Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see Dunks moving interstate, even if the coin is massive. He loves the spotlight (in a good way) of Melbourne.

Don’t shoot the messenger, but hearing Port have made a massive offer to Dunkley and it’s looking likely to happen.
IF it was to happen, surely we'd want a player in return, rather than picks.

I don't understand why they don't have Powell-Pepper playing the big bodied mid role. Instead he seems to be playing largely forward of centre.

I don't understand why they don't have Powell-Pepper playing the big bodied mid role. Instead he seems to be playing largely forward of centre.

They may see Dunkley as a replacement for Boak going forward.

I still doubt whether this is correct unless the $ are too big to ignore

Last edited:
Yeah, but Netball...

Yeah, but Treloar and their budding multimedia empire...

Oh, Its all so clear now. Its a Dunkley and Treloar package deal to Port.

Cos' Dimmies Dusty is a scrubber. Thats why commentators always laud his cult like status with morons who support Port who love his faux tough guy schtick. A supporter group who have such a huge chip on their shoulders that they make us look like a latte sipping Melbourne establishment team. Any praise he gets is rarely for his football abilities.

There’s been rumours about a move to SA all year. Look, I really don’t want him to go, I think it’ll potentially jettison our midfield from the upper echelon, but if he is going to leave we could do worse than him heading to a state where both clubs will have top 10 draft picks.

There’s been rumours about a move to SA all year. Look, I really don’t want him to go, I think it’ll potentially jettison our midfield from the upper echelon, but if he is going to leave we could do worse than him heading to a state where both clubs will have top 10 draft picks.
Yeah... lazy rumours.

Like English to WA because his partner plays netball there and the lazy Treloar to QLD one's for rhe same reason before we picked him up

I guess I'd the media keeps going down this route they'll get one ... eventually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t shoot the messenger, but hearing Port have made a massive offer to Dunkley and it’s looking likely to happen.

Seems odd - they have Wines or Powell-Pepper (who I don't rate) to play that role. Boak is getting on and they want more time for Rozee, Butters and potentially Duursma in there - they don't need Dunkley - he doesn't fix their midfield problems. Yes, he's an upgrade on PP or Wines even - but it's not like Port are Essendon with no midfielders of any size in there...

Adelaide - replacing Sloane and Crouch - that makes more sense....

We can finally get Steven Motlop!

If Jackson gets to Freo- should we be into Meek?
Ballarat boy, but he only signed a contract extension last year.

Lobb is 'gettable' and from a pure playing perspective suits or needs better (forward/second ruck)

Ballarat boy, but he only signed a contract extension last year.

Lobb is 'gettable' and from a pure playing perspective suits or needs better (forward/second ruck)

Starting to very much lean towards a yes for Lobb. A forward line of Naughton/Lobb and one of Bruce or Jamarra is tempting.

Not sure why people are even asking what players Port have in return for Dunkley should that rumour be proven true, it's basically irrelevant. It's exceedingly rare these days for clubs to swap players in a trade, even when picks are also involved. There is the odd 3 way trade for lower end players but almost never when someone of Dunkley's calibre is involved.

The only thing to be considered is what type of pick offering they could give in return.

Get Ready Movie GIF by NETFLIX

Should start a free agency thread dedicated to netballers.

or the Western Bulldogs should start it own Netball Team and apply for a licence with Netball Australia (if they are not broke)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back