and nothing to do with my point. And James B who I also didn't particularly rate.

In 75 we were 0-4 and the great man Dr Aylett sat Ronald Dale Barassi down for a chat. And I know Aylett cops s**t on here for something's, he put up his own home against a loan to entice the 3 over from other clubs during the ten year rule. Alyett was a head of his time or saw where the game was heading and/or needed to go.

We had Roos for a bit and at the time I liked it due to his standing in football circles, no one really questioned us. He's as good as gone and bang, thump and crash. Boots and all, if it was a prize fight the ref would have called it over.

So have we the non football people capable of fixing this mess?

I don't think so personally.

This post is contradictory to your previous post.
In what way?

It's on the board to take action if they see that Amarfio is doing a poor job. Hood has been on the board since just after Amarfio was appointed. She'd be aware of his work.

They appear to be on the same page. I'm happy with that. There's things he needs to do better. But if he has the backing then great.

If anyone is unhappy with Amarfio then they should be asking the question as to why the board haven't removed him. Who else is going to get rid of him?

I wonder we need to have a consolidated "There Will Be Blood" thread for all the heads that require guillotining over the next few months. Might be easier to track all the victims / those that had it coming in one place.

Interesting thread this one and as we all know perception plays a huge part in any organisations standings. So on that front as the CEO he is failing and badly.
I listened to his interview and it didn't instill me with confidence. Now I also know Mark Brayshaw went for the job, but I'd suggest we went with Ben because of his business acumen. That makes sense from a financial POV.

A quick look at his LinkedIn gives evidence to my views. Now that's all good and hard to argue with. Although I am unsure of what initiatives he has bought to the table?

The debt reduction was well under way before his arrival. Nothing new there. The Club as others have stated is being smashed from pillar to post in the media. And I feel he isn't leading from the front on many matters.

View attachment 1412862
So by happenstance yesterday evening as I lay on the couch and decided to log into Ms Sharon's Stan account. I stumbled across a doco called " Barassi" and wow freakin awesome.
T'was about North from early 72 through to the premierships of the 70's. They came off a single victory season in 72 and well the rest is history. But by gosh we had filled the place with smart, clever innovators and just as important they were well respected football people. Yes you can be a wheeler and dealer and also have played footy at the highest level.

I think we haven't enough football people in the important roles of administration. We had Luff, we have Ben & Sonya who please do not go near the Sonya is female angle because I actually don't give a s**t and nothing to do with my point. And James B who I also didn't particularly rate.

In 75 we were 0-4 and the great man Dr Aylett sat Ronald Dale Barassi down for a chat. And I know Aylett cops s**t on here for something's, he put up his own home against a loan to entice the 3 over from other clubs during the ten year rule. Alyett was a head of his time or saw where the game was heading and/or needed to go.

We had Roos for a bit and at the time I liked it due to his standing in football circles, no one really questioned us. He's as good as gone and bang, thump and crash. Boots and all, if it was a prize fight the ref would have called it over.

So have we the non football people capable of fixing this mess?

I don't think so personally.
Aylett also told the players on no uncertain terms that Barassi was the coach and that wouldn't be changing.

I wonder we need to have a consolidated "There Will Be Blood" thread for all the heads that require guillotining over the next few months. Might be easier to track all the victims / those that had it coming in one place.
Bring out your dead.....

Well most who have had the " bye bye" thread have fallen within a season or so.

Although Brad did hang on for about six more seasons lol

We need to be careful on the amount of sackings and people leaving or else we will have no one left to navigate the club through this turmultuos time especially when the Tassie project is being considered. North may not want to be relocated to Tassie but whats to say that the tassie players dont want to go home..Everyone needs to chill for awhile and stop stirring the pot..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back